• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 12: The Show Online League Thread or How Will PSN Die in 2012?

ecnal

i'm assuming we see duplicate tables because we're playing round robin...

my guess is the 'league all' table is to filter stats by league, rather than by division.

edit: case in point: https://theshownation.com/leagues/350

edit 2: looks like they added more stats in that table and in the tables that show each team's rotation and lineup. nice.

white sox or royals owners around? game?

That's strange. Is this the first year they're done that? I don't recall the MLB 09-11 league pages ever doing that. Cool addition though I guess.

Jeez, I can't flex since Kave_Man hasn't played his 1st series yet.

You and me tonight for Series 1, Shiv?

Ecnal, I wanted to catch you last night, but wound up working crazy late. We can hit it this weekend for sure.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I apologize if this is a stupid question, but I can play anyone?

ie. I don't have to play the series in order or do I have to wait to play the Marlins first?

If it's the case I can play anyone. I'm gonna be online all night long for anyone who wants to play the Nationals.

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but I can play anyone?

ie. I don't have to play the series in order or do I have to wait to play the Marlins first?

If it's the case I can play anyone. I'm gonna be online all night long for anyone who wants to play the Nationals.
dantehemi just logged on. Contact him via PSN!

dantehemi

I'm currently playing kave_man, I'm finding the game really leggy, and the ball is very hard to track, I also thought we were doing meter pitching.. I'm pitching the 1 button push style, and am having trouble placing the balls... Hits are very very hard to come by. Anyone else having these problems

Edit: this is bs, I've balked 4 times leading to a run, what am I doing wrong?

So how do online leagues work in The Show?

Do people have series' to play or is it flex schedule or...?
It's currently flexed to one series ahead.
I'm currently playing kave_man, I'm finding the game really leggy, and the ball is very hard to track, I also thought we were doing meter pitching.. I'm pitching the 1 button push style, and am having trouble placing the balls... Hits are very very hard to come by. Anyone else having these problems
It is Meter... wtf?

If the lag is too much ask Kave_Man if he wants to Friendly Quit so you can play later at night. Traffic is usually high at this time, which contributes to any lag due to distance. However, you need to get 3 games in tonight.
this is bs, I've balked 4 times leading to a run, what am I doing wrong?
Pitcher has to come to a COMPLETE stop with a runner on.

Mrbob

I remember previous MLB online games were more laggy when played during the day than at night, is this still the case?

Maybe we can try all night games again to see if it helps.

I remember previous MLB online games were more laggy when played during the day than at night, is this still the case?

Maybe we can try all night games again to see if it helps.
Yeah, I put it in the Rules post after last couple of years. It's kinda tough, but people are learning it sooner than later that it's better to play a series the 1st day it's assigned rather than wait and have to make up games in the day. I mean there are 5 days + the resolve day (kinda), and even though the league started late on the 1st day this is getting too slow.

At 3 am EST (12 PM PST) I autoresolve all games and advance to Week 2. Anyone has any complaints post/PM me. I wanted to give everyone a "first week break" but I think it's now been one full week, that's enough of a break.

dantehemi

Well the game I'm playing isn't meter pitching, can I change it in game? These balks are crazy!!! It's costing me the game, is it a computer thing or am I doing something wrong? I'm just pressing 1 button to pitch, what else can I do?

dantehemi

Game 1 in the books, good game getting used to this online play, really wish I knew how to change my pitcher to meter. Right now for some reason my pitching is set to classic, do I have to change this setting in the main game lobby?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Well the game I'm playing isn't meter pitching, can I change it in game? These balks are crazy!!! It's costing me the game, is it a computer thing or am I doing something wrong? I'm just pressing 1 button to pitch, what else can I do?

Haha didn't matter in the end, I kept strausburg in way too late.

Game 1 in the books, good game getting used to this online play, really wish I knew how to change my pitcher to meter. Right now for some reason my pitching is set to classic, do I have to change this setting in the main game lobby?
Yes. My Settings >>> Gameplay >>> Pitching.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yeah sure, I'm dropping my buddy off at the airport for around 9pm but anything after 9:30pm I'm good to go. Just post here on neogaf.

dantehemi

Wrong thread? And hey eznark, have you played iotp 2012 on iOS yet? I remember talking to you last year about the 2011 version and I agreeded with you that it was a complete mess with pitchers and stuff. Was thinking about giving 2012 a go, but you know....

S1lent

Yes, just sent you a PM. Sorry about last night, wasn't able to make it on as I'd hoped. I'll get on now. Try not to crush me as bad as you did darkside...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
BTW Kave_Man you face me after you're done, I figure we can start tomorrow. That ok with you?

This might be my last hectic weekend, but looks like I may not be able to play until early Sunday afternoon.

Going out to a bar for a friend's bday tomorrow night, then going to help out at another friend's charity event on Saturday. :(

Some of you are already on it but I forgot to put it up:

Series 2:
Nationals (Kave_Man) vs. Mets (The Frankman)
Rays (darkside31337) vs. Red Sox (Sanjuro Tsubaki)
Blue Jays (sext0n) vs. Giants (Corran Horn)
Orioles (CRIP4LIFE) vs. Yankees (pistolpete2940)
Mariners (goldlion054) vs. Cardinals (Shiv47)
Angels (Dmncnby2k9) vs. DiamondBacks (acheron_xl)
Braves (AnEternalEnigma) vs. Brewers (eznark)
Marlins (dantehemi) vs. Cubs (Mrbob)
Rangers (DCX) vs. Pirates (ajf009)
White Sox (S1lent) vs. Padres (ecnaL)
Royals (Duane Cunningham) vs. Rockies (Fenix)
Tigers (Square Triangle) vs. Dodgers (FrenchMovieTheme)

If you are still on Series 1 I or the game will Auto-Resolve tomorrow. We're starting to get a bit behind now.

I'm getting a message that "38 Game(s) have just expired. The commissioner now has the chance to resolve any expired games (or they may auto-resolve)."

I just realized the only way that would makes sense is that they started counting when the League actually was made but not activated (April 16th), instead of when all the invites were made and the League was activated (April 19th). Which is stupid as hell.

If you can get your games in for Week 2 this weekend guys, please do.

Top Bottom