• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 12: The Show Online League Thread or How Will PSN Die in 2012?

That lag was unreal. That DP you turned while my runners were advancing against my wishes was hilarious though. On that dropped 3rd strike I couldn't concentrate afterwards as I was laughing too hard trying to imagine what happened.

Oh my god. I was about to laugh, cry, break something or all of the above. :D

Oh, also, I work on Tuesday and Wednesday nights (hosting a pub trivia night) until 11:00 CT or so, but I'll pop on when I get home both nights to see if Ecnal (tonight) or Fenix (tomorrow) are on.

S1lent

Sanjuro (series 3) or darkside (series 4), if either one of you are around now I'm down for a game.

edit: Frank, FYI, series 3 has been auto resolved.

edit: Frank, FYI, series 3 has been auto resolved.
on it!

for new page

Series 3:

Mets (The Frankman) vs. Cubs (Mrbob)
White Sox (S1lent) vs. Red Sox (Sanjuro Tsubaki)
Tigers (Square Triangle) vs. Giants (Corran Horn)
Blue Jays (sext0n) vs. Yankees (pistolpete2940)
Mariners (goldlion054) vs. Rockies (Fenix)
Angels (Dmncnby2k9) vs. Dodgers (FrenchMovieTheme)
Braves (AnEternalEnigma) vs. Cardinals (Shiv47)
Nationals (Kave_Man) vs. Brewers (eznark)
Rangers (DCX) vs. DiamondBacks (acheron_xl)
Padres (ecnaL) vs. Royals (Duane Cunningham)
Pirates (ajf009) vs. Marlins (dantehemi)
Rays (darkside31337) gets 3 Wins

Series 4 (what the League is up to):

Mets (The Frankman) vs. Pirates (ajf009)
Red Sox (Sanjuro Tsubaki) vs. Royals (Duane Cunningham)
Angels (Dmncnby2k9) vs. Giants (Corran Horn)
Tigers (Square Triangle) vs. Yankees (pistolpete2940)
Mariners (goldlion054) vs. Padres (ecnaL)
Nationals (Kave_Man) vs. Cardinals (Shiv47)
Cubs (Mrbob) vs. Brewers (eznark)
Braves (AnEternalEnigma) vs. Rockies (Fenix)
Rangers (DCX) vs. Dodgers (FrenchMovieTheme)
Marlins (dantehemi) vs. DiamondBacks (acheron_xl)
White Sox (S1lent) vs. Rays (darkside31337)
Blue Jays (sext0n) gets 3 Wins

mrbob you want to play a few games now?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kave, 9 est tonight?

Sorry I'm an idiot, been away. If you're still around I'm good to go tonight.

edit: My nephew is bothering me to play xbox. Just gimme a shout in here if you wanna play in the next 1.5hrs otherwise we will bash this thing out tomorrow, my sleep schedule be damned.

Sanjuro

Good series. I felt kind of dirty with that dribbler, but forgot about the blown opportunities I had early in the game.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ha nothing to feel bad about, that was a fun series and on the bright side I didn't totally embarass myself like that 3 game series I had with ecnal. But I don't think I would have scored another run for another 9 innings. I could have sworn the ump said The Legend Sam Fuld was safe with A-Gonz falling off the bag but I guess he was out after all bummer.

I've been practicing a lot in practice mode the past couple days but I didn't know you couldn't use custom cameras in online play. That's really lame. Guess I'll get some more work in the cages till the next series.

ecnal

you got much more patient as the game progressed.

you got me rattled when i gave up that single to left, then walked the next guy, and went down 2-0 with the next batter.

fuck volquez and his BB/9 rating... i was trying to throw strikes, i swear!

you got much more patient as the game progressed.

you got me rattled when i gave up that single to left, then walked the next guy, and went down 2-0 with the next batter.

fuck volquez and his BB/9 rating... i was trying to throw strikes, i swear!

