• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 12: The Show Online League Thread or How Will PSN Die in 2012?

Is anyone getting weird settings in-game? AnEternalEnigma told me he has the Sunburst PCI in his game, but the Leagues settings are all off. No one should have any PCI, wtf Sony San Diego?

EDITL "Online games will use ZONE if set to TIMING." as per AnEternalEnigma. So change your settings, guys.

Mrbob

LOL, wtf. Bases loaded balk called to end the game!

I was set! Fuck these umps lol!

Silver lining I finally hit with Castro. He went 4 for 5 in the game. Too bad no one else could hit the ball.

DCX

DCX
gg bro. good series. The balks did you in. 7 or 8 in the series. You must be doing something that makes them happen.

I thought as the game went on i did better at the plate. I still need to develop a batter's eye, right now it likes every pitch.

DCX

ecnal

Is anyone getting weird settings in-game? AnEternalEnigma told me he has the Sunburst PCI in his game, but the Leagues settings are all off. No one should have any PCI, wtf Sony San Diego?

EDITL "Online games will use ZONE if set to TIMING." as per AnEternalEnigma. So change your settings, guys.

there isn't even a league option to force PCI's on or off...

people will have PCI's on or off depending on their own personal settings.

there isn't even a league option to force PCI's on or off...

people will have PCI's on or off depending on their own personal settings.
It's not in the League, it's in My Settings I believe. There are settings there that seem to override things in League because it's "online". Madness.

ecnal

It's not in the League, it's in Play Now. There are settings in Play Now that seem to override things in League because it's "online". Madness.

that's not true.

check your play now settings: there is nothing about the PCI, nor anything control related.

moreover, the play now settings do not override any settings in leagues or any other mode. almost every single play now setting i have differs from our league settings, and i always get our league settings.

control and HUD related options all carry over from your own personal settings unless, of course, your own HUD settings differ from a global setting (e.g. league settings, strike zone = off).

dantehemi

Anyone seen kave_man? Want to play some games... He hast logged into PSN in 2 days and hasn't posted in here also, he probably doesn't know the league is up yet. How long we gonna give him and what do I do if he doesn't show?

MickeyPhree

I may strike out a million times each game, but the blue crew is on fiyeah.

Seriously though French, you just got unlucky. My brother was visiting and watching us play last night. Early on, I lean over to him and say watch this, i guarantee I blow this game in the 8th or 9th. Sure enough, that 8th almost made me throw the controller through the wall.

Mrbob

I'm getting confused about the pitching settings. Isn't it just your personal settings? I use meter to pitch and that is how my series with DCX was.

gg bro. good series. The balks did you in. 7 or 8 in the series. You must be doing something that makes them happen.

I thought as the game went on i did better at the plate. I still need to develop a batter's eye, right now it likes every pitch.

DCX

Yeah it was only so long I could keep the Rangers offense down without scoring myself. 10 innings with no runs, finally came back to bite me in the 11th!

I may strike out a million times each game, but the blue crew is on fiyeah.

Seriously though French, you just got unlucky. My brother was visiting and watching us play last night. Early on, I lean over to him and say watch this, i guarantee I blow this game in the 8th or 9th. Sure enough, that 8th almost made me throw the controller through the wall.

nah i got lucky in that 3rd game to even be in it with the error. on the bunt attempt with 1 out, i sent that fucking idiot to complete the suicide squeeze but he didn't go! so then the bunt happens and he's so late he gets tagged out -_-

you took advantage of the pitches with a few long balls and there is the series :(

eznark

Banned
PERFECTO!!!

God damn, Greinke had a sick ass curve ball again. They neutered it last year but this year it is gorgeous.

Nice for ARam to break out a bit. This IBB of Braun must be stopped.

that's not true.

check your play now settings: there is nothing about the PCI, nor anything control related.

moreover, the play now settings do not override any settings in leagues or any other mode. almost every single play now setting i have differs from our league settings, and i always get our league settings.

control and HUD related options all carry over from your own personal settings unless, of course, your own HUD settings differ from a global setting (e.g. league settings, strike zone = off).
I'm just going by what the actual in-game thing reads. Says it in the manual.

"Online games will use ZONE if set to TIMING."

