• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 09 The Show League Season 1 of Please don't drown us in lag Sony!

LJ11

It's the same way with Maine, Frank, at least when I use him. I'll be rolling along, and then start missing by the slimmest of margins. Next thing I know, I've walked a couple and I'm in trouble, so I start dialing up the heat. Maine feels like Maine.

Mrbob

Don't want to jump the gun and say my hitting is slowly coming back, but my last game was the best I've seen the ball in a long time. I wasn't reaching for many pitches out of the zone (some but thats normal unless you are jrman who has the eye of god at the plate) and even on my outs I was smacking the ball hard. The 3rd inning is what won the game for me. I scored 6 runs that inning, with 4 coming after two outs. With runners at 1st and 3rd and two outs dempster came up with a key single dumped into left field, and then Soriano came up next and put the game away:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrGnNPRDEeE

Three run blast off the foul pole to put cubs up 6 to 0, coasting the rest of the way to victory! Good series Franky!

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Tedesco! said:
Arroyo of '07 came to play!

seriously. You blew me out in game 1 and I returned the favor in game 3, but Game 2 was a brilliant matchup of great pitching on both sides. I threw 2 bad pitches the whole game and you managed to take them both out of the park. I'm gonna lose sleep over the Arroyo HR, but at least it was a well played game. Cheers.

Mrbob

Remember cut off time if Friday night for this weeks games, so please get them in! Officially it is thursday, but I will give an extra day since many people can get off of work early on friday!

League advancing saturday morning so anything not played will be coin flipped! Except for Czartim and Jazzy oppoenents, as it seems like both of them have bolted from the league. :/

I need to get my next series in this weekend so I can use Zambrano before he gets knocked off the roster and onto the DL with next mondays update. :lol Then I have a bye the week after so it is almost perfect timing!

Tedesco!

TeethMummy said:
seriously. You blew me out in game 1 and I returned the favor in game 3, but Game 2 was a brilliant matchup of great pitching on both sides. I threw 2 bad pitches the whole game and you managed to take them both out of the park. I'm gonna lose sleep over the Arroyo HR, but at least it was a well played game. Cheers.

It was a pretty fun series to play. I don't what happened in game 3. Actually, I do. Cordero has been shit for me. He, combined with my crappy hitting, is almost a guaranteed win for any opponent.

I do want to admit that I actually jumped and yelled when Arroyo hit the HR. So awesome.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
The Frankman said:
Corran we need to get our games in, I'll be visiting folks Friday night-Sunday afternoon.

Im going to workout now, should be free maybe later today (would like to watch BBall games but can skip some of it). Tomorrow im off school around 5pm PST and would be free after that.

Dez

shit i've been ignoring this. Who do i play this week, and why isn't anyone bugging me to play :lol.

Corran Horn said:
Im going to workout now, should be free maybe later today (would like to watch BBall games but can skip some of it). Tomorrow im off school around 5pm PST and would be free after that.
I'm free anytime after 11 tonight.

Game 19, 1st Game of series @ AT & T Park:

Mets - 1 - 2 - 0
Giants - 2 - 4 - 1
Final

Serves me right for shutting down the offense. Had a 1-0 lead and thought the game was over since Putz is my only guy in the pen who's blown a lead. I hit some warning track blasts but basically I was trying to get it to my closer, who allows a 2-run homer to Molina in the 9th inning on a slider that didn't slide. I can take losing but my 8th-9th inning guys can't blow it, that's 2 games I should've won.

Game 20, 2nd Game of series @ AT & T Park:

Mets - 1 - 3 - 0
Giants - 0 - 2 - 0
Final

Basically a repeat of the last game, only Rodriguez does blow it. I score first and Livan goes 7.2rds. I have a huge problem scoring tack on runs after I thought I broke out of my slump in the last series. I know it's Zito and Lincecum, but I'm not getting runners on and I'm tired of these "almost HR's/basehits". I need a win in the next game, DESPERATELY. I can't lose a Johan start at this point.

EDIT: have you seen my games, Corran? They're either blowouts or 1-run games.

Game 21, Final Game of series @ AT & T Park:

Mets - 3 - 9 - 0
Giants - 2 - 6 - 0
Final

I'll take it. Don't even care at this point. I knew what was coming 1st-2nd pitch almost all game and hit liners/warning track shots... and striking out w/ RISP. Meanwhile Santana faces Renteria w/ 2 on in the Bottom of the 8th. I'm trying to unintentionally intentionally walk him but he swings for a 2-strike count. So now I decide to throw another ball, but a HIGH fastball. I mean HIGH. Somehow he lines it for a 2-run single and I'm asking God why does he torment me at this point...

I manage to get a 1-out Delgado single (PH with Murphy) and a Sheffield double in the top of the 9th. Strike one to Castro, then I decide to PH Jeremy Reed. What follows is a makeup for the first game as Jeremy Reed smacks one high of the foul pole for a 3-run HR. Of course Santana allows a single and long single for 1st and 3rd w/ 0 out. Bring in Putz with the idea of going Putz/Feliciano/ maybe Rodriguez for 1-out each, Putz gets an infield popup and a huge DP to end the game.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
The Frankman said:
Game 21, Final Game of series @ AT & T Park:

Mets - 3 - 9 - 0
Giants - 2 - 6 - 0
Final

I'll take it. Don't even care at this point. I knew what was coming 1st-2nd pitch almost all game and hit liners/warning track shots... and striking out w/ RISP. Meanwhile Santana faces Renteria w/ 2 on in the Bottom of the 8th. I'm trying to unintentionally intentionally walk him but he swings for a 2-strike count. So now I decide to throw another ball, but a HIGH fastball. I mean HIGH. Somehow he lines it for a 2-run single and I'm asking God why does he torment me at this point...

