• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 13: The Show Online League Thread

Whoever I got next, should be able to play tonite. Finishing up my last paper as an undergrad as we speak!!! I'm guessing around 9 pm EST

McNei1y

gg bob. Good pitching. It seemed like more than half of the balls I made contact on were shitty pop ups. I have never seen that wild pitch animation, though, when Rizzo scored from third. The ball went halfway down the third baseline.

Rinse, I sent you a pm.

turnbuckle

Continuously asking me to play in the same minute is multiple times? I guess it's reasonable just because he was free at that one moment and I wasn't? Okay. As for the DOTA. Yeah. I scheduled to play games in DOTA. The same way I'd schedule to play a game in MLB and get it out of the way first.

And I've posted in here during those two weeks looking to play my games but I haven't heard from anyone. I'm pretty sure you're missing something.

Edit: Whoops, meant to have this in here. It's pretty much fault on both ends. I just wasn't going to stand here and have this labeled as entirely my fault.

What? I wasn't blaming anybody but Bob. I was just bringing up that it sounded more like a a series of situations where one or the other wasn't available. Giving Bob the benefit of the doubt, not calling you out. It was my mistake to have or feign doubt that he was the reason you hadn't posted in the thread in a week or so despite other players besides Bob asking if you were around ;)

I'm not telling you to not show up for other scheduled events by any means. Just don't blame another person for killing your vibe. Makes you sound as unreliable as him when in fact we all can be somewhat unreliable from time to time.

eznark

Banned
^ Uh...probably gonna either DOTA or hang out with my wife tonight. Once we're done I'll have to sit around for another 10 days probably before I can play again so I'm not in too huge a hurry.

No one is anywhere as unreliable as Bob. Guy skips like half of his shifts at Wendy's. His punctuality is a joke in life and on the internet. If the manager weren't his dad he would have been fired ages ago.

McNei1y

I'm not telling you to not show up for other scheduled events by any means. Just don't blame another person for killing your vibe. Makes you sound as unreliable as him when in fact we all can be somewhat unreliable from time to time.

I'm sorry. I was listening to 'Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe' at the time of that post and I felt like that was the perfect thing to post :lol

I still lurked the thread for the duration of that week. I knew my games consisted of Goldy and Bob. Goldy and I talked but then he had to drop out. And I knew Bob wasn't around at the time. I probably should've made contact with ecnal or rinse but I failed to do so. But I knew we weren't in much of a rush because those two games deadlines were more than a week+ away from being advanced. Stupid thinking, I know.

turnbuckle

^ Uh...probably gonna either DOTA or hang out with my wife tonight. Once we're done I'll have to sit around for another 10 days probably before I can play again so I'm not in too huge a hurry.

No one is anywhere as unreliable as Bob. Guy skips like half of his shifts at Wendy's. His punctuality is a joke in life and on the internet. If the manager weren't his dad he would have been fired ages ago.

Hmm...I could leave work now and be home by 4:45 pm if you could play then. This offer self destructs by 4:35 PM EST though (meaning the latest I could be able to play other than tonight would be 5PM EST)

I'm sorry. I was listening to 'Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe' at the time of that post and I felt like that was the perfect thing to post :lol

Weird, was listening to that album when I read and responded to your post :p

I still lurked the thread for the duration of that week. I knew my games consisted of Goldy and Bob. Goldy and I talked but then he had to drop out. And I knew Bob wasn't around at the time. I probably should've made contact with ecnal or rinse but I failed to do so. But I knew we weren't in much of a rush because those two games deadlines were more than a week+ away from being advanced. Stupid thinking, I know.

Not that stupid, especially if you have other things going on. I didn't know the deets about bob and his burger situation. I might swing by Wendy's on my way home and see if he's playing hooky again.

Lulz

Sanjuro

Just advanced the series.

Up against Acheron for my next game.

Glad to see business picking up a bit. Just started a strange new job with tough hours. I'm still going to be available most mornings and late night (past midnights est).

Glad to see business picking up a bit. Just started a strange new job with tough hours. I'm still going to be available most mornings and late night (past midnights est).

what!? i'm going to get to play another game soon rather than in a week!?

eznark

Banned
How late you gonna be around? I'm at work atm, leaving for the gym in a few. I'll be watching the Wings game tonight, but I can show up late for that if you were up for a game any time before 8pm.

