• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 13: The Show Online League Thread

So what time should we do the HR derby? I have a friend outside of GAF (who is trying to get his account approved) who would be down to play if we need an 8th

Also I call Mike Stanton!

Zep

Banned
Rinse, whats the status bro?

Pheeniks, um I was thinking 12-2pm or around there? Give the west coast people some time?

rinse82

Rinse, whats the status bro?

Pheeniks, um I was thinking 12-2pm or around there? Give the west coast people some time?

When is the advance? Sorry Zep been putting in hours at the office and my week has been killed.

I can play tomorrow but if we're vancing tonight then :(

Zep

Banned
Home Run Derby is great. We should do this shit more

You do it simultaneously and can see your opponents' balls all at once

Yea, I didn't know thats how it worked either, until I tried it. Moves pretty quickly once you get past the beginning cutscene.

Zep

Banned
Was waiting to see if Rinse could get our game in...but guess not. Advancing now.

Hopefully we can get around 4-6 people around for the HR derby tomorrow. Thinking of starting it at 12 noon, before the games.

Was waiting to see if Rinse could get his game in...but guess not. Advancing now.

Hey let me know if you wanna mess around with the HR derby later this afternoon or night just for fun

Rays-Nats
Jays-Angels
Indians-Rockies
Tigers-Brewers
Rangers-Cubs

Also, 12 ET?

Zep

Banned
Hey let me know if you wanna mess around with the HR derby later this afternoon or night just for fun

Rays-Nats
Jays-Angels
Indians-Rockies
Tigers-Brewers
Rangers-Cubs

Also, 12 ET?

Yea. If thats too early for people we can push it back a few hours.

I guess we could do a vote?

12 ET or 9 PM ET (maybe that's too late?)

I'm down for either one

Also whoever starts the lobby...sometimes the lobby will "shut down" and you have to re-do it and have everyone re-join. It's kinda dumb, don't get when or why it happens

Zep

Banned
Rays-Nats
Jays-Angels
Indians-Rockies
Tigers-Brewers
Rangers-Cubs

Advance Tues. Gonna start locking these games down to 3 days and sim...In fairness to others. Lets try and get these games in.

Ecnal, let me know when you're around.

turnbuckle

Tigers can you go tomorrow?

Getting wings with my old man tonight to celebrate his bday, but that won't be until 9:30pm (EST).

I didn't plan on being home tonight until around 8pm. I won't be home tomorrow until maybe 9:30-10pm so I'd like to get it in today and will change up some of my plans if it's the only way we can get our game in. The absolute earliest I could play tonight is 6pm.

I could also play around 11:30pm but I'll be under the influence of alcohol.

eznark

Banned
Getting wings with my old man tonight to celebrate his bday, but that won't be until 9:30pm (EST).

I didn't plan on being home tonight until around 8pm. I won't be home tomorrow until maybe 9:30-10pm so I'd like to get it in today and will change up some of my plans if it's the only way we can get our game in. The absolute earliest I could play tonight is 6pm.

I could also play around 11:30pm but I'll be under the influence of alcohol.

Can you play before you go out today? I pm'd you a bit ago.

ECNAL

(9:12:48 PM) Zep: been having internet issues the last day
(9:13:20 PM) Zep: tell ecnal it should be straightened out tomorrow
(9:13:59 PM) Zep: Comcast said its due to the excessive heat...which is the most asinine shit ive ever heard
(9:14:53 PM) the : alright
(9:14:57 PM) the : you wanna give him a time frame?
(9:15:04 PM) Zep: I cant
(9:15:09 PM) the: alright
(9:15:30 PM) Zep: they're supposed to be here tomorrow 9-12

McNei1y

good game acheron. That final AB was crazy. I was getting nervous there.

I was so frustrated with hitting that game. I felt like I knew where the pitches were coming but I seemed to be way off with the yellow circle every time. I also seemed to "check swing" a lot even though I felt I mashed the buttons. Good stuff with Moore. His change of speed in this game is crazy.

