• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 09 The Show League Season 1 of Please don't drown us in lag Sony!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Just had epic game with pete lol. I took Lincecum out at 9th for closer and up by 1 or 2. Rays get like 3 runs on top of 9th. I tie on bottom of 9th and he then destroys me in 10th lol :lol :lol :lol

SanjuroTsubaki said:
Yes, maybe if I wasn't getting traffic delays and such while the game was going on I would make foolish errors in your "sim-style" game of incredible honor and brotherhood.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize the lag forced you to press the wrong button. But I'm guessing that was my fault too, right?

Sanjuro

pistolpete2940 said:
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize the lag forced you to press the wrong button. But I'm guessing that was my fault too, right?
Sure why not. I mean when my screen freezes for a traffic delay I have all the power in my hands.

Simple way around this nonsense would be to have you concede for a loss as well so there isn't an imbalance in the standings. When something like that comes up again in the early innings there should be a simple Friendly Quit and recheck the settings.

DCX

DCX
Dez said:
:lol i'm affected, i just am good at compensating. The worst part is the game said our connection was "great".
Firsy game i ever played online...i did better the second game..still sucks. MLB 2k was smooth back in the day...well i better adapt quick or i'll never win.

DCX

Gary Sheffield has agreed to sign with the New York Mets, SI.com has learned. An official announcement is expected this afternoon.

It is presumed that the Mets will pay him the pro-rated portion of the $400,000 minimum. The Tigers are obligated to pick up the rest of Sheffield's $14 million salary.

Sheffield chose the Mets over the Phillies and Reds because he believes he'll get more playing time with the Mets -- although Mets people have said no promises have been made.

He's expected to be mainly a right-handed pinch hitter off the bench and to occasionally spell Ryan Church in right field. Mets people also hope the added competition might spur Church, who struggled in the second half last year.
OPENING DAY ROSTERS PLZ.

Sanjuro

GQman2121 said:
Christ, that's another big bat to deal with in the middle of their order.
When are you up to play our series? To be honest I didn't know everyone was going to play in order, I thought they would just play the series in that section to completion in any order.

GQman2121

Banned
SanjuroTsubaki said:
When are you up to play our series? To be honest I didn't know everyone was going to play in order, I thought they would just play the series in that section to completion in any order.

I may or may not be going out tonight. Tomorrow evening I have a birthday to attend, but during the afternoon I'm free. How's like 3pm est for you?

Sanjuro

GQman2121 said:
I may or may not be going out tonight. Tomorrow evening I have a birthday to attend, but during the afternoon I'm free. How's like 3pm est for you?
I should be around most of tonight and the following morning. I have no solid plans that I'm aware of.

CzarTim

SanjuroTsubaki said:
Good god czartim. I felt bad when you over threw first base and I went over then...but then I was LOL'n in the 9th. My favorite was your "tag" out at first.
So much fucking fun! :-D

Reminds me of when i was younger and my friends and i would see who could get to 100 runs first.

But man... 7 straight innings of knuckle balls... i hope Ortiz hurts for a few days. :lol :lol :lol

edit: sorry I left, for some reason I get disconnected if i'm in the lobby for too long.

Sanjuro

I'm ready to play if anyone is around.

Also, are they able to do updates to the player pictures in the roster updates? All of the late signs look foolish with the MLB cap and colors.

LJ11

If you have a series against the Marlins, message me (AIM or PM), I'll be free the rest of the day.

Sanjuro

Played a good two games against GQman.

I'm not great at the game by any means but to be honest to get hitting down playing random online games using the quess pitch is VERY helpful. Many of you may not like it, but you get a very good understanding of the different pitches characteristics and easy patterns that many people use. I have not played a single single player game and only pitched in a couple of RttS games.

Tedesco!

Good game Jazzy. It might have been more competitive if I hadn't given up 3 HRs. Or if I could hit. I might go O'fer this season. :lol

Has ChrisGoldstein been around? I'm finally ready to play our Angels series and would hate to flex already.

EDIT: Just PM'ed him to see what's up.

jman2050

The lag sucked and killed both of us at first, but it seems we both got acclimated to it somewhat.