I can play after the Wings clown the Blackhawks if you want?

i think the 11th -- you're the last available game i have.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I managed my time really poorly today so I don't know if I'd feel good about sitting down for a full game, cause I got some stuff I want to do in and out of---would you be good to play tomorrow after heat-bulls? that's probably around 10 CT

Well, I have even stranger hours, so I look forward to seeing when we can play.

I'll get home from work about 7am CST if you're around.

eznark

Banned
Hmm...I could leave work now and be home by 4:45 pm if you could play then. This offer self destructs by 4:35 PM EST though (meaning the latest I could be able to play other than tonight would be 5PM EST)

What's your schedule like today? I'll be out and about til like 4:30 or so, maybe home earlier depending on how many places I need to go to find the shit I need.

turnbuckle

Just don't let him change the ballpark on you!

C'mon! I like playing in other MLB parks. I've played in CoPa a billion times. If I'm the home team against EZ you better believe I'll be playing in Miller Park. Prince Fielder's coming home!

What's your schedule like today? I'll be out and about til like 4:30 or so, maybe home earlier depending on how many places I need to go to find the shit I need.

I'll be available around 9pm tonight or I can be ready to play tomorrow or Sunday morning (8-10 am). Might be available later than that or in the evenings but my weekend is in a state of flux atm.

eznark

Banned
C'mon! I like playing in other MLB parks. I've played in CoPa a billion times. If I'm the home team against EZ you better believe I'll be playing in Miller Park. Prince Fielder's coming home!

I'll be available around 9pm tonight or I can be ready to play tomorrow or Sunday morning (8-10 am). Might be available later than that or in the evenings but my weekend is in a state of flux atm.

If you are the home team you are playing in Detroit. If you pick another stadium I will turn the game off.

eznark

Banned
We may as well start allowing all bunting and quick stealing and do a fantasty draft if we aren't going to stick to our home stadiums.

Also, why should I be forced to miss out on other stadiums? Stop being so selfish!

turnbuckle

We may as well start allowing all bunting and quick stealing and do a fantasty draft if we aren't going to stick to our home stadiums.

Also, why should I be forced to miss out on other stadiums? Stop being so selfish!

Oh please. I'd play (and I'll play when we face each other if I'm the home team) in CoPa if you asked me to, but you got all hormonal sounding in your post and I can't be bothered to deal with Sanjuro 2 tonight.

turnbuckle

Preview of the next game

i8PR8aOMLl0WO.gif

My swings will cover that much of the plate. I'm awful with Cabrera though so I suspect all those swings will be whiffs/dribblers/pop-ups. Don't fall asleep on Andy Dirks though!

turnbuckle

Whatever the default is. Play the game dude. Why are we paused?

Game is a buggy piece of shit. Not your fault

because you're taking out your frustration with the game fucking with ya on this game? offered a friendly concede so we could try it again. feel bad about some of those plays. would rather start over than have you intentionally throw wild and bunt with Braun with nobody on base.

eznark

Banned
Complete game Fiers!

I was pissed. Every ball you threw untried to swing at but somehow you threw 4 balls. Game is trash.

turnbuckle

Complete game Fiers!

I was pissed. Every ball you threw untried to swing at but somehow you threw 4 balls. Game is trash.

there are plenty of issues with the game, but I think maybe your controls might be causing you the most problems. I can't tell if you're accusing me of junk pitching (4 balls comment confusing me) but I didn't think I was.

I thought the game was playing ok; a little bit more lag than usual early on but not too bad.

eznark

Banned
No, you were throwing all strikes early. Then after Lucroy ran away from the runner and you got mad about bunting, swinging was the quickest way to end the game. At that point (after three innings) I don't think I had taken a pitch. Having you throw zero called balls for the whole game was my goal! Also to make Fiers eat that game. He performed admirably.

turnbuckle

No, you were throwing all strikes early. Then after Lucroy ran away from the runner and you got mad about bunting, swinging was the quickest way to end the game. At that point (after three innings) I don't think I had taken a pitch. Having you throw zero called balls for the whole game was my goal! Also to make Fiers eat that game. He performed admirably.

hey ez, I wasn't mad. I paused it so I could offer the friendly concede and post about what was going on. I could tell your guys weren't doing what you were trying to get them to do and wanted to give ya another game since it was still early. I remember playing good games with you in the past and your frustration during this one was palpable. no fun in winning a game because of control issues.

Anywho just wanted to clear that up if there was any doubt: I wasn't mad at all. frustrated but I understood

Top Bottom