• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 13: The Show Online League Thread

eznark

Banned
No you didn't. I'd have appreciated a day to get a couple of games in. I have been waiting on everyone else this whole season so I assumed there was no rush or that you'd say "hey, advancing tomorrow so play your games." You think Bob and I really wouldn't have played our game if we thought there was an impending advance?

Oh well.

Sanjuro

No you didn't. I'd have appreciated a day to get a couple of games in. I have been waiting on everyone else this whole season so I assumed there was no rush or that you'd say "hey, advancing tomorrow so play your games." You think Bob and I really wouldn't have played our game if we thought there was an impending advance?

Oh well.

Back on the 7th

I'm going to possibly use Sunday as a benchmark for the start of the playoffs, maybe Monday.

My schedule has been lousy lately and sick of resolving all the games. So fringe playoff teams make your push!

This season has been fairly productive. However, has proved that next season we are going to need a much smaller group.

eznark

Banned
I don't know that we need a smaller group, we just need to have a more intelligent advance system. Maybe advance one game every other day? I got caught in a loop where I'd play my games in one day then have nothing to do for a week.

Sanjuro

I don't know that we need a smaller group, we just need to have a more intelligent advance system. Maybe advance one game every other day? I got caught in a loop where I'd play my games in one day then have nothing to do for a week.

The advance system is kind of strange. There were a few weeks I would advance and it still wouldn't open up the following week, so there are still some bugs. Advances should be sooner though.

turnbuckle

I was hoping to hear back from my opponents and get the games in but I'm glad it was just resolved. Sending PMs and posting and not hearing anything back or seeing another player online but outside of the schedule window is a little frustrating. I think a smaller set of teams that are more active with a home/away matchup between each player and an open schedule would be ideal. Set a hard end date to the season at the beginning and don't worry about advancing - just leave everything open. Players who don't show up to get their games in by the end get simmed or give the opponent the option to play the AI in those cases.

I dunno. GAF being down constantly over the past couple of days certainly didn't help things, but this late in the game that's kind of making excuses for people who didn't show up or respond. I was surprised the league was still going after Sunday - I thought sanjuro was ending it by the end of last weekend anyways.

We should go ahead and set up a 2nd league for real active people and we know what to do better this time

I'd love to do another one. Unsure if sanjuro wants to do it or what, but it'd be great if he does.

McNei1y

I would be up for another league. I apologize that my activity dwindled in the later weeks but now that my long vacation is over, I'd be ready for some more. I think we should at least shorten the deadline period. It creates that pressure to get the game in asap. It's at least effective in Madden. Anyway, up to you guys.

turnbuckle

why can't this be on xbone so we could have the playoffs on twitch. I hope it's a feature that gets added on to 2014. would be fun watching random league games

Zep

Banned
why can't this be on xbone so we could have the playoffs on twitch. I hope it's a feature that gets added on to 2014. would be fun watching random league games

Yea right. Sanjuro would be stealing pitches all night. Unless you have a spectator mode built in, it wont work with baseball games.

Zep

Banned
2672241915_29af4b3274.jpg

btw sanjuro i don't know if i can join season 2. i'd like to but i'm im process of moving and my old house i'm selling/new house i'm getting are going to close around july 18th but it could be a little earlier or a little later, i don't know for sure. idk what my internet situation will be or when i can get the new internet installed so i wouldn't want to hold the league up but i guess depending on when it starts i could let you know

Top Bottom