And yeah, Haren in this game is weird. All of his pitches move except for the 4SFB and they're all different changes of speed. His fastball tops at 94ish but the cutter, splitter, and 2SFB all range between 83-89.

ecnal

ECNAL

(9:12:48 PM) Zep: been having internet issues the last day
(9:13:20 PM) Zep: tell ecnal it should be straightened out tomorrow
(9:13:59 PM) Zep: Comcast said its due to the excessive heat...which is the most asinine shit ive ever heard
(9:14:53 PM) the : alright
(9:14:57 PM) the : you wanna give him a time frame?
(9:15:04 PM) Zep: I cant
(9:15:09 PM) the: alright
(9:15:30 PM) Zep: they're supposed to be here tomorrow 9-12

thanks, pheenix.

i'll be around tomorrow; shouldn't be a problem.

Zep

Banned
Alright, back online. Sucks we couldn't do the HR derby but maybe sometime soon.

Ecnal, I'll be around pretty much all-day.

turnbuckle

eznark, I'll be on in a few if you can play tonight. have a doc appt early in the morning so I can't stick around super late but if you can play before midnight lemme know. If possible just send me a text (269-929-0249) so I don't miss ya.

all star game being on tonight kinda has my focus but it's really not that important to me

eznark

Banned
eznark, I'll be on in a few if you can play tonight. have a doc appt early in the morning so I can't stick around super late but if you can play before midnight lemme know. If possible just send me a text (269-929-0249) so I don't miss ya.

all star game being on tonight kinda has my focus but it's really not that important to me

Let's play in a couple of minutes. I'm just getting the kids to bed.

eznark

Banned
He hit the catcher bug and I ran around the bases. For me it was the last straw for this game but I didn't mean to be a dick about it. Just trying to keep the game moving.

taking the inside the Parker on the catcher glitch? fuck that. good night, give ez the win.

I thought that was the only way to fix it to keep the game going, last time it happened against the CPU I had to score for the game to continue and honestly, that game got super laggy in the 4th but in the strangest fucking way so I half thought you had dropped when you didn't throw.

Zep

Banned
Why does this shit only happen to you guys. The worst I've seen was a fly ball that glitched through my fielder.

Anyway If resetting the game is out of the question, I'll sim it and let it decide who to give the win.

turnbuckle

He hit the catcher bug and I ran around the bases. For me it was the last straw for this game but I didn't mean to be a dick about it. Just trying to keep the game moving.

I thought that was the only way to fix it to keep the game going, last time it happened against the CPU I had to score for the game to continue and honestly, that game got super laggy in the 4th but in the strangest fucking way so I half thought you had dropped when you didn't throw.

my apologies then. if you wait at first base, it'll move on to the next batter after a bit. dunno why the game was lagging do much and it's too bad - we were having a pretty good game and you were making me get ready to go to my awful bullpen early.

sorry about the low pitches in the dirt. I don't mind some junk pitching here and there, but the lag was throwing off my meter causing me to totally screw up a lot of pitches.

I was the dick here, pulling the plug on frustration over that glitch. I would like you to get the W for my poor sportsmanship.

eznark

Banned
Let TB have the win. I fucked up and actually feel shitty about it. Also, I'm unfortunately out. I don't know if it's my controller, my OG 60GB ps3 or what but I haven't had a league game without a fuck-awful bug and I just dread playing these games now.

turnbuckle

Why does this shit only happen to you guys. The worst I've seen was a fly ball that glitched through my fielder.

Anyway If resetting the game is out of the question, I'll sim it and let it decide who to give the win.

I've only had the catcher glitch happen to me maybe 5 times in my life. I often think the glitch and lag complaints are slightly exaggerated as I go through several without a hitch and then all it takes is a game like we just had to remind me how many issues there are.

Top Bottom