Hopefully I can get some stuff to wire my PS3. GG btw, it was pretty tense, especially after lag botched up my cutter for the third time and Danks got thrown out :(

Tedesco! said:
Good game Jazzy. It might have been more competitive if I hadn't given up 3 HRs. Or if I could hit. I might go O'fer this season. :lol

Yea some random guy I never heard of hit 2 HRs lol. Lag was terrible. I hope this shit doesn't stay like this.

CzarTim

jman2050 said:
The lag sucked and killed both of us at first, but it seems we both got acclimated to it somewhat.

Hopefully I can get some stuff to wire my PS3. GG btw, it was pretty tense, especially after lag botched up my cutter for the third time and Danks got thrown out :(
Very much.. I probably shouldn't have taken Lee out after that hit, but either way it was a tense first half of the game.

i blew my chance after a struck out when there was a man on second and third.

Jazzy Network said:
Yea some random guy I never heard of hit 2 HRs lol. Lag was terrible. I hope this shit doesn't stay like this.
Weird... what are you using? I've played like 5-6 online games and haven't had bad lag outside of one time, and the guy admitted it was his connection. I use a WRT54GL v1.1 router w/ Tomato. I wire the PS3 though.

Core407

Banned
The Frankman said:
Weird... what are you using? I've played like 5-6 online games and haven't had bad lag outside of one time, and the guy admitted it was his connection. I use a WRT54GL v1.1 router w/ Tomato. I wire the PS3 though.

The game just has shitty netcode.

Sanjuro

I'll be on most of the day today I believe. Have one more game to play in my series and would love to play some Exhibition games as well. I played a really awesome game last night with a Cubs fan and didn't skip any of the animations in the game, it took a while but it was a good game.

Core407

Banned
I hate this game some times. They need to fix the netcode, it's complete shit and really infuriating... So much bullshit in that game, Bob but it was fun when it didn't tard out. Should have been 8-8 anyways.

Mrbob

Yeah it was a crazy game. I figured the game was making up for the free run you got in the first haha.

Started the game with Ramirez throwing the ball over Lees head for an error. Later on I walk chipper to get 1st and 3rd with one out, get a smash to my second baseman. Easy throw to the shortstop at 2nd for one out and he just drops the damn ball on the relay throw so I didn't get out of the inning and gave up a run. :lol

This is only the tip of the iceberg too. There were so many insane things that happened on both sides that game I think we both got a seasons full in that one game. :lol Very good series.

Core407

Banned
Mrbob said:
Yeah it was a crazy game. I figured the game was making up for the free run you got in the first haha.

Started the game with Ramirez throwing the ball over Lees head for an error. Later on I walk chipper to get 1st and 3rd with one out, get a smash to my second baseman. Easy throw to the shortstop at 2nd for one out and he just drops the damn ball on the relay throw so I didn't get out of the inning and gave up a run. :lol

This is only the tip of the iceberg too. There were so many insane things that happened on both sides that game I think we both got a seasons full in that one game. :lol Very good series.

I would have described parts of the series as annoying. I don't know what it is, maybe the rookie difficulty level, but the game doesn't play anywhere near the same it does on HOF or Legend. Scores have been ridiuclously high and errors have been questionable. Hopefully this was just a fluke because all of these "quirks" aren't making me enjoy the game, that's for sure.

Mrbob

Yeah I might have to bump up the difficulty for the next season...there was a ton of scoring that series.

Surprising to see as most of the games I played online are on veteran (this league is on all star) and there isn't as much scoring going on. Maybe we were both hot hitting that game.

Core407

Banned
Mrbob said:
Yeah I might have to bump up the difficulty for the next season...there was a ton of scoring that series.

Surprising to see as most of the games I played online are on veteran (this league is on all star) and there isn't as much scoring going on. Maybe we were both hot hitting that game.

That play with Escobar was annoying. He hit the ball right up the middle and somehow it bounced back to your catcher and you got him at first. Should have been no outs with 1st and 2nd on.

Mrbob

Haha yeah that was crazy. You drilled the ball off my pitcher and it slowly rolled back to my catcher. Was some bad luck involved there.

Top Bottom