• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 13: The Show Online League Thread

Sanjuro

I never said I sent you an invite twice, I said it's impossible until the first one is lost. Likely to do with the slot position on the user screen.

The Thanks Frankman has to do with the silly custom rosters that nerfed the first league. I've never liked them in the first place, just used to please people.

Less talk about a dude who's not even in this league, more vancing of series so I can play some games.
I agree completely!
I feel nothing. unless you can't spot an obvious and harmless joke. being a Mets fan you shouldn't have much difficulty in doing so
Harvey > Verlander.
I never said I sent you an invite twice, I said it's impossible until the first one is lost. Likely to do with the slot position on the user screen.

The Thanks Frankman has to do with the silly custom rosters that nerfed the first league. I've never liked them in the first place, just used to please people.
Really, which one? Just backtracking the thread, I didn't see anyone mention which roster you were using. You might've DL'ed a fake OSFM custom roster, there are over 20 of them currently. Guys like to do their own team and as a joke eff up other teams' roster. Then there are the revisions, the 25-man versions, 40-man versions/etc. There was an issue I read on the forums where some of the rosters would mess up after Spring training, but I think it doesn't affect League play.

eznark

Banned
I thought you were in it too Frankman. Oh well, this is going at a fast clip. Next one should start in a couple weeks hopefully.

turnbuckle

I thought you were in it too Frankman. Oh well, this is going at a fast clip. Next one should start in a couple weeks hopefully.
yup, kidding aside it's too bad a good and reliable player wasn't able to get in the league. this one is going quick ( says the guy who only has played two games so far, *sigh*)

---
kc just sent ya a challenge, not sure if you're available or not. if we can get our game started in next 10-15 minutes I can play.

rinse if i can figure out how to "advance series" do you want to play? you are my 7th game and im already done with 5.

and back to advancing, it gives me the option to advance series but says auto resolve any games that would block advancement, which im assuming is bad. how can i get more of my games to open then without simming others?

turnbuckle

something doesn't seem right in this game against kc; infield grounders are causing my camera to do some weird stuff I've never seen, almost reminds me of the camera behavior when playing the field in rtts, but zoomed out

Zep

Banned
something doesn't seem right in this game against kc; infield grounders are causing my camera to do some weird stuff I've never seen, almost reminds me of the camera behavior when playing the field in rtts, but zoomed out

KC probably put in the cheat code before the game. Sanjuro tried the same thing but I still won.

Kccitystar

Andy dirks injured now omg

You know, this whole time I was like, man I wonder what roster adjustments he's had to make given the amount of time counting down from pausing the game....

Little did I know both Miggy and Dirks got hurt in the same game.

Wow.

Great game though man, and I'm sorry for doing the fake bunt thing. I hit with zone/analog in this game, so moving up on the analog will do that instead of the swing animation. I hit with Zone most of the time, no analog.

Which reminds me, SCEA better blow their whole budget on this game by reworking the netcode next year. I just think it's ridiculous that the online code could be piss poor on a game that simulates a sport where timing is essential.

turnbuckle

You know, this whole time I was like, man I wonder what roster adjustments he's had to make given the amount of time counting down from pausing the game....

Little did I know both Miggy and Dirks got hurt in the same game.

Wow.

Great game though man, and I'm sorry for doing the fake bunt thing. I hit with zone/analog in this game, so moving up on the analog will do that instead of the swing animation. I hit with Zone most of the time, no analog.

Which reminds me, SCEA better blow their whole budget on this game by reworking the netcode next year. I just think it's ridiculous that the online code could be piss poor on a game that simulates a sport where timing is essential.

that was a good, tense game and you pitched be extremely well. I didn't detect any network lag at all, but I really despise the lack of urgency in animations.

that was a good, tense game and you pitched be extremely well. I didn't detect any network lag at all, but I really despise the lack of urgency in animations.

the worst is the fucking catcher on a dropped 3rd strike and you push the meter and he's just sloooooooowly moving and then throwing. against 80% of the runners this isn't really an issue but i've had lead off guys get on base because of it. also annoying is when you're trying to turn a double play and your guys are doing everything so slow

turnbuckle

So, whats the word with the Tigers vs. Angelols?

square never responded to my psn message. I'd sim it, too much of a hassle trying to get the game in and I'd like to move on and not hold things to. playing is a lot more fun than waiting around

rinse82

rinse if i can figure out how to "advance series" do you want to play? you are my 7th game and im already done with 5.

and back to advancing, it gives me the option to advance series but says auto resolve any games that would block advancement, which im assuming is bad. how can i get more of my games to open then without simming others?

Pretty sure it only advances 1 series at a time so you and I would have to wait. I think.

eznark

Banned
square never responded to my psn message. I'd sim it, too much of a hassle trying to get the game in and I'd like to move on and not hold things to. playing is a lot more fun than waiting around

He responded to me that he could play today before 2 pm. Maybe hop on and check? I'll be out of the house all day today so I won't be playing then.

turnbuckle

He responded to me that he could play today before 2 pm. Maybe hop on and check? I'll be out of the house all day today so I won't be playing then.

Same here, won't be home at all until late tonight. I'll be able to play games tomorrow from 8pm-11pm; same for Wednesday and Thursday. If that game is holding advancement for everyone else it really should just be simmed. I want to get through this season asap and start another one.

Basically my week days have me getting up at 5-5:30 am and I don't normally get home until 6pm at the earliest when the weather is nice outside. If I can know for sure I'll be getting a game in at an earlier time (like 3:30pm or later) I can alter my work schedule. That's why I was hoping there was a way to access PSN from my computer or phone.

Sanjuro

Series advanced. Like I said before for other people who can advance, even if all the games have been played it will always ask for a auto-resolve. I usually just sim or resolve prior to advancing.

turnbuckle

1-3 start. Not sure how long Cabrera and Dirks are out for. Fate of the team may be resting on Papa Grande's shoulders.

Maybe I have some gritty guy laying low in the minors I can call up. Looking for a good clubhouse guy with intangibles that just knows how to win.

turnbuckle

What series can we play up to at this point? My third series is with McNeily, my 6th series is with Pheeniks. My 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th series games have been taken care of. Not sure if Pheeniks and I have the ability to play our game yet or not.

ecnal

i have to play bob (series 4) and dmncnby2k8 (current series).

i'll be around later this evening (PDT).

let me know!

McNei1y

gg man. That was a close game. I felt so defeated on that Montero AB. It stung even more when Bryce hit the top of the wall and Ramos had that gapper snagged. That was real fun!

Top Bottom