• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 13: The Show Online League Thread

eznark

Banned
Lol. Tailor made double play, ARam decides to not throw. I'm down 3-0. Game is trash.

Also have no idea why it keeps making me try to bunt when I swing with two strikes on me. Insane shit

Hahah. Three batters in a row when I try to swing all I do is bunt.

eznark

Banned
Lol 9 strikeouts just on guys who refused to swing and instead put down a hyper late bunt. Awesome!

Gg rinse. ARam needs to learn how to throw the ball more and make bizarre bunt attempts less.

rinse82

Lol 9 strikeouts just on guys who refused to swing and instead put down a hyper late bunt. Awesome!

Gg rinse. ARam needs to learn how to throw the ball more and make bizarre bunt attempts less.

GG I was wondering why you kept bunting with 2 strikes lol

eznark

Banned
I changed all of my interface options from analog to buttons. Hopefully that fixes some of that bullshit. I was really hoping you'd score one more run just to make it legit.

DMNCN or JROD want a game?

rinse82

Hey story can you play tonight?

Your the last game on my sched

I like how the league page doesn't include a pitcher on the ERA leader board if they haven't surrendered a run.

eznark

Banned
I expect you to start mashing now that you've switched from analog (lol bunting) to button hitting.

I actually just moved the bunt to classic, so it's on triangle instead of forward push. We'll see if that helps anything. I really don't want to go back to old ass button mashing for hitting but it may be inevitable due to lag.

turnbuckle

I actually just moved the bunt to classic, so it's on triangle instead of forward push. We'll see if that helps anything. I really don't want to go back to old ass button mashing for hitting but it may be inevitable due to lag.

You're having lag issues? This year, despite all the other problems with the game, has been the least laggy version yet for me. Probably a result of more people getting better connections over time. The game Zep and I had was pretty close to perfect.

rinse82

You're having lag issues? This year, despite all the other problems with the game, has been the least laggy version yet for me. Probably a result of more people getting better connections over time. The game Zep and I had was pretty close to perfect.

My 2 games before last night's were perfect.

Eznark and I were in lag hell yesterday.

turnbuckle

I am going to the Nationals game tonight. I don't think I'll be able to play at all tonight.

Nice! Enjoy the game man. I remember getting stuck with the Nats in the 2010 version Gaf League, pre Strasburg and with some glitch where I lost Ryan Zimmerman. Adam Dunn was knocking everything out of the park for me though. :p

I'll be available around the same times tomorrow and Thursday as well.

eznark

Banned

Well, I am assuming the issues I am having are with lag and not just bugs. Maybe I'm being too generous to Sony. ARam not throwing the ball was obviously some bizarre bug but the constant bunt attempts when I was trying to swing could definitely have been latency issues.

turnbuckle

Well, I am assuming the issues I am having are with lag and not just bugs. Maybe I'm being too generous to Sony. ARam not throwing the ball was obviously some bizarre bug but the constant bunt attempts when I was trying to swing could definitely have been latency issues.

That's why I go with Zone, Button, Meter. Pure Analog is easier to hit with than zone, but I'm a creature of habit. I think bunting in this game in general is shit though. 99% of the time you won't be able to pull a bunt back to get a ball, but in real life that happens more often than not. The animation on it is just too slow or something.

eznark

Banned
That's why I go with Zone, Button, Meter. Pure Analog is easier to hit with than zone, but I'm a creature of habit. I think bunting in this game in general is shit though. 99% of the time you won't be able to pull a bunt back to get a ball, but in real life that happens more often than not. The animation on it is just too slow or something.

You can say that about every single action in the game the last two years.

turnbuckle

You can say that about every single action in the game the last two years.
yeah, every year they add new animations and new ways to screw up routine plays. players frequently lack a sense of urgency. online cheese players routinely score from second on bunts.

Mrbob

I"m home and am actually free to play some games. Any MLB bros around to get an easy win against me?

Edit: Storybrook, acheron xl, and goldie are my first three opponents.

Mrbob

LOL, lost the game in typical cub fashion.

Up 4 to 2 bottom 9th, two outs. 2 strikes on the batter. Miss on a curve and hit the batter. Next guy up 2 run homer to tie the game.

Bottom 10th and my bullpen blows it. But that ending was kind of lame. Bases loaded BUNT with two outs to win the game smh animations. I don't think we should be bunting guys in like that. I can see bunting to move runners, but with the bases loaded? C'mon.

LOL, lost the game in typical cub fashion.

Up 4 to 2 bottom 9th, two outs. 2 strikes on the batter. Miss on a curve and hit the batter. Next guy up 2 run homer to tie the game.

Bottom 10th and my bullpen blows it. But that ending was kind of lame. Bases loaded BUNT with two outs to win the game smh animations. I don't think we should be bunting guys in like that.

Eh, it was Freeman and I was trying the suicide squeeze, pulled the left trigger so I have no idea why Upton didn't take off immediately from third.

eznark

Banned
Bases loaded BUNT with two outs to win the game
Wow that is some serious horseshit unless the guy you were playing never played a Show game before.

Eh, it was Freeman and I was trying the suicide squeeze, pulled the left trigger so I have no idea why Upton didn't take off immediately from third.

Suicide squeeze with two outs?

Wow that is some serious horseshit unless the guy you were playing never played a Show game before.

Suicide squeeze with two outs?

It was just a do or die thing. My best chance of winning in that inning. Was also supposed to be a running bunt but lag being lag... :(

I won't do it again, felt bad afterwards especially since it was slow ass Freeman. I honestly was more hoping for confusion from Upton running and him throwing to home more than anything. Hoping Upton leaving early would beat a throw, otherwise Freeman is out at first, game continues.

Although since it was against quick pitching, kind of made me feel better.

eznark

Banned
Pretty sure you could win every game by just bunting and never even trying to swing. It's been broken for five years. If it were up to me I'd ban it altogether outside of pitchers.

Yes it's your best chance to win. Bunting in the show is always the best chance to win.

Mrbob

You definitely caught me by surprise. I never would have suspected a two out bases loaded bunt. I'm not demanding a win or saying I should have won, but with the slow animations do you see how that play looks a bit cheesy? Slight tarnish on what was turning into an epic game.

You definitely caught me by surprise. I never would have suspected a two out bases loaded bunt. I'm not demanding a win or saying I should have won, but with the slow animations do you see how that play looks a bit cheesy? Slight tarnish on what was turning into an epic game.

Like I said, felt bad afterwards. I wouldn't do it again, spur of the moment decision on my part. My bad.

In a real life situation, I'd either be brilliant or foolish (99.9% of the time, this).

Sanjuro

Pretty sure you could win every game by just bunting and never even trying to swing. It's been broken for five years. If it were up to me I'd ban it altogether outside of pitchers.

Yes it's your best chance to win. Bunting in the show is always the best chance to win.

You have about a 80% chance to score a 2-RBI bunt in this game. It's silly.

...that's me being generous.

Top Bottom