• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 09 The Show League Season 1 of Please don't drown us in lag Sony!

Tedesco!

TeethMummy said:
GG Tedesco. Lag was atrocious for a while. I couldn't hit anything until the 6th inning. Glad it was close at least.

No kidding. I think I got a bit lucky in the 1st, but you kept things close. I look forward to our next game.

Sanjuro

Corran Horn said:
bah! good ending to our series sanjurotsubaki. Almost caught back up :lol
ZOMFG. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad Okajima finally got warm in the pen. Took him forever but Saito magically was good after two batters. GG though. Damn.

Mrbob

:lol

Marmol gives up 6 in the 9th and I lose the game. :/

Not usually one to complain about lag, but those hits in the 9th came off of meatballs due to me not being able to hit the meter thanks to a rampant spike in lag. Ridiculous.

Just took the sweep from boston. Need to rebound!

DCX

DCX
pistolpete2940 said:
Jman, let me know if you want to finish our series tonight. Week ends tomorrow! Send me a msg thru PSN if anything
Any chance on starting our series maybe after your game with Jman?

DCX

Mrbob

Week has advanced!

Current week ends thursday night. I want to be able to advance the week before next weekend hits so get your games in! :D

2q8vfw9.png

2hxoi1k.png

This has been the story for me all day. WTF

GQman2121

Banned
Has anyone else run into glitches online? In my last series with LJ, I had a man on 1st base and hit the 1-2 pitch by the SS into left field for a base hit. The runner advanced to 2nd, but my batter was still up and the count did not changed.

This was the first time I've run into this issue this season. Last year it would happen all the time, but only on home runs with someone on base. The batter would take the place of the runner and all of the runs would count. It's was a real pain in the ass.......

Anyway, CzarTim, let me know if Tuesday night is good for you. I can play as many as you can.

I've seen a couple... a Bases Loaded-like one where I hit a double and the outfielder picked it up and threw insanely high but instead of tracking the ball thrown into the infield the camera stayed on the outfielder... now I was rounding second and was like "wtf?" and though the ball was being thrown home (couldn't see it). The camera suddenly whipsawed back to 3rd base, right where apparently the throw went just to throw me out by 10 feet.

Mrbob

Franky when can you play?

I'll be home tonight around 10est and hopefully we can pound out a couple games. Finish the 3rd game tomorrow night.

I'll be gone thurs and fri so we need to get done by Wed!

Mrbob said:
Franky when can you play?

I'll be home tonight around 10est and hopefully we can pound out a couple games. Finish the 3rd game tomorrow night.

I'll be gone thurs and fri so we need to get done by Wed!
Immediately after 11:10. However if we play two I need at least a 20-30 gap inbetween.

Mrbob

Then we'll shoot for just one game tonight. Will be too late for me to get in another.

I'll see you around 11est.

GodofWine

What does logging into sports connect offer exactly?

and

I wish you could play in leagues of 2 people / or set up a best of 7 series..something unranked, I wanna play vs. my friend with a draft and keep stats...but NOOoooooo.

Still great game, online has been flawless so far for me.

Tedesco!

The Frankman said:
Immediately after 11:10. However if we play two I need at least a 20-30 gap inbetween.

C'mon Frank. You needed less time between our games. Give the guy a break, man up, and play through!

Mrbob

GodofWine said:
What does logging into sports connect offer exactly?

and

I wish you could play in leagues of 2 people / or set up a best of 7 series..something unranked, I wanna play vs. my friend with a draft and keep stats...but NOOoooooo.

Still great game, online has been flawless so far for me.

Sportsconnect is just a label for the online service. Way to play games online.

Also, would be nice if mlb 10 has some more online options.

PS: Frankman stop hiding in the lobby I do have the power to give you auto losses. :D

Smokey

did bob tell you how he dodged me yesterday because he didn't want to get beat by the 09 champs aka the houston astros?

yeah, didn't think so.

Mrbob said:
Santana huh?

I'm using my number 4 starter and somehow you are using your 1? I see how it is! :D
16th game, #1 starter pitches

Some of us actually use 5-man rotations. Y'know, like real baseball?

Mrbob

I was away smokey I didn't dodge you! :lol

Hey if you want to use your 5 man rotation franky, thats fine! I just noticed you hesitated on choosing him when we were playing. Its no big deal, two big solo slams for the comeback victory! :D

Game 16, 1st Game of series @ Wrigley Field:

Cubs - 2 - 3 - 0
Mets - 1 - 5 - 1

No sleep lost over this other than I lost only allowing 3 hits (2 solo HRs), Santana was dealing for 8 innings. Had a chance in the 9th w/ 2 out, had a HBP/single/unintentional intentional walk to Wright (questionable decision since a hit then wins the game for me) off Kevin Gregg to load the bases. He brings in Heilman and K's Church, which was funny because I was thinking of PH'ing Sheffield on counter Heilman. You win tonight, I'll get you next game.