I manage to get a 1-out Delgado single (PH with Murphy) and a Sheffield double in the top of the 9th. Strike one to Castro, then I decide to PH Jeremy Reed. What follows is a makeup for the first game as Jeremy Reed smacks one high of the foul pole for a 3-run HR. Of course Santana allows a single and long single for 1st and 3rd w/ 0 out. Bring in Putz with the idea of going Putz/Feliciano/ maybe Rodriguez for 1-out each, Putz gets an infield popup and a huge DP to end the game.

I got sloppy in 9th. Was trying to rush it with Wilson and didnt have anyone else ready incase he crapped out :/ Almost tied to back up though. Good series.

Corran Horn said:
I got sloppy in 9th. Was trying to rush it with Wilson and didnt have anyone else ready incase he crapped out :/ Almost tied to back up though. Good series.
I hated the series. I always leave too many runners in scoring position and I can't fix it. I took 200 practice AB swings in Practice Mode. 200!!! I'm identifying pitches and locking onto them much better, but I hit liners or warning track blasts right at people. Heavens if I get runners on, then I turn into Alex Rodriguez and strike out.

*sigh* Pistolpete, I won't be back in NY until Sunday night/Monday morning at the earliest, so forget about our series this weekend.

Mrbob

Damn Frankman all your games are low scoring affairs. :lol I broke some kind of mold by scoring 7 runs in our third game it seems!

You could actually be a real threat if you mounted any type of offense.

Mrbob said:
Damn Frankman all your games are low scoring affairs. :lol I broke some kind of mold by scoring 7 runs in our third game it seems!

You could actually be a real threat if you mounted any type of offense.
And you mocked me when I stated I was a good pitcher. Funny thing is in MLB: 07 I was a pretty good hitter, but couldn't pitch that well. Next season when we play All Zones off I'll be a beast since I'm averaging like 3 runs a game when I play like that. It's funny, I'm getting good swings, but it's like I can never get that big RISP hit or that extra 5 feet I need for a HR... oh yeah, apparently balls that go over the bag fair but land foul are foul in this game. Tatis ripped one for a double but the ball was ruled foul. I blinked for a second and thought I was playing MLB 2000 w/ Mo Vaughn on the cover.

I like to think of myself as The old Cleveland Cavaliers under Mike Fratello. It's going to be a low-scoring game by default because they play decent D but intentionally waste the whole shot-clock on O.

GQman2121

Banned
Fuck, for some reason I thought I was playing the Indians this week! But it's next week. That's why I haven't contacted Dez about our series.

I just pm'd him about it Bob. I can't play tonight because I'm going to the O's/Yanks game, but I can definitely play tomorrow. If that's too late, then I guess we go to the coin.

Dez

GQman2121 said:
Fuck, for some reason I thought I was playing the Indians this week! But it's next week. That's why I haven't contacted Dez about our series.

I just pm'd him about it Bob. I can't play tonight because I'm going to the O's/Yanks game, but I can definitely play tomorrow. If that's too late, then I guess we go to the coin.

shit my bad too.. i was on a bye last week and I didn't realize so much time had gone by. I could play 3 games tomorrow as well, as long as it's before 7 pm.

Mrbob

If you guys can play tommorrow I'll hold off until you are done with your series. I won't be home tommorrow night till around 6pm central time anyway.

GQman2121

Banned
Mrbob said:
If you guys can play tommorrow I'll hold off until you are done with your series. I won't be home tommorrow night till around 6pm central time anyway.

Dez can't play today, so we would like to split wins and coin toss the third if that's ok.

Sanjuro

Anyone want to play a series? I'm scheduled to finish against Pistol Pete I believe....? If he isn't around I wouldn't mind playing some games.

Sanjuro

Sorry Pete. I wasn't feeling well and laid down and played my last game. I ended up falling asleep after continuous error messages about connecting to the sports network.

Sanjuro

Finished the series with Pete.

First game, no problems. 100% connection.

Second game...same problems from the first game from the beginning of the season. What should have been at least 5-2 game turned into a loss from constant traffic delays and no control of my runners. Damn shame.

Mrbob

Teethmummy let me know your availability this week. After around 9 or 10PM central. I can play a game late at night mon tues and wed.

jman2050

As an explanation for my tardiness, my connection just went on the fritz for the past few days, cutting in and out randomly. It makes anything requiring a sustained internet connection almost impossible.

Until I find a way to address it I'm not gonna be able to do much.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
God I wish I was kicking your ass in this game right now bob :(

Matrix said:
God I wish I was kicking your ass in this game right now bob :(
Don't worry. As soon as my hitting catches up to my pitching Season 2 will begin due to everyone forefeiting rather than playing me...

And to expedite the process, I'm watching Tom Emanski videos and doing the drills.

Mrbob

Teethmummy I should be home around 5PM central. Can we get one game in before Lost?

I can't wait to get online tonight and look at my starting roster. When I see I'll have to start fontenot at 3rd, and have aaron miles, michael hofffffffffffffffffffffffffffffpauir and possibly bobby scales in my starting lineup I may just cry. :lol

I don't think I'll have Big Z either, since he is on the DL currently.

GQman2121

Banned
Tedesco! said:
I have a bye week this week. If anyone wants to knock out a series early, just let me know.

This must be fate. I'm on a bye this week too and we play each other next week, so we should just knock it out early. I can play a game or two tonight after LOST if you're free.

Tedesco!

GQman2121 said:
This must be fate. I'm on a bye this week too and we play each other next week, so we should just knock it out early. I can play a game or two tonight after LOST if you're free.

If not tonight, how is your schedule tomorrow?

Top Bottom