• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 12: The Show Online League Thread or How Will PSN Die in 2012?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Frankman, I have to go out for drinks after work but that won't be too long. I'm 99% sure I can get home around 7:30pm. Can probably get a game or two in with you before heading out to my buddy's birthday party.

Prepare to see a lot of strikeouts...
by me!

Hey Frankman, my record should be 4-1 not 3-2.
I'm hoping the game resets but I've been trying to resolve that game for a week, I cannot resolve the game that froze. I contacted Russell _SCEA about it, but it's starting to look like a League glitch. I can't do anything about it right now.

EDIT: Looks like Sanjuro is going to get 3 free wins.

I'm hoping the game resets but I've been trying to resolve that game for a week, I cannot resolve the game that froze. I contacted Russell _SCEA about it, but it's starting to look like a League glitch. I can't do anything about it right now.

EDIT: Looks like Sanjuro is going to get 3 free wins.

Damn. So none of the two gms that froze r resettable? Has anybody had any freezing issues when bunting?

Damn. So none of the two gms that froze r resettable? Has anybody had any freezing issues when bunting?
Nope but two of my games froze after they ended. Like once the final box score was posted BAM frozen.
I'm trying to see if the 1.06 patch had anything to do with it, but there are several leagues that complained of freezing glitches... God I hope this doesn't become an issue.

The only thing I can say is that as soon as anything can be done Dmncnby2k9 I'll adjust that game, until then I'm waiting for a response.

dantehemi

Frankman, I have to go out for drinks after work but that won't be too long. I'm 99% sure I can get home around 7:30pm. Can probably get a game or two in with you before heading out to my buddy's birthday party.

by me!
Yeah I can attest to that lol, had 19 with anibal Sanchez last game I played him. Great game by the way, I really get fucked up with the balks. I had intentionality walked 2 of his sluggers with 2 outs and a runner on third, and I fucking balked the run in!!! Well prety much that was the end of that. But good fun playing you kave_man.

My opinions on the league (not that they matter)
- I fucking hate balks, can't we take them off? I know it controls fast pitching, but is it necessary?
- I am having alot of trouble tracking fly balls and line drives in the outfield, I find it very hard without the indicator.
- my batting just sucks, I should start to use zone hitting in my franchise, but I find timing much more natural to me
- although none of us can control it, the lag really frustrates me sometimes.
But all in all, I think it will be fun. I have alot of improving to do.

dantehemi

Marlins dude I should be home most of the weekend. Might head out Saturday Night, tho!
Ok bud, I'll be around all day Saturday and Sunday. Games don't take much to play, so we can marathon our series when we both have a chance, I'll hit you up when I'm free on here and you do the same.

by me!
You up to play 1-2 games now? 8:30-9 there lag should be minimal.

Shiv47

by me!

I have struck out 92 times in 40 innings so far. Figuring out timing and judging pitches is really difficult for me, obviously. This is the first Show that I've really dug into, though.

Gotcha Kave, we'll nail them out Sunday
I have struck out 92 times in 40 innings so far. Figuring out timing and judging pitches is really difficult for me, obviously. This is the first Show that I've really dug into, though.
A lot of it is figuring out if any input lag is due your TV or the connection. Here is an excellent thread detailing the issue and how to resolve it.

I just went through this, I was in Philly playing on a 46-inch Sony Bravia HDTV and there was a noticeable lag on input, not the mention the larger TV gave me a wider field of vision I wasn't used to at all. My first series I struggled to do anything, and could not get my PCI where I wanted it. When I got home to my more familiar 32-inch crappy HDTV I was raking the ball again.

ecnal

so, when you said get your second series in this weekend, you actually meant thursday?

can you reset auto resolved games?

so, when you said get your second series in this weekend, you actually meant thursday?

can you reset auto resolved games?
Yes, just reset them.

I think that's everything, if you guys see anything else hit me up.

EDIT: Also since the Baltimore Orioles are vacant, if you're facing them you get 3 free wins. Orioles will go 0-69 in this league.

Yes, just reset them.

EDIT: Also since the Baltimore Orioles are vacant, if you're facing them you get 3 free wins. Orioles will go 0-69 in this league.

Are you aware you reset games that were actually played? I did 2 of 3 against the the Angels, and now I have to redo them.

Are you aware you reset games that were actually played? I did 2 of 3 against the the Angels, and now I have to redo them.
whoopsie. I forgot some of you played Week 2 games. :D.

I'll just assign the wins on that. Damn itchy X button!

EDIT: That was the 4-2/8-1 games that dmncby2k8 won right?

ecnal

had a great game with s1lent.

humber was dealing: couldn't stop reaching for that slider, and i failed to adjust to the low strike zone.

virtual padres have finally started playing like their real counterparts :(

jCiwA.jpg

604497_oj9ata.gif

eznark

Banned
I don't know what the fuck is going on, but i went 1-2 with Enigma.

Does all your bullshit reset the stats as well, Frank?

S1lent

had a great game with s1lent.

humber was dealing: couldn't stop reaching for that slider, and i failed to adjust to the low strike zone.

virtual padres have finally started playing like their real counterparts :(

jCiwA.jpg

604497_oj9ata.gif

Humber was good, but his control was fairly erratic throughout, and you did a good job making me throw a lot of pitches. I felt like the changeup saved me more than anything else on those deep counts.

Also, is it just me or does the league not save any changes you make to the rotation or line up?

nats, tontaku22
and I face him now, but he won't be back until 1 PM Sunday. Hopefully we can get all 3 games in.

REPOSTING FOR NEW PAGE

Some of you are already on it but I forgot to put it up:

Series 2:
Nationals (Kave_Man) vs. Mets (The Frankman)
Rays (darkside31337) vs. Red Sox (Sanjuro Tsubaki)
Blue Jays (sext0n) vs. Giants (Corran Horn)
Orioles (CRIP4LIFE) vs. Yankees (pistolpete2940)
Mariners (goldlion054) vs. Cardinals (Shiv47)
Angels (Dmncnby2k9) vs. DiamondBacks (acheron_xl)
Braves (AnEternalEnigma) vs. Brewers (eznark)
Marlins (dantehemi) vs. Cubs (Mrbob)
Rangers (DCX) vs. Pirates (ajf009)
White Sox (S1lent) vs. Padres (ecnaL)
Royals (Duane Cunningham) vs. Rockies (Fenix)
Tigers (Square Triangle) vs. Dodgers (FrenchMovieTheme)

If you are still on Series 1 the game will Auto-Resolve tomorrow. We're starting to get a bit behind now.
Try to finish series 2 games ASAP and move to Series 3. Of course pistolpete getting a vacation now LOL.

Top Bottom