• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 13: The Show Online League Thread

Zep

Banned
Its been a good week overall for pheenix...

GG dude, those lag spikes were terrible and was one reason I scored a few runs. That lineup is killer. Now to get my timing down with the analog swinging. Did pretty decent for my first time.

eznark

Banned
Frustrating and pretty shitty game. Pretty surprised at that quick pitch to my reliever. May as well just bunt with Reyes all game. If you're working so quickly that you have no idea who is at bat you're working too quickly I was hammering pause and wasn't fast enough. Shitty way to play.

Zep

Banned
Frustrating and pretty shitty game. Pretty surprised at that quick pitch to my reliever. May as well just bunt with Reyes all game. If you're working so quickly that you have no idea who is at bat you're working too quickly I was hammering pause and wasn't fast enough. Shitty way to play.

Start hammering "Up" on the control pad.

But no seriously, If you wanna work fast, I usually have no issue with it but know the game situation. There should always be a few courtesy seconds deeper into ball games. Though I do it a few seconds longer to make you guys think some more about where the next pitch is gonna be :D

eznark

Banned
I was hammering up. You should always wait a couple second for any first pitch. We don't have a walk up, so there is no natural delay built it. Quick pitching the pitcher is the bush league pub play crap that keeps me out of random matches. It's about as far from sim ad you can get in a sports game.

Game was 4-1 at that point and I had a runner on. Why would I let Tom Gorzelanny hit? Trash ball.

rinse82

Yeah that's my bad and I realized it right after committing to throw the pitch. Sorry.

Zep

Banned
Was under the impression that all games would get done this weekend. Having week + layoffs are lame. In theory, this is the fastest way to move the league along.

Can the remaining games get played or not? I know Mcneily isn't available this weekend. So...Bob.

eznark

Banned
Was under the impression that all games would get done this weekend. Having week + layoffs are lame. In theory, this is the fastest way to move the league along.

Can the remaining games get played or not? I know Mcneily isn't available this weekend. So...Bob.

This is a way better system.

ecnal

i also prefer this advancement style over the flex. flex is nice in theory but it seems to encourage playing fewer games over a given period.

turnbuckle

sorry guys, I won't be able to get my game in tonight. I'm cool with simming, don't want to hold up league. sorry dmnc, this weekend has been an absolute mess :(

ecnal

ya that ground ball to second should have ended that inning. instead the pen shit the bed and aj hit a grand slam.

turnbuckle

Alright Bob, when can you play? Don't leave me hanging again goddammit!

Although my schedule was a mess and I couldn't get my game in, I'm glad the commish is forcing the issue on advancement. Let's keep this thing moving along!

Bob, I can play tonight any time between 9pm-11pm
Tomorrow I can play a bit earlier than that (8pm-11pm)
I won't be able to play Wednesday.

Also, you've got my #. Just let me know when you'll be able to play. If those times for today or tomorrow don't work, let me know what time does work for you. The 5am-5pm time period during the week is generally unavailable to me, and I usually don't go home until later than that unless I know my opponent will be online.

Top Bottom