• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 09 The Show League Season 1 of Please don't drown us in lag Sony!

Core407

Banned
Mrbob said:
Haha yeah that was crazy. You drilled the ball off my pitcher and it slowly rolled back to my catcher. Was some bad luck involved there.

Yeah, I don't know if it was lag but I watched the replay and the ball didn't hit anything at all. It actually started to come back after it passed the pitcher. Then I had that play with Frenchy in the OF. You killed the ball with Fontenot (I think) and Frenchy was standing under it to make the play and it just passes through his glove and you get an RBI double. I made a video of it, too. I think it's all lag - the ball shows up at a certain point when its at another.

Mrbob

Yup, so many strange things like your two run homer that clipped through the basket instead of going over. It seriously was the oddest game I've ever played in mlb. :lol The winner was going to end up being the one who got the luckiest that game.

Core407

Banned
Mrbob said:
Yup, so many strange things like your two run homer that clipped through the basket instead of going over. It seriously was the oddest game I've ever played in mlb. :lol The winner was going to end up being the one who got the luckiest that game.

Haha, yeah I forgot about that. Ball didn't even clear the fence and it was gone lol. I was wondering why you were watching the replay, I thought you thought you caught it but then I figured it out when I saw it lol

Sanjuro

LJ11 said:
Teethmummy is busy and probably won't be able to get our games in until Thursday.
2nqs3y8.jpg

Mrbob

Well with the flex scheduling this should be ok....I hope. Week 2 is going on as scheduled and will start april 7 after week 1 is over. Week 2 will be done by April 12.

CzarTim

Blowout this time, Jman had 9 runs to my one. The lag was bad during the middle of the game, but the beginning and end went smoothly.

Not being able to get a steady stream of hits is very frustrating. I need to work on that.

apparently ChrisGoldstein (who has been posting yesterday and today) isn't around this thread. Someone contact him, I've PM'ed him already.

See the right way is to PM and wait for a response. Not the PMs, PSN letters, and forum witchhunt used against me.

Sanjuro

The Frankman said:
apparently ChrisGoldstein (who has been posting yesterday and today) isn't around this thread. Someone contact him, I've PM'ed him already.

See the right way is to PM and wait for a response. Not the PMs, PSN letters, and forum witchhunt used against me.
Witchhunts are great. I have all of the listings from the OP in a created buddy group. You need to get in easy communication or else this will fail. PM's and PSN messages sometimes aren't enough for some people.

jman2050

The Frankman said:

We just like reveling in your failure. Definitely take it personally.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
The Frankman said:

haha yeah sorry dude I wasnt online much this weekend, at least on gaf or psn, except for the soccer league i'm in.

I can play tomorrow I'm off all day, working today

GQman2121

Banned
Sanjuro, I'm going to get on after the Orioles/Yanks game is over. So if you want to play our last game, hit me up with a message on PSN.

Sanjuro

GQman2121 said:
Sanjuro, I'm going to get on after the Orioles/Yanks game is over. So if you want to play our last game, hit me up with a message on PSN.
Sounds good, I'm watching the game as well.

Corran Horn said:
anyone else getting SQL statement 3 errors on the league?

I thought it was only me.

Great game man. I couldn't hit Randy Johnson for shit. I thought I had a chance to tie it there in the 9th, but I go ahead and make the last out at third base on a nice throw from the outfield. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hinqwGtdLzE

Another thing, was it just me or did Bengie Molina turn into Brian McCann out there? bastard hit like 4 homers in the series.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
lol Bengie has been my man that series. Too bad Longoria owned me a game ago to bring it back to you. :lol

GQman2121

Banned
I can't attempt to hit what I can't see. During every wind up the game was stuttering for me-both pitching and hitting. Not to undermine the integrity of the league, but fuck it, you can have the win if it's going to be like that. I just wanted it to end.

And word to the wise for everyone else in the league: Don't even try to pitch to this years cover boy. The developers obviously think he's some kind of a right handed Ruth/Bonds hybrid. That motherfucker will take what ever dog shit you throw anywhere near the plate over the fence or off the wall in left. Just walk him or hit him and save your self the embarrassment.

Sanjuro

GQman2121 said:
I can't attempt to hit what I can't see. During every wind up the game was stuttering for me-both pitching and hitting. Not to undermine the integrity of the league, but fuck it, you can have the win if it's going to be like that. I just wanted it to end.

And word to the wise for everyone else in the league: Don't even try to pitch to this years cover boy. The developers obviously think he's some kind of a right handed Ruth/Bonds hybrid. That motherfucker will take what ever dog shit you throw anywhere near the plate over the fence or off the wall in left. Just walk him or hit him and save your self the embarrassment.
Well I mean that's kinda the point of the league. Like real baseball you do what you can, if you see the loss coming then do your best at patchwork bullpen work. Pedroia is good in the game as in real life, simple as that. You threw me a breaking ball right down the middle and crushed it.

Also not to leave a 5-rating again as stated should be a common curiosity and not to do it once in a three game series while I left one for each game?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Tedesco! said:
I'm in the lobby of the league. I just can't access the schedule!
you can look at your buddy list/league list on bottom of screen. its the baseball icon I think. From there you can challenge people still, but cant look at schedule :/

jman2050

GQman2121 said:

That's funny, cause I played Sanjuro in an exhibition recently and Pedroia didn't do shit. Lern2pitch

Mrbob

It worked fine this past weekend when I got all my games in. :p Hopefully the servers go back up soon. :/

You can always challenge from the league lobby. This is what I would recommend to do. If you are both in the league lobby, just click on the opponents name and select challenge a league game.

Don't know about the SQL issues sorry. :(

GQman2121

Banned
SanjuroTsubaki said:
Also not to leave a 5-rating again as stated should be a common curiosity and not to do it once in a three game series while I left one for each game?

I left 5 stars every time we've played.

CzarTim

Finished up my series with Jman. This was our closest game yet, but he still blew me away. I had a few early runs, but wasn't able to maintain the lead.

In the first I had already gotten one run in, and I would have gotten another off a sac-fly, but I got hung up by the fucking base running controls, trying to get the guy on first to tag up and the guy on 3rd to score. The game made up for it though, the next inning I should've been tagged out at home on a bad pitch that rolled back to the pitcher, but the catcher dropped the ball even though I slid into home.

jman2050

czartim said:
Finished up my series with Jman. This was our closest game yet, but he still blew me away. I had a few early runs, but wasn't able to maintain the lead.

In the first I had already gotten one run in, and I would have gotten another off a sac-fly, but I got hung up by the fucking base running controls, trying to get the guy on first to tag up and the guy on 3rd to score. The game made up for it though, the next inning I should've been tagged out at home on a bad pitch that rolled back to the pitcher, but the catcher dropped the ball even though I slid into home.

You've been a great opponent, thanks for the games :)

I still have some annoying habits to try and curtail for later series. At least my games don't lag to hell and back anymore so I can actually work on my timing and plate discipline.

No prob Chris. Play some practice games online to get a feel on the game/potential lag if you need to or go RTTS.

Just post here when you want to play again... I'm wondering if I should flex to GQman then... yeah GQ just logon and I should be available tonight. We can actually finish the series if you want.

Mrbob

Week 1 ends in about an hour or so...

LJ and Teethmummy can you get all 3 games in on thursday? Whatever you don't get done I"m probably going to have to flip a coin for and advance by then. The league is on a five day schedule and I have a feeling it doesn't advance officially to the next week until all the unresolved games for the current week or taken care of.

Top Bottom