• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 09 The Show League Season 1 of Please don't drown us in lag Sony!

Game 13, 1st Game of series @ Citi Field:

Reds - 1 - 6 - 0
Mets - 0 - 7 - 0

Just when you think the game can't get more annoying...

two situations in the 7th and 8th stand out. 2nd and 3rd w/ 1 out. My guy strikes out. I get a wild pitch and of course Wright goes to score. He's thrown out by a mile and I'm like "Is Wright as fast as a beached whale? WTF" I hit the replays and it turns out when I thought I sent him as soon as the ball hit the dirt, the runner didn't actually start running until the catch was almost at the ball. I don't know how that's possible.

2nd situation I'll just save and upload. It involves a clusterfuck on bases and another situation of pressing buttons w/ New baserunning controls and they don't respond. So fucking pissed because I had chances the last 3-4 inning to win/open the game up and then some.

Mrbob

The power of a Dusty Baker lead team is unstoppable!

Also, I think Frankman has the highest ratio of free wins to regular wins in this league. :lol For all your smack talk you have had 6 free wins so far and have what, 7 overall? Step up your game! :D

Tedesco!

He might just. In all fairness, I am not the best player. Of course, that's not saying much to Frank's skills if I can beat him. :D

Mrbob

He just needs to learn how to score runs.

He has one of the top eras in the league, but he keeps on losing low scoring games.

Game 14, 2nd Game of the series @ Citi Field:

Reds - 1 - 3 - 0
Mets - 2 - 11 - 0

I'm convinced I have the curse of the Mets' hitting w/ RISP.

I'm stunned Chris Dickerson had that kind of power. He launched a sweet Pelfrey changeup into the 2nd row at Citi Field. Next inning I switched up and started swinging earlier in the count. Even then bases loaded, 0 out and I score only 2? ugh. David Wright sucks in this game... must be revenge for MLB 07. I made better contact (hit like 4-5 balls to the track in spacious Citi) but let's put it this way: I can't wait for the Season 2 changes.

EDIT: What shittalk Mrbob? 1 comment where I said I can't wait to face dezed and gave a true stat? You're too sensitive. :lol

Mrbob

It actually works? I never tried it before. :lol

I had a frankman game on offense. Tons of hits, no runs. Thems the breaks!

Interesting part is online performance. Game was lagging like crazy for me, tough to do much. Sanjuro said his side was relatively smooth. Strange it can lag insanely lag for one person and be smooth for someone else.

LJ11

GQman2121 said:
LJ, anytime tonight after 9pm I'm free to get in as many games as you would like. Let me know.

I couldn't play tonight, I'm open the rest of the week unless something unexpected comes up, just name your time.

I FUCKING HATE LIFE.

1st and 3rd, 1 out. The quickpitching bastard strikes out Beltran and Delgado.

Then after I double up Ortiz when the dude tries to advance him to third on a grounder to Wright, JD Drew steps up... and unloads. My fault completely because I never changed my pitching pattern to him. 2-0 loss, more runners stranded. This can't be life...

EDIT: Yeah sure I'll log on. Too pissed anyway... I swear if you start Paul Janish I'll hit him in the face. Cocky bastard.

Game 15, 3rd Game of series @ Citi Field:

Reds - 1 - 5 - 1
Mets - 0 - 7 - 0

It's official - I'm cursed.

NVM the warning track shots, that's part of the game. NVM the RISP being left on, that's part of the game (albeit annoying). I have a problem with a pretty lag-less game suddenly lagging for one huge instant... when it's 1st and 3rd, 2 out, 0-2 count on his dude and he inexplicably runs as I throw a JJ Putz fastball ...

of course w/ the timing screwed the ball sails over the catcher, scoring his runner who was trying to steal home I guess. All the variables worked out because the ball bounced so far back if the didn't run he couldn't make it to home. Should've-could've-would've but it didn't work out. Jeez. I need a leprechaun or something.
Tedesco! said:
Good game Frank. The whole series was pretty close. A play either way could have decided any of those games.
LEPRECHAUN. When you give up 3 runs in a series you should sweep. Bottom line.

