• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 12: The Show Online League Thread or How Will PSN Die in 2012?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
While Frankman and I are in intermission as I eat my dinner I'd just like for him to see how I felt at the end of game 2:

After the 2 run homer to tie it:
Palance1.gif

And then once Frankman decided to engage in beastmode and just curb stomp me in the top of the 10th:
4kf2nhk.gif

Just got back, sorry shopping took longer than I thought. Back for Game 3.

Oh regarding that Game 2 I couldn't believe Frank Francisco pitches like real life. I decided to try and sit on a pattern I noticed after that, and rode it that inning.

S1lent

Yup. Danks' efforts were spoiled by Pierzynski not knowing how to throw to first base and Jesse Crain suckage :/

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Just got back, sorry shopping took longer than I thought. Back for Game 3.

Oh regarding that Game 2 I couldn't believe Frank Francisco pitches like real life. I decided to try and sit on a pattern I noticed after that, and rode it that inning.

I actually laughed when it happened, reminded me way too much of him on the Jays.

Overall great series, you had some super clutch hitting throughout. I was lucky to get it so close those first two games.

edit: Game went through for me, froze for a second then everything went fine.

Guys be VERY CAREFUL with this 1.16 update. I'm reading that alot of people are having freezing issues with their RTTS/Franchises. Copy your data on a separate USB if you can before DLing 1.16.

ecnal

another round of series are gonna expire tomorrow or 5/1, frank -- fyi.

duane, when you wana roll?

edit: or mariners owner, our series is open as well.

Mrbob

dantehemi, you gotta check your pms!

I'll be gone all day tomorrow, home about 9 to 9:30 central. Hopefully we can knock all the games out tomorrow night!

another round of series are gonna expire tomorrow or 5/1, frank -- fyi.

duane, when you wana roll?

edit: or mariners owner, our series is open as well.

I can play 1 right now. Shiv been blue balling me for a week!

Edit: Meh, tomorrow evening works better if you can play

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Yeah I've been slacking like shit.

Sanjuro if you want we can go tonight (and whoever my series 3 opp is). Again sorry for the late notices, the weather was indeed too nice (well that and some other bullshit). Sorry for being as unmotivated as JD Drew this past weekend. I'll be on around 9 tonight eastern (as I'm posting from work right now) and will be off the rest of the week free to play all day and night basically

ok, i can wait till tomorrow -- unless duane shows up.

Yeah, sorry, I'd intended to get on last night but I couldn't in the end. I'll be on tonight, though, so if you want to play a game before or after your games with him, I'm up for it.

Although Fenix and I need to knock out series 2 still, so Fenix, if you see this, how does tonight look? (I'll send a PM, too).

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
tontaku22 I'll be around late night all week. Anytime after 9. Let's get this shit done!

That's me! I'm going to the Jays game tonight so depending what time I get home we might be able to crank 1 out, otherwise I'm free the whole week so we can definitely finish this up fairly quickly.

eznark

Banned
That's me! I'm going to the Jays game tonight so depending what time I get home we might be able to crank 1 out, otherwise I'm free the whole week so we can definitely finish this up fairly quickly.

Oh shit, I had no idea. Brewers are out west so I can start games as late as 12:30 EST or so for the rest of the week. Jays are at 7 so if you feel like it when you get home I'm sure I'd be down.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Oh shit, I had no idea. Brewers are out west so I can start games as late as 12:30 EST or so for the rest of the week. Jays are at 7 so if you feel like it when you get home I'm sure I'd be down.

Yeah we'll be fine, I go to bed around 1am every night for work. We'll just have to play a game a day as I get far too sleepy after 1:30am.

Ach let me know wen we can finish our series. Can play around 530 till 7.
Cant play after 7 Ach. Gotta do sum work for tomorrow.

Sext0n, let me know when you wanna start our series. I understand you still have to finish series 2 with Corran.

While Frankman and I are in intermission as I eat my dinner I'd just like for him to see how I felt at the end of game 2:

After the 2 run homer to tie it:
Palance1.gif

Lol. Where is this from?

ecnal

i r here

duane or goldilion

edit: duane and i got it scheduled. goldilion, you wana get a game in today?

Well, that was fucking terrible. It all fell apart when I accidentally gave the intentional walk with a guy on 1st already. I was so deflated when I did that. And you wrked the bottom of the zone so hard, I had to guess whether the ump would call it or not. Felt like 2 on 1!

