• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 13: The Show Online League Thread

turnbuckle

reset the game so I can do it again. I've got more beer too drunk and make my own work schedule. I'll spare you the Seinfeld gifs when my drunken hubris gets the best of me and you club the tigers for 29 runs. you pick the park do long as it isn't Tropicana.

or, better yet, save it for next season. I'm still sitting near the basement this one

Sanjuro

reset the game so I can do it again. I've got more beer too drunk and make my own work schedule. I'll spare you the Seinfeld gifs when my drunken hubris gets the best of me and you club the tigers for 29 runs. you pick the park do long as it isn't Tropicana.

or, better yet, save it for next season. I'm still sitting near the basement this one

Oh, you are one of "those" kind of drunks!

eznark

Banned
20130228136201998132529.gif

Sanjuro

All we really have is encal vs. McNeily for series 8.

All the rest of the games have been resolved or played. That should bring us up to Series 9 quickly.

well my next 2 opponents are the reds (gone) and then the padres

perhaps we can play if this bitch moves on!

I got the Cubs soon too. One of us has to win!

THIS league may be dead but version 2.0 should be better once we get it sorted out who is a regular player and who isn't.

I'd be totally okay with an 8-10 player league.

turnbuckle

I'm down for a few games tonight between 8pm and 10:30pm EST. If the weather gets bad I might be available earlier than that. I won't be on my PS3 other than to play a league game though and I'm not always here to check the thread, so if an opponent wants to get a game in tonight and they don't want to wait around for me at their console either send me a text and I'll respond asap.

The biggest thing that kills leagues is people having to wait around or wonder if and when they'll be able to get a game in. I'm sure other people have wanted to play a game but didn't bother hopping on the PS3 or in the game because they felt like it was unlikely an opponent would be able to play and waiting for nothing isn't too fun. Just creates a chain reaction where people get discouraged, things move slower and slower, and members start to quit.

An 8-12 player league with a couple matchups for each opponent could be cool. I've enjoyed every game I've played in this league and previous GAF leagues, it's a shame interest seems to wane pretty quickly.

Me
Zep
Ecnal
Turnbuckle
Sanj
FMT
Eznark
KCCity
Rinse

There's 9 who have posted since the beginning of the week

I'm sure the others involved would play more, it seems like we often post in here and say "you around?" and nothing happens. Maybe we need to do PMs more often? Either way I think there should be more involvement

and I'm convinced McNeily would play more if he commit more to this instead of Dota!

Me
Zep
Ecnal
Turnbuckle
Sanj
FMT
Eznark
KCCity
Rinse

I'm sure the others involved would play more, it seems like we often post in here and say "you around?" and nothing happens. Maybe we need to do PMs more often? Either way I think there should be more involvement

and I'm convinced McNeily would play more if he commit more to this instead of Dota!
pretty sure I posted a few days ago.

Me
Zep
Ecnal
Turnbuckle
Sanj
FMT
Eznark
KCCity
Rinse

I do thread, pm and aim if applicable!

ecnal

i didn't want volquez to pitch, but i figured someone who threw hard would work better against your lineup.

then i quickly remembered that hitting your spots on the meter with volquez means nothing.

that, and the fact that every hard ball i hit was an out in the infield, quickly put that game out of reach.

Zep

Banned
By the time you started waiting me out...I found my meter timing with Kendrick. I know you saw how brutal I was at placing pitches in the first few innings. You probably could have scored a run just putting down the controller.

Now I lose Adams for a few games ;( His stamina is in the shitter.

McNei1y

I'm around. Bob killed my vibe for those two weeks though. I've forgotten who I've had to play and I hadn't heard any PM's indicating that I play anyone. Whoever I play, let me know when you want to go. I can knock that some bitch out...

except for this weekend. I'm gone Friday through Sunday.

ecnal

I'm around. Bob killed my vibe for those two weeks though. I've forgotten who I've had to play and I hadn't heard any PM's indicating that I play anyone. Whoever I play, let me know when you want to go. I can knock that some bitch out...

leggo!