Mrbob

Reds and Mets? :p

DLEEEEE with the solo shot in the 7th and Soto in the 8th, big money guys!

Can you play again now? Or do you need your beauty rest.

Oh and Gregg sucks in the game like he does in real life. :/

Mrbob

Haha damn I really let that one slip away.

Kept on getting runners in scoring position all game, couldn't get them in because i kept on swinging at garbage pitches out of the zone. Man I'm still slumping at the plate hitting. :lol

I even had that game won, had a runner at 2nd in the 6th and the game lagged as I told him to go home on a slow base hit up the middle. He stayed at 3rd and mets got out of the inning. Was my game to win 1-0 lost it in extras but thems the breaks!

We'll have to play game 3 tommorrow! GG, but I need some sleep I could hardly read those pitches tonight!

Game 17, 2nd Game of series @ Wrigley Field:

Mets - 1 - 6 - 1
Cubs - 0 - 7 - 0
F/ 10 innings

John Maine was in trouble all day but managed to dance out of it seemingly every single inning. Sean Green actually threw strikes to get Maine out of a 1st and 3rd, 1 out situation w/ Zambrano then Fukudome up. Meanwhile Zambrano moms down my guys , 8 IP, 3 hits and 6 K's.

That 8th inning I nearly went bugfuck. Delgado hits a GODBEAM up the middle and the ball is by the 2nd baseman WHO SOMEHOW CATCHES IT. Nearly threw a chair their. Wright rips a liner and the SS makes a jumping catch. Sheff lines a single, then Castillo lines one up-the-middle that Zambrano catches behind his back and throws to 1st for the out... right there for the 1st time I felt like I lost the game. Luckily sweet retribution happened in the bottom of the inning. 2 outs, Soto hits a deep fly ball to the gap that Jeremy Reed runs down before crashing into the ivy. Thank God for sitting Daniel Murphy!

Wasted a RISP chance in the 9th and in the 10th after my daily beating by Marmol in comes Jeff Samardzjilxakslhlfaksna. Throws a 1st pitch FB which I had been taking most of the game. Not with Carlos Beltran up :D. Hits the HR to put me up 1. After my annual blow a chance w/ RISP I bring in Frankie for the save. As usual I make it exciting...

Single Fukudome
WP advances him to 2nd
IBB Lee
K on Bradley (HUGE)
DP Ramirez

Cue CSI: MIAMI theme, time to watch Houston beat the Lakers. I look forward to Game 3, we both beat each other's #1 starters.

Mrbob

Small correction, you actually didn't beat Zambrano. It was a no decision for him. Samardzija choked the game away that loser. :(

Mrbob said:
Small correction, you actually didn't beat Zambrano. It was a no decision for him. Samardzija choked the game away that loser. :(
Whoopsie. But a tie game after 8 w/ Z vs. Maine? I'll take that, especially after what happened in the 8th.

Mrbob

The Frankman said:
Whoopsie. But a tie game after 8 w/ Z vs. Maine? I'll take that, especially after what happened in the 8th.

Yeah, I let Maine off the hook all game and it cost me. He worked his magic in jams all game. When can you finish our series?

GQman2121

Banned
Mrbob said:
Yeah I don't know what is up with czartim. I looked at his history he hasn't been on gaf for a couple weeks now. Until I hear otherwise from him about being back, his opponents are getting victories at the moment.

I think this guy is gone Bob. I can't get him to respond.

Game 18, 3rd Game of series @ Wrigley Field:

Mets - 2 - 11 - 0
Cubs - 7 - 12 - 0
Final

It's amazing the detail in Oliver Perez is represented in this game. He had a relatively easy first 3 inning while I was pounding Dempster but blowing scoring chances left and right. I couldn't locate corners and as usual, Ollie had 1 horrible inning. 6 runs... 3 HRs in the inning, two on poorly located pitches. The 3-run Soriano homer bugged me to no end because I thought I had the guy struck out but didn't get the call on the corner.

After having the leadoff man on the first 3 innings and not scoring I can't afford that, especially after I got the patterns by the 4th. An 11 hit game wasted, but it seems I'll give up that type of game 1 once every run through the rotation. Just have to capitalize better, onto San Fran.

Top Bottom