• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 13: The Show Online League Thread

McNei1y

gg zep. that was a frustrating game. It felt like real life with all of those stranded runners. I hope this game was just a one time only thing with all those lag spikes everywhere. I left so many balls hanging at times because of where the pitch meter ended up lol.

Zep

Banned
Good game mcneily. Those lag spikes sucked...But not more than the baserunning in this goddamn game. Left + X should send your guy home, but not online in this game! Bullshit but whatever. I'll put the spikes down to the weather being absolute shit in our areas.

up to how many games can be played?
One game every three days. If people finish early, we can advance early. Do it like this so nobody is sitting idle for a week or more.

McNei1y

Good game mcneily. Those lag spikes sucked...But not more than the baserunning in this goddamn game. Left + X should send your guy home, but not online in this game! Bullshit but whatever.

Yeah. I still don't know how to advance one runner and keep one guy on one base. Luckily I didn't run into that problem.

Zep

Banned
Yeah. I still don't know how to advance one runner and keep one guy on one base. Luckily I didn't run into that problem.

1st to 2nd -- Right + Triangle
2nd to 3rd -- Up + Square
3rd to home -- Left + X

The direction highlights the player, the button tells where to send them.

Zep

Banned
OK, league is live! I'll send everyone PM's.

- 3 days to complete each game. After that, its simmed(or resolved if one party can't be found).

- Everyone has the ability to reset a game if it disconnects.

- Turnbuckle, Ecnal, Rinse and Eznark have commish powers.

For the new page.

Mrbob

Acheron I'll be home after 4:30 central today.

I'm rolling with a 60GB Phatty too. Hope it can keep surviving. I really don't want to buy a new PS3 right now considering Sony won't drop the damn price. At this rate the PS4 is going to have a lower price point than the PS3 after a couple price drops.

turnbuckle

Ugh. I'm terrified that my launch 60GB is going to die...

I had mine die 3 years ago. Sent it to gophermods and it's been working ever since. It runs loud, it makes me nervous, but still kicking.

Was out of town to catch the Tiger's game yesterday; should've stayed home and played a league game. I haven't had a chance to look at the schedule or set my roster yet, but I'll be available to play tonight.

Are we only able to play our first opponent on the schedule? I have Texas as the first game (York). I can't remember who York is, is that Pheenix? I'll be able to play tonight - if it can't be gotten in tonight I could play tomorrow night, but my availability will be overlapping with the Spurs-Heat game.

1st to 2nd -- Right + Triangle
2nd to 3rd -- Up + Square
3rd to home -- Left + X

The direction highlights the player, the button tells where to send them.

I've run into a situation a few times this year where I'm trying to target a runner and it doesn't work. It seems to occur when I have multiple players on bases and trying to target a guy near third base. Hard for me to duplicate, but think it's when I have a couple of guys past second base. I don't know, really. Hard to explain, but it's cost me a couple runs/outs this year. Baserunning on the whole feels a little funkier than it used to this season for me, perhaps a function of the new "more realistic" routes runners take and the animation overriding my input?

Other base running quirks this year:
Sometimes it won't let me sub in a pinch runner
The baserunning attribute when some players are on base doesn't match their actual baserunning attribute. Most noticeable for me in Diamond Dynasty where I'll have a guy with 99 SPD / 99 Baserunning, but when he's on base it shows his BR attribute much lower
Sometimes during my at-bats my baserunner won't advance a step when I press L1. This has happened on good and bad rated baserunners. Never ever had that issue before this season.

Zep

Banned
I had mine die 3 years ago. Sent it to gophermods and it's been working ever since. It runs loud, it makes me nervous, but still kicking.

Was out of town to catch the Tiger's game yesterday; should've stayed home and played a league game. I haven't had a chance to look at the schedule or set my roster yet, but I'll be available to play tonight.

Are we only able to play our first opponent on the schedule? I have Texas as the first game (York). I can't remember who York is, is that Pheenix? I'll be able to play tonight - if it can't be gotten in tonight I could play tomorrow night, but my availability will be overlapping with the Spurs-Heat game.

yea

Acheron I'll be home after 4:30 central today.

I'm rolling with a 60GB Phatty too. Hope it can keep surviving. I really don't want to buy a new PS3 right now considering Sony won't drop the damn price. At this rate the PS4 is going to have a lower price point than the PS3 after a couple price drops.

I'll be around. I'll even try to be awake!

eznark

Banned
Ecnal I slapped a 750gb hard drive into my launch PS3. It's restoring from backup now. Assuming I didn't fuck it up we should be gold. But...I generally fuck these things up at least once.

GG. I don't know what the hell was going on in the Trop. Almost literally none of the CBs I threw went anywhere near where I wanted them to go.

Top Bottom