McNei1y

gg ec. That laggy pitching every now and then was killing me. I couldn't even field the ball correctly! You had it, though. Every hit you had was "solid/good" or at least one or the other. I couldn't stand the first few innings where I made solid contact but it went to every fielder. I got to aggressive in the later innings. Oh well.

Bob and Rinse, I play you guys next.

Mrbob

How many games ahead can we play?

Lol I tried to play you a couple times and you told me you were playing DOTA instead. Don't blame me!

McNei1y

Lol I tried to play you a couple times and you told me you were playing DOTA instead. Don't blame me!

Because I planned to play DOTA earlier in the day. If you had messaged me earlier that day about a reasonable time or at least warned me that you were free that night, then I would've played. Instead, you messaged me as I was on DOTA saying "Let's play". Other than that moment, you were unavailable for about two weeks prior to that and since then, I still haven't seen a PM trying to schedule a game. Sure, I could've done the same, but I continued to make DOTA commitments. I also know we have time to play our game since we won't be advanced until next deadline.

That said, I would like to play tonight but I'm playing DOTA in a bit when eznark is done. I'd be willing to play later tonight or all day tomorrow. I may also be available all day Friday until 4p.m.ish EST

eznark

Banned
Strike out FMT 17 times, lose 2-0 on a two run homer. I feel like the Mariners.

Angel Pagan has a turbo boost which seems like cheating to me.

Strike out FMT 17 times, lose 2-0 on a two run homer. I feel like the Mariners.

Angel Pagan has a turbo boost which seems like cheating to me.

that was a brutal batting performance. your off speed pitches were really causing me problems :(

and i had a fucking no hitter with only 5 outs remaining and you got that piece of shit hit up the middle. if only my pitcher just bent down and got it!

Considering the plays your third basemen and Pagan made, you have no right to complain!

and my regular 3rd baseman got injured. then the next play your pitcher hit the ball to my new 3rd baseman (who is actually a 2B but i have no backup 3B's i guess) and he made an incredible jumping throw to 1st to get your pitcher out.

the giants are much like the niners: auto team!

turnbuckle

Because I planned to play DOTA earlier in the day. If you had messaged me earlier that day about a reasonable time or at least warned me that you were free that night, then I would've played. Instead, you messaged me as I was on DOTA saying "Let's play". Other than that moment, you were unavailable for about two weeks prior to that and since then, I still haven't seen a PM trying to schedule a game. Sure, I could've done the same, but I continued to make DOTA commitments. I also know we have time to play our game since we won't be advanced until next deadline.

That said, I would like to play tonight but I'm playing DOTA in a bit when eznark is done. I'd be willing to play later tonight or all day tomorrow. I may also be available all day Friday until 4p.m.ish EST

You're calling out a specific member who you acknowledge got ahold of you multiple times but it wasn't reasonable while you admitted you didn't get ahold of him at all because of DOTA? We all have our own things going on, but it sounds like Bob took more effort to get the game in than you yet you lay the blame on him. Perhaps there's no real blame on either end, just a lot of unfortunate timing. Maybe I'm missing something here though.

McNei1y

You're calling out a specific member who you acknowledge got ahold of you multiple times but it wasn't reasonable while you admitted you didn't get ahold of him at all because of DOTA? We all have our own things going on, but it sounds like Bob took more effort to get the game in than you yet you lay the blame on him. Perhaps there's no real blame on either end, just a lot of unfortunate timing. Maybe I'm missing something here though.

Continuously asking me to play in the same minute is multiple times? I guess it's reasonable just because he was free at that one moment and I wasn't? Okay. As for the DOTA. Yeah. I scheduled to play games in DOTA. The same way I'd schedule to play a game in MLB and get it out of the way first.

And I've posted in here during those two weeks looking to play my games but I haven't heard from anyone. I'm pretty sure you're missing something.

Edit: Whoops, meant to have this in here. It's pretty much fault on both ends. I just wasn't going to stand here and have this labeled as entirely my fault.

turnbuckle don't be fooled by bob. I think all of us have at one point experienced the "what the hell bob, that's not what happened!" moment

Top Bottom