• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 13: The Show Online League Thread

The game's animations sometimes get so slow, I remember people would quick steal from first and be halfway to third by the time my second baseman was able to start throwing the ball.

If someone does this shit (usually while bunting with a middle-of-the-order guy) I just quit then and there and block the guy. I have no time for people who do that shit. That's why I have 10 quits to my record.

Sanjuro

Sanjuro, unlock a few more games!

...you didn't talk to Zep!?

Remember, some of you guys can advance the series if I'm not around. Right now it looks like,

Yankees vs. Giants

Tigers vs. Angels

Are the remaining games. Try and get in touch with FMT, not sure if he is away or not. Once those two games are completed, series can advance one.

Zep

Banned
I wish they were all unlocked and you could play any of them whenever. Don't really get the rationale for rationing them out.

Because it never works. Having 4 set opponents keeps it nice a neat without overwhelming a person. And makes it easier to set deadlines for games.

I think FMT comes back from vacation today or tomorrow.

Sanjuro

I wish they were all unlocked and you could play any of them whenever. Don't really get the rationale for rationing them out.

I personally wish I did an extra series for flex, but having a ton of them open would be disastrous. Have to treat it like Indiana Jones running from the boulder.

rinse82

Because it never works. Having 4 set opponents keeps it nice a neat without overwhelming a person. And makes it easier to set deadlines for games.

I think FMT comes back from vacation today or tomorrow.

Ya 4 sets of opponents is good, but now we're at 1 game increments

im back brothers! i only have 2 games left:

vs. pheeniks
vs. yankees guy

i'm here for the next hour or two and could play, otherwise maybe later tonight

Goddamn Yankees. Couldn't even pull a W for Pettitte :|

Good game, FMT.

gg broham. petite had me off balance with all those off speed pitches i just couldn't get comfortable but i had the lucky inning with 3 runs and the dropped 3rd out allowed the 3rd run to score.

also on some of those balls that were WAY out there i wasn't trying to throw that bad. i don't know what dictates that happening because my confidence was still reasonably high!

Kccitystar

gg broham. petite had me off balance with all those off speed pitches i just couldn't get comfortable but i had the lucky inning with 3 runs and the dropped 3rd out allowed the 3rd run to score.

also on some of those balls that were WAY out there i wasn't trying to throw that bad. i don't know what dictates that happening because my confidence was still reasonably high!

No worries. Baseball's all about patience and hitting a really good pitch, and I can't be mad if my opponent takes advantage of my eagerness to deposit one ;)

Unfortunately I have stretches of at bats where I'm not patient, but I did get Zito up to about 40+ pitches by the third inning....and then that was that.

turnbuckle

square is banned and I can't add him to friends list.

sent him a message, if we can't get our game in today I'm cool simming. don't want to hold others up, but wish we could play more than 4 games on schedule. plenty of times others were on to play but not in my available schedule and it happens the other way around too

eznark

Banned
Lol did he make another proclamation based on GameStop insider info??

ST hit me up on aim: bpqb7 or steam: eznark

Lets try to play tonight.

Mrbob

Marmooooooooooooool! Looool, hangs a slider over the middle of the plate and crushed for a home run. I lose another one run game, cursed.

turnbuckle

had enough of this game for the day, I'll be back around 7-8pm est but mad men and game of thrones take precedence if it gets too late

also are we supposed to have 4 or 5 man rotations? i went with 5 man in my first 5 games but then i see zeps #1 has 2 starts and he's only played 5 games too!

Sanjuro

You can have either. I might be around late, otherwise around tomorrow.

But yeah, you, zip, eznark, maybe someone else can advance series.

turnbuckle

This may be a dumb question but is there a way to check/send/receive PSN messages from PC or Android phone? I'd like to be in contact with square in case he messages me but hate being tethered to my console to find out.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=55964576&postcount=12256

I already said my piece in MLB-GAF but apparently you're still very mistaken.
League starts. Sent invite. Zero Frankman posts afterward. *shrugs*
League starts. I received no invite. You posted that a new round of invites were sent to everyone. Still received no invites. Got the hint and decided to sit the 1st one out after you said there were too many people.

EDIT: There was no need for me to follow the thread since I'm not in the league now, but I plan to be back and run shit for the 2nd.

Sanjuro

You mentioned you got the hint of not being wanted. That's the emotion of a kid being picked last on the kickball team.

This game is trash. I left my console on for three days relaying lost invites. You can only send one, won't let you send more than that. I have no idea what action or point they vanish, all I can do is send another one out once noted. Again, most importantly, the three day duration of needing people to respond directly.

and I did. You never contacted me outside of this thread. Nothing on MLB-GAF, where we both post like every day. Nothing on PM. Nothing on PSN. As you know from previous years, not everyone sees this thread all the time.

You didn't think a guy who's played in the league since '09 wouldn't respond to an invite he got? That's the emotion of someone who didn't give a fuck. You're supposed to go the extra mile there, and on two occasions I got no invite and you didn't give a fuck.

Sanjuro

and I did. You never contacted me outside of this thread. Nothing on MLB-GAF, where we both post like every day. Nothing on PM. Nothing on PSN. As you know from previous years, not everyone sees this thread all the time.

You didn't think a guy who's played in the league since '09 wouldn't respond to an invite he got? That's the emotion of someone who didn't give a fuck. You're supposed to go the extra mile there, and on two occasions I got no invite and you didn't give a fuck.

You already mentioned IRC today, you absolutely know how to get in touch with me. I do think someone who's played for that long wouldn't, because you've done it before.

You already mentioned IRC today, you absolutely know how to get in touch with me. I do think someone who's played for that long wouldn't, because you've done it before.
Oh come on, you're the guy in charge. You said you already sent the invites twice. Unless you don't know how to send them (which you clearly do know) what the hell am I supposed to think? And like I said, you already said you were looking to pair down the league. Also when was I last time you saw me on IRC? I don't post on IRC unless I'm banned... I posted in the MLB thread about the invite situation, got nothing. Didn't get a reply in that thread either.

It's funny, I didn't say shit because I didn't want it to be an issue. Let some more new blood in so maybe we can get a bigger stable of players. Now you make up some shit how I "abandoned" the league and here we are!
ooh some nice madden league jr. drama going on!
More like MLB League drama. I'm waiting for the jilted lover to show up or the surprise relative to take the inheritance.

turnbuckle

I didn't realize frankman wasn't in the league. sounds like passive aggressive behavior because we didn't take his cool, yet too complex for a fledgling league, settings. sanjuro has been active in this thread and everyone else seemed to know what was going on. sucks, but you could be a reserve and not burn bridges by being a child shitting up a thread. the league start and restart all occurred right in the middle of the marathon bombing shit and I doubt sanjuro had much of a thought about any individuals needing special attention in the league.

I didn't realize frankman wasn't in the league. sounds like passive aggressive behavior because we didn't take his cool, yet too complex for a fledgling league, settings. sanjuro has been active in this thread and everyone else seemed to know what was going on. sucks, but you could be a reserve and not burn bridges by being a child shitting up a thread. the league start and restart all occurred right in the middle of the marathon bombing shit and I doubt sanjuro had much of a thought about any individuals needing special attention in the league.
a) I don't like people saying shit that didn't happen about me in other threads. I'm not in the league? It's not an issue. Don't make up some shit that "I sent him invites and he said fuck off" in other threads. Simple as that.
b) Tell me how you really feel.

really, I want to know...

seriously, hilarious.

Top Bottom