And Hector Noesi has the worst Curve in the history of baseball. Good God

Otherwise, I look forward to my beatings tomorrow and Wednesday!

ecnal

gg.

if you accidentally bring up the IBB, just step off to cancel (L1).

i thought you were trying to get me to ground into a double play to end the inning -- didn't realize it was on accident.

umps helping me out this time! they were out to get me in my series with s1lent.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Sorry eznark just got home now. I'm way too exhausted to play.

Let's do this thing tomorrow night.

Good games, Fenix, but holy shit the lag. That attempted in park HR was nothing I asked for. I stopped advancing the runner en route to 2nd. In the 9th, there was a dropped strike three and I was jamming the stick toward first, but my catcher just sat there. And constantly my fielders were not moving in the outfield. Usually at midnight, the lag goes away.

To be clear, I'm not taking away from your performance, though... I'm sure it was the same on your end.

I love having to unresolve games!

Ok three series have passed and there is alot of catching up to do. I'm thinking by the next resolve period if everyone isn't caught up with past series maybe we should just let those games stay Resolved. Three series is enough of a grace period.

Series 3:

Mets (The Frankman) vs. Cubs (Mrbob)
White Sox (S1lent) vs. Red Sox (Sanjuro Tsubaki)
Tigers (Square Triangle) vs. Giants (Corran Horn)
Blue Jays (sext0n) vs. Yankees (pistolpete2940)
Mariners (goldlion054) vs. Rockies (Fenix)
Angels (Dmncnby2k9) vs. Dodgers (FrenchMovieTheme)
Braves (AnEternalEnigma) vs. Cardinals (Shiv47)
Nationals (Kave_Man) vs. Brewers (eznark)
Rangers (DCX) vs. DiamondBacks (acheron_xl)
Padres (ecnaL) vs. Royals (Duane Cunningham)
Pirates (ajf009) vs. Marlins (dantehemi)
Rays (darkside31337) gets 3 Wins

Series 4 (what the League is up to):

Mets (The Frankman) vs. Pirates (ajf009)
Red Sox (Sanjuro Tsubaki) vs. Royals (Duane Cunningham)
Angels (Dmncnby2k9) vs. Giants (Corran Horn)
Tigers (Square Triangle) vs. Yankees (pistolpete2940)
Mariners (goldlion054) vs. Padres (ecnaL)
Nationals (Kave_Man) vs. Cardinals (Shiv47)
Cubs (Mrbob) vs. Brewers (eznark)
Braves (AnEternalEnigma) vs. Rockies (Fenix)
Rangers (DCX) vs. Dodgers (FrenchMovieTheme)
Marlins (dantehemi) vs. DiamondBacks (acheron_xl)
White Sox (S1lent) vs. Rays (darkside31337)
Blue Jays (sext0n) gets 3 Wins

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Whoo I'm back to .500 without even scoring a run yet :(

Sanjuro I'll be on the rest of the day, sent you a friend request about an hour ago

Mrbob

dantehemi you there? Haven't heard from you for days. I'd like to get our series in before moving on but I dunno if it's possible still?

DCX

DCX
I have been trying to get with the Pirates owner but he doesn't seem to be.around when we nail down a day to play. I finished the series with the Diamondbacks.

FMT may.be around to play tomorrow night.

DCX

I have been trying to get with the Pirates owner but he doesn't seem to be.around when we nail down a day to play. I finished the series with the Diamondbacks.

FMT may.be around to play tomorrow night.

DCX
weird. I see him online a lot. I'll give him a heads up.

EDIT: I PMed him 2 days ago and he's online now. PM him via PSN.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Aight sounds good.

Finally put some runs on the board!

Unfortunately I also struck out 23 times in 9 innings.

God I'm so terrible at this game. Oh well at least I'm not getting shellacked.

Sanjuro

Aight sounds good.

Finally put some runs on the board!

Unfortunately I also struck out 23 times in 9 innings.

God I'm so terrible at this game. Oh well at least I'm not getting shellacked.

You aren't too bad. You pick up on patterns fairly well, but your fielding needs a ton of work. Primarily from the first game.

Also, no throwing the ball to first from right!

Fenix

Good games, Fenix, but holy shit the lag. That attempted in park HR was nothing I asked for. I stopped advancing the runner en route to 2nd. In the 9th, there was a dropped strike three and I was jamming the stick toward first, but my catcher just sat there. And constantly my fielders were not moving in the outfield. Usually at midnight, the lag goes away.

To be clear, I'm not taking away from your performance, though... I'm sure it was the same on your end.
That lag was unreal. That DP you turned while my runners were advancing against my wishes was hilarious though. On that dropped 3rd strike I couldn't concentrate afterwards as I was laughing too hard trying to imagine what happened.

Top Bottom