And if it switches to zone, it then seems to use the Sunburst PCI. We just confirmed this yesterday. The rest I hink was a temporary fix by Russell_SCEA, but I don't know everything that it entailed so you probably right on that though. I'll try and check.

ecnal

I'm just going by what the actual in-game thing reads. Says it in the manual.

"Online games will use ZONE if set to TIMING."

And if it switches to zone, it then seems to use the Sunburst PCI. We just confirmed this yesterday. The rest I hink was a temporary fix by Russell_SCEA, but I don't know everything that it entailed so you probably right on that though. I'll try and check.

as it says in the manual, it's pretty straight forward.

you cannot use timing batting online (for obvious reasons); if you try, you get zone, which has the PCI on by default.

i'm not sure where the 'madness' or confusion comes from.

S1lent

Nice games Fenix! Thought I had the sweep in hand!
Fucking Giambi!
At least the lag was much better the latter two games.

This remind me. Aoki is fucking right handed and white in this game. Absurd.
I think what happened was he never played a ML game yet so SCEA didn't have a cap of him. Whoever did the brewers fucked up, I'll check the thread. Wait, no Brewers guys noticed this? Maybe they were waiting for his debut, I think there are individual CAPs of him in the Roster Vault.

EDIT: That was all SCEA. It's fixed on the OSFM rosters according to Brewers guys.

Why is Braun still on the MLB roster? It was agreed on long before that Braun was going to be banned starting the season for roids, it's unfair for the other guys. Put him in Triple-A dude, 27 games (9 series).

dantehemi

Yeah? Why would he be baned? It doesn't bother me anyway it goes, but this is a video game, he's not juicing in the game. Lol

Mrbob

There are like 9 people who haven't played a game yet. I know a couple guys have been waiting on others. Maybe we should restart this league after the first couple weeks, see who is truly interested. The more players the better, but I'd rather be in a league with guys who want to play. Trim the fat.

Yes, just like the real life falcons did. Braun wasn't actually suspended in real life so I don't see where you're going with the comparison
Braun actually did it, signed off on the sample, then slandered the guy who collected the sample. If he gets cancer from the steroids I won't feel sorry for him.
Yes, just like the real life falcons did. Braun wasn't actually suspended in real life so I don't see where you're going with the comparison
For weeks after Braun was released on a technicality even though he did it, we had all said he did it and would be banned in the games for some games. I find it hilarious that all of a sudden right now when the league starts it's "LOL it never happened!"

Unless all of you guys were joking for the last 3 months in 2-3 different threads.

eznark

Banned
I assume everyone thought you were kidding because it is a moronic idea to arbitrarily ban players in a league that calls itself sim.

If you want to run a fantasy league then start a new league. Give Sanjuro the reins on this one.

I assume everyone thought you were kidding because it is a moronic idea to arbitrarily ban players in a league that calls itself sim.

If you want to run a fantasy league then start a new league. Give Sanjuro the reins on this one.
Asked him four times, he says he's busy with other stuff. Also, I talked to you multiple times and you played it off every time. If you people were just kidding maybe you should've actually communicated that.

Protip: Saying "you're cute" and "adorable" is not a legit answer in a serious convo, and makes you come off as not caring. Now I have to logon and re-assign you the win. JESUS...

Alderson.jpg

"SAY IT TO MY FACCCCCCCE!!!"

Sanjuro

Asked him four times, he says he's busy with other stuff. Also, I talked to you multiple times and you played it off every time. If you people were just kidding maybe you should've actually communicated that.

Protip: Saying "you're cute" and "adorable" is not a legit answer in a serious convo, and makes you come off as not caring. Now I have to logon and re-assign you the win. JESUS...

I went on vacation for a couple weeks, but that was about it. I've done the league for a few seasons now. You just came off super aggressive, adamant about running everything. I really didn't want to enter a back and forth with you for months for obvious reasons.

Sanjuro

There's crips on neogaf? Yo crip4life, let me know when you wanna start our series. I guess you gotta finish your series with sanjuro first.

Yeah, we have a couple games to get in. Why isn't flex scheduling on? That is one of the nice features they actually put into the OF.

Top Bottom