• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 09 The Show League Season 1 of Please don't drown us in lag Sony!

GQman2121

Banned
Tedesco! said:
If not tonight, how is your schedule tomorrow?

I can do tomorrow night at 10 as well.

Also, for everyone in the league who wants to try the Fight Night demo tomorrow; I have a code and a dummy PSN account all set up to share. So just let me know. :)

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Ouch. After giving up a HR to Soriano on the 2nd pitch of the game, I went on to lose 6-3. I can get in at least 1 game tonight after Lost. No Lost spoilers though, I'm taping it so I can watch the hockey game. I'll still be in the lobby at 11 EST though.

Mrbob

Yeah gg, I got hot at the right time in the game, banged like 5 hits in a row to score 4 straight runs.

I'll head into the lobby after lost, and won't spoil it for you. Unless you beat me! :D

Mrbob

What the heck happened in the bottom 8th? :lol

Poor Teethmummy got robbed a run somehow. It wasn't the difference in the game but that sucked man.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
my guys clearly were supposed to have tagged. It was a baserunning error. You gunned my guys down even though I was trying to send them back. Cost me a run, and out, and any semblance of a rally I had going.

When you accidentally sent baserunners on a steal on a pitch in the dirt, I didn't throw them out, because you obviously didn't mean to send them. You gotta recognize these mistakes man.

Mrbob

Wow I got lucky with the shorter right field that last game.

I hit 3 opposite field home runs that barely went over the fence.

Mrbob

Yeah even though I won all 3, a couple key hits here are there you could have won every game. Close series. I got away that last game too with hanging a ton of curve balls with marshall. There were a couple pitches you barely missed.

You are really good at this game playing as well as you do with the Nats.

Mrbob

Checking out the national league records, after the 1 spot it looks like the entire division is wide open. Tedesco has made a nice run too getting himself back into contention. 2 through 8 is a free for all, especially with jman forfeiting games until he fixes his internet. :p Wild wild nl, wonder how it will play out!

Mrbob

I plan on advancing the week sometime on saturday, so get your remaining games in. That will have given everyone a week to get them in.

Tedesco!

GQman2121 said:
I can do tomorrow night at 10 as well.

Also, for everyone in the league who wants to try the Fight Night demo tomorrow; I have a code and a dummy PSN account all set up to share. So just let me know. :)

I will see you tonight at 10.

Tedesco!

Let's see. What about the last game pissed me off?

I select fastball. Place it right in the middle. Hit my pitching meter perfectly. And what happens? The ball gets thrown in the dirt, causing my catcher to run after it and "slide".(WTF, I've seen catchers pick up a passed ball w/o sliding) I had a ton of passed balls when the balls were thrown in the middle of strike zone.

Since when did Joey Votto play 2nd, and Brandon Phillips 1st?

Twice my outfielders were uncontrollable. A ball was hit to them and I could not move then at all, they just "moseyed" over to the ball.

Absolute bullshit.

Tedesco!

Another BS "glitch", or whatever you want to call it...I try to advance my runner after a hit, and the runner runs to the base, stops, then proceeds to run to the next base. Absolute crap.

GQman2121

Banned
My god that was brutal.

I get 5 runs from my 20 hits, in 22 innings. Blake in the 7th spot go's 3 for 9, hitting in all 5 of my runs.

The game was on a yellow connection for the first few innings, then finally straightened out to green for the majority of the game. In both games there were little pauses every few batters and that caused us both a lot of unnecessary strikes.

I think we both had a few glitches running the bases. I could not for the life of me get Looney to go back to second base on that double play in the 19th at third. When he round second I was shitting my self because you had Pierre gun down at the plate.

Good game. Let's try to finish the series up some time this weekend.

I just got home after a week in Philly... luckily Zep couldn't find my apartment or I would be in the hospital with multiple stab wounds to the neck w/ a broken bottle.

I'm hooking up the system and might be ready to play by 8-8:30. I definitely want to get a game or 2 in tonight, pete.

Maine-Niese-Pelfrey at Citi!

Game 22, 1st Game of series @ Citi Field:

Rays - 6 - 7 - 1
Mets - 1 - 7 - 1
Final

Maine has a bad case of the 1st innings. 4 runs down early... the Burrell HR was a horrible decision on location. I'm going to have to play some practice games, a week off has me playing like crap. We'll finish it tomorrow.

You sure we can't get one more in tonight? If possible, I wanna make sure to get about 3 series worth of games done this week. Think I'm going to be out of town next week.

pistolpete2940 said:
You sure we can't get one more in tonight? If possible, I wanna make sure to get about 3 series worth of games done this week. Think I'm going to be out of town next week.
We can finish 2 tomorrow whenever you'll be ready. I haven't played the game in a week and I need practice.

Mrbob

I'm trying to work out some issues to try and get DCX back into the league. Somehow it disappeared for him, wanted to see if I could get him back in by advancing. Had to pull an executive decision to advance the week now.

DCX

DCX

So...i was going to finish my series with Core. I went on and it asked me to create user name ( huh? ) i had to create a new sports connect log in and i tried to get into my league and nothing, i tried loading stuff and nothing...i checked my HD and it showed my saves! WTF

So after 20 minutes of fucking around i quit and went on to check if my entire HDD is corrupt and low and behold i grabbed the Show case and noticed the game was in the case!!! Yes....indeed i had 08 in...i erased all my saves in case that was cuasing my issue.

So i deleted all my Show saves, got hosed on two coin toss' and here i am like an asshole with my thumb up my ass, fuck me and who do i play next...

DCX

DCX said:

So...i was going to finish my series with Core. I went on and it asked me to create user name ( huh? ) i had to create a new sports connect log in and i tried to get into my league and nothing, i tried loading stuff and nothing...i checked my HD and it showed my saves! WTF

So after 20 minutes of fucking around i quit and went on to check if my entire HDD is corrupt and low and behold i grabbed the Show case and noticed the game was in the case!!! Yes....indeed i had 08 in...i erased all my saves in case that was cuasing my issue.

So i deleted all my Show saves, got hosed on two coin toss' and here i am like an asshole with my thumb up my ass, fuck me and who do i play next...

DCX
6su42nt.gif

Game 23, 2nd Game of series @ Citi Field:

Rays - 5 - 5 - 0
Mets - 0 - 8 - 0
Final

It's official, the Perez injury is going to hurt me. A lot.

Jonathon Niese is not very good in this game, also due to the fact that the devs think he doesn't have the stamina to pitch 5 innings. I was wondering why he suddenly was missing a ton then I check his levels. WTF dude was almost burnt out in the 4th? REALLY? Doesn't help I could never catch a corner call from the ump... where are the umps with the big zones???

It would figure though, 8-hit performance and no runs. Some due to a few bad swings, some due to crushing balls that got run down. My pitching is wayyyyy off right now and I need to fix it somehow (more practice games). The RISP thing would help also.

Top Bottom