• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 13: The Show Online League Thread

I mentioned this in the MLBGAF thread:

I have a One year PS+ code from work, I'm set for two years already so I was thinking of using it as a prize for the next league.

Obviously the league would need to be more in-depth and have people more committed to play games.

rinse82

Despite the hit or miss lag, I've actually enjoyed the 2 games I've played so far.

Nice change of pace from Madden.

Mrbob

I can't play today.

Been a crazy week but there is light at the end of the tunnel. I should be able to get in some games starting tomorrow night.

Sanjuro

Cool. I assigned the roles for the league. Anyone can reset a game and invite a player to the league. FMT, Zep, eznark, and bob can drop a user, resolve games, and advance the series.

Don't think any of that should be an issue. Just take your losses, this is just a fun league. Don't want to see games reset due to "bullshit" or "this game is trash".

McNei1y

McNeily, when are you able to play?

Also, Storybook and turnbuckle. Get your games in.

I might be able to play in a bit. My brother is playing Xbox currently. I'll see if he is going to get off anytime soon.

Also, Pheenix and Turnbuckle, we also play.

Cool. I assigned the roles for the league. Anyone can reset a game and invite a player to the league. FMT, Zep, eznark, and bob can drop a user, resolve games, and advance the series.

Don't think any of that should be an issue. Just take your losses, this is just a fun league. Don't want to see games reset due to "bullshit" or "this game is trash".

I think it's really hard to "cheese" in a baseball game

The only thing I can think of that's annoying is bunting with 2 strikes, but I know that's an accident sometimes.

I also know it's generally frowned upon if all you do is throw balls but to me that's something the hitter should take advantage of. And there a lot of times where I have strings of nothing but balls but that's usually cause I fucked up my meter timing.

The only thing I can think of that's annoying is bunting with 2 strikes, but I know that's an accident sometimes.

I also know it's generally frowned upon if all you do is throw balls but to me that's something the hitter should take advantage of. And there a lot of times where I have strings of nothing but balls but that's usually cause I fucked up my meter timing.

Bunting on 2 strikes is incredibly risky. Throwing all balls is fine with me ill take the walks but sometimes I put a pitch in the strike zone but then the ball goes way outside. Not sure why :(

rinse82

In terms of balls and strikes, I think it's all fair game. I've drawn a lot of walks through 2 games by being patient, and then made the opposition pay when they were forced to throw strikes in those situations.

Bunting on 2 strikes is incredibly risky. Throwing all balls is fine with me ill take the walks but sometimes I put a pitch in the strike zone but then the ball goes way outside. Not sure why :(

I think that might have to do with your pitcher's control ratings combined with clutch, not sure

seems to change depending on the situation

Zep

Banned

People who continually throw balls in the dirt are the only assholes. I have no problem with anyone who is trying to work all corners of the strike zone and is missing. If you can master that, then more power to you but its give & take some games which makes it fun(and stressful)

Now Im only talking about the game as a whole. If you're down 1-2, 0-2 continuously...then that's your problem.

In terms of balls and strikes, I think it's all fair game. I've drawn a lot of walks through 2 games by being patient, and then made the opposition pay when they were forced to throw strikes in those situations.

Just got in. Should be available for some games tonight, probably around 10 EST or so. I might be able to go earlier but we'll see.

Just finished a 5 hour drive so I'm not doing anything right now but maybe checking out the Simcity patch to see if they actually fixed things or broke it even more.

EDIT: Eh, still doing maintenance....any of my opponents around?

Just got in. Should be available for some games tonight, probably around 10 EST or so. I might be able to go earlier but we'll see.

Just finished a 5 hour drive so I'm not doing anything right now but maybe checking out the Simcity patch to see if they actually fixed things or broke it even more.

EDIT: Eh, still doing maintenance....any of my opponents around?
Still available?

Mrbob

Is there any easy way to see who the teams are? When I check the schedule I see the opponents team but not a name.

I'll be free after about 9PM central tomorrow night. Hopefully I can knock some games out. If I'm holding anything up give me a sim loss.

Edit: My first five games are Arizona, Atlanta, Cincy, San Fran, Toronto.

Let me know if you can play tomorrow night.

Good game storybook, game started bugging out in the end. Dropped third strike didnt let me throw to first n wild pitch didnt give me control of catcher.

Good game storybook, game started bugging out in the end. Dropped third strike didnt let me throw to first n wild pitch didnt give me control of catcher.

Almost makes up for J-Hey dropping an easy fly and Freeman running towards second when I pushed the first base button.

Gg.

ecnal

Is there any easy way to see who the teams are? When I check the schedule I see the opponents team but not a name.

I'll be free after about 9PM central tomorrow night. Hopefully I can knock some games out. If I'm holding anything up give me a sim loss.

i can go tomorrow night -- padres.

I should be around tomorrow night.

Zep

Banned

exactly why I made the list on the first page...

Turnbuckle, I can play. Going on now.

turnbuckle

for some reason my screen is really zoomed in, didn't change any settings but a good portion of my screen is missing lol

turnbuckle

great game with zep. he was able to overcome papelbons blown save and finish me off in the ninth. great game, not even a hint of lag

Zep

Banned
Damn TB, that was nerve racking and great at the same time lol. I was really surprised how well Kendrick pitches were hitting corners...that really helped me out against that lineup.

And the reason I went back to the starter screen and highlighted Hamels was because I had no issue with you picking Verlander. It happens you know, so you don't need to "match-up".

turnbuckle

Damn TB, that was nerve racking and great at the same time lol. I was really surprised how well Kendrick pitches were hitting corners...that really helped me out against that lineup.

The only reason I went back to the starter screen and highlighted Hamels was because I had no issue with you picking Verlander. It happens you know, so you don't need to "match-up".

I decided before the game that I didn't really want to throw verlander at you two games in a row and thought my lefty would do well against that lineup. the turning point for me in the game was when you had like a twelve pitch at bat. I think that battle exhausted me more than my pitcher lol. that was tense and a ton of fun. I'm crashing now but if any of my opponents think they can play me tomorrow evening between 8pm and 10pm est send me a pm or message me at my Google addy

Zep

Banned
I decided before the game that I didn't really want to throw verlander at you two games in a row and thought my lefty would do well against that lineup. the turning point for me in the game was when you had like a twelve pitch at bat. I think that battle exhausted me more than my pitcher lol. that was tense and a ton of fun. I'm crashing now but if any of my opponents think they can play me tomorrow evening between 8pm and 10pm est send me a pm or message me at my Google addy

Good to see Utley translate well into videogames. I started to like my chances once Valverde came in and I picked up his delivery :D

Zep

Banned
Sanjuro, you OK with using a 4-man rotation? With it being a 14-game season I'm seeing no issue with it.

Top Bottom