• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 13: The Show Online League Thread

Sanjuro

btw sanjuro i don't know if i can join season 2. i'd like to but i'm im process of moving and my old house i'm selling/new house i'm getting are going to close around july 18th but it could be a little earlier or a little later, i don't know for sure. idk what my internet situation will be or when i can get the new internet installed so i wouldn't want to hold the league up but i guess depending on when it starts i could let you know

No worries. I may not be able to either. My schedule has turned to shit, although I'm glad there is a finale to a season finally. Probably the best games I've played in years.

Zep

Banned
That was a heartbreaker.

Congrats to dmncb2k13023 for a great series of games and winning the league. Really good play in both of them.

First of, great series of games Zep, three of the best games ive played online!
Secondly, Mets are world champions, fuck yea!!!
mets-1986-world-series.jpg

Zep

Banned
Yea great job not biting on papelbons splitter. I think I threw 4 in a row before throwing that 2-seam that murphy cranked into the gap. Brought him early cause it was a all hands on deck situation.

As far as another league, I'll have a better answer next week. I would like to do one more. If we don't then, dmncb will hold the title until we all get PS4's and MLB next march. By then there might actually be an online franchise.

turnbuckle

If sanjuro is out, who'd commish the next one? Frankman?

I'm cool with whomever does it so long as we are able to do another one. Thanks for doing this league sanjuro. The games were a lot of fun and we were able to finish a season for the first time in awhile.

Congrats to DMNCNBY2K9!

Zep

Banned
I've got:

Myself
Pheeniks
Eznark
Mr Bob
Turnbuckle
Dmncb
Acheron_XL
Ecnal
Rinse
...Frankman? I'll send him a PM.

That would make 10 and be perfect.

McNeily, KCstar, SquareTriangle...If you're in, let us know.

3 days in between series.

Zep

Banned
OK, what I have setup so far...

10 teams
18 games(play each opponent twice, two 1gm series)
3 days for each game, then its simmed

Sound good?

Zep

Banned
Ok its live...public league.

League name -- GAF League V3

Just type "gaf" in the search box and it'll show up.

Zep

Banned
Ok, Frankman isn't able to join. If we can't get someone from the last league to join, someone could double up.

Ok, Frankman isn't able to join. If we can't get someone from the last league to join, someone could double up.
i have a friend who i can ask to join. if anyone wants to schedule with him they can go to me and i can relay. i think he has good availability

i have tried getting him on gaf but his account hasnt been approved

turnbuckle

i have a friend who i can ask to join. if anyone wants to schedule with him they can go to me and i can relay. i think he has good availability

i have tried getting him on gaf but his account hasnt been approved

No offense, but that just sounds like a major pain. If we can't find a person to fill that 10th team we could make it CPU and assign victories to everybody against that team.

We'll make them pick the Marlins.

If the Mets can win, anybody can win. :p

OK, what I have setup so far...

10 teams
18 games(play each opponent twice, two 1gm series)
3 days for each game, then its simmed

Sound good?

Sounds good. The straight round robin felt a little impersonal, like it's baseball speed dating or something. Can't build grudges and personal narratives when you're only playing a guy once.

Zep

Banned
Sounds good. The straight round robin felt a little impersonal, like it's baseball speed dating or something. Can't build grudges and personal narratives when you're only playing a guy once.

I originally had it @ 3-gm series for 18 games, then decided it was best to keep it close to what actually got the league completed.

We might have to revisit that setup. I would really like 3-game series for my baseball but we're not there yet.

McNei1y

Yup. We needed a 10th person.

I'll sign in (unless someone's requested it) when I get a chance tonight. My PS3 is currently in use. Are the Nationals available?

Also, I'll be gone next weekend (Friday-Monday morning) if that is a problem.

Zep

Banned
I'll sign in (unless someone's requested it) when I get a chance tonight. My PS3 is currently in use. Are the Nationals available?

Also, I'll be gone next weekend (Friday-Monday morning) if that is a problem.

Nobody else wants those scrubs. And being gone next weekend means a game might be simmed. We'll see how it goes though...

Zep

Banned
Two guys I didn't know joined the league and got booted, anyway its down to eznark and bob to sign in. I sent both of you guys invites.

If you want different teams let me know, I can change it.

eznark

Banned
My playstation froze as I was backing up the drive last night! I'll do it when I get home, should be around 3 or so I'm guessing.

Zep

Banned
OK, league is live! I'll send everyone PM's.

- Remember you have 3 days to complete each game. After that its simmed.

- Everyone has the ability to reset a game if it disconnects.

- Turnbuckle, Ecnal, Rinse and Eznark have commish powers.

Top Bottom