• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 13: The Show Online League Thread

Sanjuro

Who the hell still has games and why have they not been played?

Going into full SIMIT mode tonight. So if you have games, get them fucking in.

turnbuckle

namZSOs.png

That's my remaining schedule. I think Atlanta is CPU only, right? If so, can I get that simmed?

I can get my games against the Padres, Cubs, and Blue Jays tonight. Taking a friend in for surgery tomorrow and might have to hang out with him for most of the day afterwards.

I think my opponents are Bob, Ecnal, and Rinse. Any of you able to play tonight?

Zep

Banned
OOOOK...My game with Rinse was simmed. Was looking forward to that matchup.

Anyway, dmncb...PM coming your way. Im available to play now.

Zep

Banned
Good game dmncb...Didn't have the approach I wanted at the plate until late in the game. And niese's cutters had me killing worms all day.

That double play in the 9th man....Dammit.

Good game dmncb...Didn't have the approach I wanted at the plate until late in the game. And niese's cutters had me killing worms all day.

That double play in the 9th man....Dammit.
I thought that ball was goin through man. Thats wat usually happens offline. Hamels change is beast though.

Sanjuro

I'm going to possibly use Sunday as a benchmark for the start of the playoffs, maybe Monday.

My schedule has been lousy lately and sick of resolving all the games. So fringe playoff teams make your push!

Mrbob

You still there? Sorry I ran late getting home. I want to watch the end of this hockey game but I can play right after.

ecnal

gg.

some of those plays would be the equivalent of NBA 2K having a random chance for you to dribble the ball off your foot for a turnover -- no user control, just a random chance to get fucked.

i've also come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter if i hit balls with solid contact. ground balls. every. fucking. time.

influence fly ball?
swing underneath it?
solid contact?
power swing?
ground ball.

Sanjuro

gg.

some of those plays would be the equivalent of NBA 2K having a random chance for you to dribble the ball off your foot for a turnover -- no user control, just a random chance to get fucked.

i've also come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter if i hit balls with solid contact. ground balls. every. fucking. time.

influence fly ball?
swing underneath it?
solid contact?
power swing?
ground ball.

Towards the latter part of the game, I started throwing more breaking pitches because Lester was unstable. That's why you had a ton of grounders. You caught up to him in the 8th before Koji came in and dominated with the bases juiced.

ecnal

Towards the latter part of the game, I started throwing more breaking pitches because Lester was unstable. That's why you had a ton of grounders. You caught up to him in the 8th before Koji came in and dominated with the bases juiced.

eh, this has been happening all season.

You're the only guy I have left, ecnal. Let me know when you want to play some ball.

i'm good to go whenever.

turnbuckle

gg.

influence fly ball?
swing underneath it?
solid contact?
power swing?
ground ball.

I'll just blame it on the Padres offense. As I said last night you were very tough to strike out and you seem to have a good eye for pitch location.

turnbuckle

Thanks for the scouting report!

One thing I wish we had access to was the swing/miss report and pitch locations for players in a league. It'd be cool to do some scouting on an opponent before a game starts. If this info is accumulated and available I haven't seen it.

I was drunk during the game last night. My two best games this season have been when I was drunk (against ecnal and sanjuro). My worst games were when I was completely sober. This doesn't make sense to me, but I'll throw that info in the scouting report too lol

turnbuckle

Turnbuckle if you aren't avoiding playing me we can go later tonight.

not avoiding, just can't play tonight and it sounds like tomorrow is the end of the season. I'll play rinse if he's available tomorrow evening and I'll play you if you're available tomorrow evening, but I'm not waiting for you to not show up again. eznark warned me about you and I didn't listen

ecnal

gg.

had thatcher ready and kubel was the last power threat from a lefty. why not!

it worked... barely. then gregerson comes in and throws 3 straight meatballs on perfect meter input :|

Top Bottom