• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 12: The Show Online League Thread or How Will PSN Die in 2012?

ecnal

Yeah, we have a couple games to get in. Why isn't flex scheduling on? That is one of the nice features they actually put into the OF.

qCpVZ.jpg

wtf we can have an open schedule? open this shit up so some of us aren't waiting a week to play. why punish those of us who actually play!

not like MLB is like the NFL anyways where we need separate week advancement periods

Sent kave_man a pm, no response..so I'm really lost on what I should do?
Post and quote in the threads he's posting in (post history). If he's actually around and not communicating (like alot of people here apparently), then that'll have to be addressed.

also, it is set to Flex one series ahead.

EDIT: In fact it's BEEN set to Flex.

turnbuckle

Braun actually did it, signed off on the sample, then slandered the guy who collected the sample. If he gets cancer from the steroids I won't feel sorry for him.

For weeks after Braun was released on a technicality even though he did it, we had all said he did it and would be banned in the games for some games. I find it hilarious that all of a sudden right now when the league starts it's "LOL it never happened!"

Unless all of you guys were joking for the last 3 months in 2-3 different threads.

Are you serious? I thought your comments (and I can't remember anyone else really going along with you) were all in jest. You gotta be fucking kidding me.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kave_man I'm free all day tommorow. Let me know when we can knock out some games.

Kave_man lets get a game in today, I'm. Available 5-10 maybe we can play 2

Kave_man you ready for some games?

Anyone seen kave_man? Want to play some games... He hast logged into PSN in 2 days and hasn't posted in here also, he probably doesn't know the league is up yet. How long we gonna give him and what do I do if he doesn't show?

Series 2? I haven't even played 1 game!!!! I'm still waiting on kave_man... He hasn't responded to this forum in a while!!

Sent kave_man a pm, no response..so I'm really lost on what I should do?

Makes me look like quite the jackass here but I can definitely say I did not receive a single PM from you. Either way when the league finally started was probably the worst time possible for me. This entire weekend I spent actually playing baseball and then celebrating my birthday.

Either way I'm here now, I'll try to make it easy for whoever I'm playing. Tonight and tomorrow I'll keep myself available between 5pm and midnight (EST).

I'll send a PM to dante now.

holy smokes i got torched in the first 3 innings :(

calmed down a bit late but if someone scores more than 2 runs against me they have a 99.999% chance of winning. in that game it would've only taken 1 run!

You're giving 6 days between every advance?
It's always been 5 days... the 6th day is just a resolve day, doesn't exist really.

calmed down a bit late but if someone scores more than 2 runs against me they have a 99.999% chance of winning. in that game it would've only taken 1 run!
Sounds like me in MLB 10, which also sounds like me now...

Lol, I just got lucky. I had way too many strikeouts- especially to Harang..

I should be down for playing another game tomorrow (My schedule is tight since I'm married =P)

Lol, I just got lucky. I had way too many strikeouts- especially to Harang..

I should be down for playing another game tomorrow (My schedule is tight since I'm married =P)

I saw you on today and sent you a challenge, but you must've been away. I'll try again tomorrow about the same time, I guess.

Cards owner

Lets roll tonight after 9 est? I'm gonna be out of town for a week starting Thursday, so we need to get this series in!

ecnal

what are these terrible roster/attribute adjustments, frankman?

cashner only throws 94? lol
alonso has HR power? lol

i appreciate grandal, but i'd rather have cashner throwing 100+ and have a realistic alonso...

what are these terrible roster/attribute adjustments, frankman?

cashner only throws 94? lol
alonso has HR power? lol

i appreciate grandal, but i'd rather have cashner throwing 100+ and have a realistic alonso...
To my knowledge the SCEA rosters are crap. If you dislike the Padres OSFM them I'll pass it along to the team who was working on the Padres.

Also, if you square one up in this game it's going to go. doesn't matter who.

EDIT: you were beaten to the punch by a few weeks on Cashner:
Couple things I have noticed about the Padres roster that I change when starting a franchise.

1. Micah Owings contact and power ratings needs to be upped. Matty V even has a recorded bit of color commentary about how good of a hitter Micah is and yet he is still rated as a normal pitcher would be.

2. Andrew Cashner's velocity is way off. Guy has a low 100's 4-seamer and is developing a 99 mph 2-seamer. His change-up is 89. He is young and wild but will develop more control as he progresses.

3. Unfortunately there is nothing that really can be done about it but a "C" rating for Cory Luebke is heinous. The guy has elite swing and miss stuff and the padres just locked him up for the next 3 years for 27 million because they expect him to be their top of the rotation lefty. An "A" rating might be pushing it because he is already 27 but a "B" to "B+" is more accurate than having him round out the AAA team in 2014 like in my franchise.
Unfortunately I did not touch the major leaguers, but yes Cashner needs his pitching ratings to be overhauled (4-Seam velocity up, movement down, velocity up on other pitches accordingly).

Cory Luebke is an unfortunate victim of the bad potential, but thankfully he's not in Jim Johnson territory. He should be a B+ though, he's likely going to be a diamond-in-the-rough guy considering that the odds were against him because of his age.
Seems like he and Luebke slipped through the cracks.

bummer :/
To be clear, OSFM Opening Day only works on full minors/Opening Day rosters. You want OSFM v.3, that deals with pitch edits to everyone. OSFM v.2 is cosmetic changes (proper stances/equipment). Both are being worked on now and v.2 may be out within a week.

ecnal

To be clear, OSFM Opening Day only works on full minors/Opening Day rosters. You want OSFM v.3, that deals with pitch edits to everyone. OSFM v.2 is cosmetic changes (proper stances/equipment). Both are being worked on now and v.2 may be out within a week.

see, the thing is though, i'm almost positive that cashner was throwing 100 in the games we played in the test league...

i know he throws 100 on the current SCEA roster too, so maybe these OSFM rosters are built off the day 1 SCEA rosters?

that would explain a lot, actually.

Frank do both series need to be played by tomorrow or just the first?
Going by when we started, the first. I'm going to check the League Office thign to see what games I have to resolve. I think I need to get on a few people... I mean I can auto-resolve but you never want to blow off the 1st series.

eznark

Banned
Going by when we started, the first. I'm going to check the League Office thign to see what games I have to resolve. I think I need to get on a few people... I mean I can auto-resolve but you never want to blow off the 1st series.

Just making sure. Enigma and I played one (I almost won 1-0 without getting a hit!) but I don't want to play all three unless I have to. I'd like to spread them out a bit.

Top Bottom