The slider you hit for a hr had me so puzzled. Then they showed me the pitch location..... I didn't throw it there -_-

ecnal

The slider you hit for a hr had me so puzzled. Then they showed me the pitch location..... I didn't throw it there -_-

welcome to mlb the show's pitching :/

throwing anything with break seems to have a chance to go wherever the fuck it wants.

Mrbob

Lol yeah, that was the longest game I played in MLB in a long time. Finally got a couple runs in the 16th inning to win 2 to 0. My offense suckkkkkkkkks so badly. It's gonna be a long year with that lineup.

16 innings

16 long innings

It was MLB 09 all over again when I was still green and MrBob was an expert. I blew chance after chance early in the game. Nearly allow a leadoff hit late after my controller starts DC'ing for some reason. Then the 13th rolls around:

Davis pinch hit for Francisco. Mateo pitching.
Davis grounded out to Castro (6-3).
Torres reached first on a throwing error by Stewart (E5). (the only damn Andres was getting on tonight)
Mateo balks, runners advance.
Murphy walked on a 3-2 pitch. Camp pitching.

My best right-handed contact guy batting in Justin Turner, 1st and 3rd and 1 out? I'm thinking I'm in the driver's seat. Turner works a 12-pitch AB...

Turner grounded into a double play (6-4-3 DP), ending the inning. Murphy out.

I was so pissed I smashed my left palm on the corner of a table (it's still killing me).

16th inning. I make the cardinal sin of walking a batter, which compounds the worse sin of using Manny Acosta. All I have is Ramon Ramirez and Miguel Batista, so I use Miguel for the first time. Of course he doesn't has the same motion (I've never pitched with him in the stretch) and he walks Blake DeWitt. BLAKE DEWITT? REALLY? Bases loaded, one out and God I'm wishing his sinker was in his arsenal like it should've been. Basehit to DeJesus, suicide squeeze after not paying attention to position, and that was just about it.

I don't say it often but gg MrBob. That was truly reminiscent of the old leagues.

ecnal

16 innings

16 long innings

It was MLB 09 all over again when I was still green and MrBob was an expert. I blew chance after chance early in the game. Nearly allow a leadoff hit late after my controller starts DC'ing for some reason. Then the 13th rolls around:

Davis pinch hit for Francisco. Mateo pitching.
Davis grounded out to Castro (6-3).
Torres reached first on a throwing error by Stewart (E5). (the only damn Andres was getting on tonight)
Mateo balks, runners advance.
Murphy walked on a 3-2 pitch. Camp pitching.

My best right-handed contact guy batting in Justin Turner, 1st and 3rd and 1 out? I'm thinking I'm in the driver's seat. Turner works a 12-pitch AB...

Turner grounded into a double play (6-4-3 DP), ending the inning. Murphy out.

I was so pissed I smashed my left palm on the corner of a table (it's still killing me).

16th inning. I make the cardinal sin of walking a batter, which compounds the worse sin of using Manny Acosta. All I have is Ramon Ramirez and Miguel Batista, so I use Miguel for the first time. Of course he doesn't has the same motion (I've never pitched with him in the stretch) and he walks Blake DeWitt. BLAKE DEWITT? REALLY? Bases loaded, one out and God I'm wishing his sinker was in his arsenal like it should've been. Basehit to DeJesus, suicide squeeze after not paying attention to position, and that was just about it.

I don't say it often but gg MrBob. That was truly reminiscent of the old leagues.

3EvtD.jpg

too soon?

eznark

Banned
Sorry I'm an idiot, been away. If you're still around I'm good to go tonight.

edit: My nephew is bothering me to play xbox. Just gimme a shout in here if you wanna play in the next 1.5hrs otherwise we will bash this thing out tomorrow, my sleep schedule be damned.

Sorry dude, I figured you were at the game or something again so I stopped checking the thread. We can go tonight starting at like 7 if you'd like.