Tedesco!

The Frankman said:
when it's 1st and 3rd, 2 out, 0-2 count on his dude and he inexplicably runs as I throw a JJ Putz fastball ...

I normally steal when I have two outs. It just happened I was double stealing and for that brief moment you didn't know how to pitch. It's all good.

DCX

DCX
Corran Horn said:
Lol ya a few times I would press the button for nothing to happen. Lag was there, wasnt horrible but still made hitting hard.
Hey want to finish the series tonight? After 10 est?

DCX

Tedesco! said:
I normally steal when I have two outs. It just happened I was double stealing and for that brief moment you didn't know how to pitch. It's all good.
... You're absolutely right. I normally throw pitches that go a foot over the catchers' head! It wasn't the lag at all...

BooThisMan.gif

Tedesco!

Frank, I feel your pain. Whenever I overthrow the catcher; it is due to the lag.

On a completely unrelated note: do you think that the next version will include another option for the catcher to grab a passed ball that doesn't include him sliding? Is it that hard for a catcher to just bend down and pick up the damned ball?

DCX

DCX
Corran Horn said:
Good series. Was a pitching duel until last game. Did you accidentally kept on throwing it to home plate? :lol
No. This has been happening to me since i started playing. Whenever i try to throw to second or third by hitting the correct buttons they throw home. On one hit i didn't even press a button at all and he threw home :/ That last game was so bogus. Wang from the stretch is a joke, the meter is so fast that with lag it's meat pitches or balls in the dirt or over the head ( in some cases right at your head )

I have no clue why my guys throw home, but the key to beating me is getting a gap line drive, you can get triples off me due to my throwing glitch.

DCX

Mrbob

Yeah I don't know what is up with czartim. I looked at his history he hasn't been on gaf for a couple weeks now. Until I hear otherwise from him about being back, his opponents are getting victories at the moment.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Mrbob said:
Yeah I don't know what is up with czartim. I looked at his history he hasn't been on gaf for a couple weeks now. Until I hear otherwise from him about being back, his opponents are getting victories at the moment.

alright. i'll post here if he responds to my PSN message.

Sanjuro

jman2050 said:
Wait you too? :lol
To be fair I was drunk at that point. I knew what he was doing the entire game, I just couldn't put any power onto the ball. I left a breaking ball over the plate a bit high and that was it.

LJ11

Good game GQ. I caught the biggest break in the world. GQ is up 1-0 top of the 5th? the 1 out, Cuntu at the plate, man on first. I roll over a pitch, easy double play, but Hudson doesn't get it out of his glove. It wasn't an error, not sure what it was to be honest. The runner seemed to be too far to break it up, so it was a tough break for GQ. Cuntu is safe at first and Ugly hits a two run shot. Final score 3-1.

Mrbob

I'm really struggling online lately hitting. I think I've hit a slump.

There might be light at the end of the tunnel. I just got done playing an online random game. Won 3-2 but it took 14 damn innings, game took an hour and a half to finish. :lol

Been having a hard time reading pitches lately for some reason. Keep on swinging and missing. But around the 11th inning I started seeing pitches again. Taking pitches out of the zone I normally did, and making solid contact. I'm still not hitting the ball like I normally would, but contact is getting better again! Hopefully I can swing my way out of this soon!

GQman2121

Banned
LJ11 said:
Good game GQ. I caught the biggest break in the world. GQ is up 1-0 top of the 5th? the 1 out, Cuntu at the plate, man on first. I roll over a pitch, easy double play, but Hudson doesn't get it out of his glove. It wasn't an error, not sure what it was to be honest. The runner seemed to be too far to break it up, so it was a tough break for GQ. Cuntu is safe at first and Ugly hits a two run shot. Final score 3-1.

Yeah, I don't know what the hell happened there. I was mashing O once I realized he didn't initially throw the ball when I pressed the button. Then of course I hang a curve ball that you hit just over the left field wall.

I thought Loney might have tied it up there with Manny on in the bottom of the 9th, but it was not to be.

Let me know if you can finish up the series tonight.

Top Bottom