Mrbob

Yeah that 13th inning was a killer. When Stewart threw the ball into the upper deck beyond first base I thought the game was over then and there. I tapped on the throw button, and it wasn't like he had to hurry the throw. The ball just launched way above the first baseman's head. I don't know what to do with Stewart, he seems good for at least one error a game. Guess I'll just have to fight through it! :/

I felt lucky to get the double play at the end of the inning too. It wasn't like the ball was hit that hard. It was more of medium chopper to Castro. Luckily the throw to first barely got there in time to keep the game alive! Crazy game, indeed! I have a feeling I'll be in these low scoring games all season long. If not that means I'm losing a lot of games by giving up runs, because I'm not going to be able to score many runs myself!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Sorry dude, I figured you were at the game or something again so I stopped checking the thread. We can go tonight starting at like 7 if you'd like.

Sounds good, 7pm my time or your's? Either way I'm good to get destroyed.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
This game is utter garbage. Just broken shit.

I have to agree, I went to slide into third and somehow my dude deciding to keep running.

Hell I was just happy to get a hit near the end of the game, I was sweating hard with that perfect game going on.

eznark

Banned
I have to agree, I went to slide into third and somehow my dude deciding to keep running.

Hell I was just happy to get a hit near the end of the game, I was sweating hard with that perfect game going on.

On my side, Lucroy caught the ball. Then all of a sudden it cuts to you running to third. I threw to third and tagged you (ump even signalled it!) out but your guy kept running and suddenly the game was over!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Do you mind resuming a bit later tonight like say 11pm? I got a few things that just came up. I don't mind staying up past 1am to finish off the series if need be.

Mrbob

I can start in 20 to 25 minutes.

Since we can't do trades, I think I'm gonna play Marlin Byrd this season. No reason keeping him on the bench.

Mrbob

Yup, you win some, you lose some!

David Wright clutch with a 2 out home run in the bottom 9th to tie the game, and then Wood gonna Wood in extra innings and choke the game away.

Maybe we can make it 3/3 for extra inning games when we play our last game!

ecnal

hello friends.

goldilion or duane -- preferable duane, since our series technically comes first and we haven't played a game yet

eznark

Banned
Uh, what is going on with the Diamondbacks? Why has Josh Collmenter played in 6 games and how does he have 4 wins if the team only has two wins?

Gg dude. I think that is the most patient I've ever been at the plate.

Frank give Encal the victory for the last game in out series. It died on us in the 9th and i was down 2. I'm 99% positive I wouldn't have made up the differential

And this game is fucking garbage. I hit an easy double and even had a fielding error to work with and still got thrown out at 2nd, while Encal hits a near identical ball and gets a triple out of it. Those balk call on Encal were ridiculous too. There should be no reason for me not to win a game where King Felix only gives up like 5 hits and 2 runs. This whole game just really frustrated me.

That said, good series Encal! I think I learned alot playing against you and hopefully some plate skills develop down the road

eznark

Banned
Game does all kinds of bizarre shit seemingly to "catch up" as a result of lag. The "fixes" they've implemented make this easily the worst online Show yet. Constant insane shit happening do absolutely no reason.

These guys are fuck awful online devs.

ecnal

Frank give Encal the victory for the last game in out series. It died on us in the 9th and i was down 2. I'm 99% positive I wouldn't have made up the differential

And this game is fucking garbage. I hit an easy double and even had a fielding error to work with and still got thrown out at 2nd, while Encal hits a near identical ball and gets a triple out of it. Those balk call on Encal were ridiculous too. There should be no reason for me not to win a game where King Felix only gives up like 5 hits and 2 runs. This whole game just really frustrated me.

That said, good series Encal! I think I learned alot playing against you and hopefully some plate skills develop down the road

good series, goldilion.

you pitched really well the entire series, and i was basically forced to capitalize on your mistakes -- which were few and far between.

Uh, what is going on with the Diamondbacks? Why has Josh Collmenter played in 6 games and how does he have 4 wins if the team only has two wins?

Gg dude. I think that is the most patient I've ever been at the plate.

That's odd. I've only had one awesome start with Collmenter. Probably something to do with some of the games I played against Dmncnby2k9 being erased then reentered.

Top Bottom