• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 360 league interest thead: No Leaguedaddy needed...

Cloudy

Banned
I've decided to expand it to 20 teams since there is so much interest outside of the usual crew. Why I won't go higher? It's cos we've been burned before and I'm not gonna let it happen this year.

A smaller league with proven folks you KNOW are gonna play is better than scrambling to fill open teams cos some folks lost interest after a week. That just makes it suck for EVERYONE :(

Please don't be mad if you're not guaranteed a team. It only makes sense to reserve spots for folks who have been playing in the GAF leagues over the years...

Past league veterans with guaranteed spots who are definitely in:

Cloudy - Lakers
DaddyZ - Sixers
DM - Bulls
Bob - Suns
Matrix - Rockets
Jobber - Spurs
FMT - Warriors
Ninja - Heat (YOU FUKKIN TRAITOR!)
Truelize - Cavs
Fifty - Raptors
Akaballa - Celtics
Mally - Jazz
Dsal - Mavs/Blazers (still deciding)
Bish - Grizz

Not sure yet but they have played in past leagues so they have an open spot reserved:

Cold - Nets
Hg - Mavs? If Dsal takes Blazers..
Ramirez - ?

I thought about the best way to fill the last 4-7 spots (depending on what Hg, Cold and Ramirez do) and instead of going by order of post, I'm gonna set up an 8-10 man tourney on the 2Kleagues site

Yeah it's sounds unfair but what better way for folks to see if they're really up for online leagues? I'll determine who gets those last spots using a combination of factors

- Best players
- Time taken to complete games
- General feedback from other tourney players

If you don't hate my guts after reading this and still want in, reply with your tourney team. You can use any team besides the 13 listed in the first section (Nets and Blazers are eligible) First come, first serve...

Tourney Players:

Sportzhead - Kings (GT/AIM: sportzhead360/sportz1983
Improvise5 - Clippers (GT/AIM = improvise5)
Shawnwhann - Hornets (GT/AIM = Professa Skillz/Professa Skillset)
JuanMR2 - Wizards (GT/AIM = JuanMR2)
Cerrius - T-Wolves (GT/AIM = Cerrius)
pheeniks - Magic (GT/AIM = pheeniks)

Mrbob

I'm picking up a NBA game this year.

I want to get the game with the league that will survive. I don't care if that means Live 07 or NBA2k7.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
You know who I want!

You cant have them...unless you mean the Bulls ;P

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
Bulls...

with a trade for T-Mac!! GIVE HIM UP DAMN IT!

Ill give you my paypal addy :p

Zep

Banned
JuanMR2 said:
I'm in, Warriors plz. NBA 2k7 has integrated Online Leagues right?

It has online leagues yes. And we know who jobber is getting...even though hes garbage in the game.

Matrix

DaddyZ said:
It has online leagues yes. And we know who jobber is getting...even though hes garbage in the game.

:lol :lol

Matrix

Ninja Scooter said:
thats BS i should get the Lakers.

Konex demands you get on your knees.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
as the reigning champion, you gotta beat me to get in the league. :lol

Tony Parker FTW

heyyyyyyyy wait a sec.

DaddyZ said:

WTF you know i would kick your ass

when does this game come out?

you know i will play. just hoping they fixed the bullshit chicken with it's head cut off style of basketball (and added mid-air physics/collision!)

however what other choice do i have for online leagues? i'll take the warriors i guess. if someone is a big warriors fan i'll take whoever, doesn't really matter what team i get (so long as its not the lakers)

jobber

yea yea yea

you won't have that excuse "OMG the Spurs are the best teams in the NBA no fair!" this year......although people said the same thing on NBA2K5.

Zep

Banned
jobber said:
yea yea yea

you won't have that excuse "OMG the Spurs are the best teams in the NBA no fair!" this year......although people said the same thing on NBA2K5.

Please...i was beating that ass with the 6ers, then u pulled the plug! Im on to you!

jobber

DaddyZ said:
Please...i was beating that ass with the 6ers, then u pulled the plug! Im on to you!

I've never pulled the plug!

that stupid patch is the thorn on my side. I haven't been able to enjoy an online game since March.!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Should I torch you all with Lebron? Or Mr.Morrison? :)

I'm in for sure though. I would like to try the game first to see if using the Bobcats is fun at all.

So I call Cavs unless the Bobcats are fun to play with.

I call them both

From IGN http://sports.ign.com/articles/727/727219p1.html
That's because NBA 2K7 features an online fantasy draft with up to 30 players, enabling every team to be controlled by a gamer in the league. Then, just like any fantasy draft, you go through the selection process and can play an online season anywhere from 8-82 games in length. And thanks to special admin powers, if someone doesn't show for a game, that game can be simmed so the league isn't held up, and if someone makes a habit out of ditching games like AI ditches practice, the admin can boot them to the curb and replace the team owner with someone more responsible.

Oh man is that sweet.

um that feature was in last years version. we had a live fantasy draft. *I* suggested only being able to pick 1 90+ rated player per person, but noooooo what we ended up with was a league full of all star teams and it sucked

i propose we do the fantasy draft, using FMT's rule. That way i can have my Lakers and Kobex can get hsi chance to draft Kobe to whatever team he wants. Everybody wins.

Cloudy

Banned
Fantasy draft won't work in a medium-sized league cos all the teams would be ridiculous. We tried this with 2k6 :lol

Cloudy said:
Fantasy draft won't work in a medium-sized league cos all the teams would be ridiculous. We tried this with 2k6 :lol

you missed the "FMT's rule" part. One star 90+ player to build around would work! IT WILL WORK!

Cloudy

Banned
I guess that rule is good if we can come up with a cap system. Sure you can get 1 90+ player but what if I add 3 80+s to that? :lol

Trust me, we tackled this last year and the only way to make that rule work would be a numerical cap system of combined ratings. That would make the draft pretty tedious but if the majority wants it, it's cool :p

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:
um that feature was in last years version. we had a live fantasy draft. *I* suggested only being able to pick 1 90+ rated player per person, but noooooo what we ended up with was a league full of all star teams and it sucked

Wasn't I the commish of that league? Anyway, it was put to a vote! That league was a joke, but the other league wasn't going strong at that point anyway. I think I just wanted to shake things up a bit...and give myself a super team of all stars wearing Raptors uniforms. ;)

I'd be up for this, of course, with the 2007 NBA Champion Toronto Raptors. There are too many sports games! I'm still playing baseball, and Madden just came out. I can't deal! Dr. Phil please help me.

Cloudy said:
I guess that rule is good if we can come up with a cap system. Sure you can get 1 90+ player but what if I add 3 80+s to that? :lol

Trust me, we tackled this last year and the only way to make that rule work would be a numerical cap system of combined ratings. That would make the draft pretty tedious but if the majority wants it, it's cool :p

i assume it goes by rounds (haven't done a fantasy draft in NBA2k since the Dreamcast versions lol) so why not:

1st Round: 90+ player
2nd/3rd Rounds: 80+ players
after that you fill your team up with role players (70s). Depends on how the players ratings look when they come out and who is scored how.

Fifty

Well since that probably won't be done in the first season, Scooter. You could probably work out a deal with Konex where you pick the Lakers and he picks any other team and you trade him Kobe. That's what we did with matrix and DM last year over their boyfriend Tmac.

Fifty said:
Well since that probably won't be done in the first season, Scooter. You could probably work out a deal with Konex where you pick the Lakers and he picks any other team and you trade him Kobe. That's what we did with matrix and DM last year over their boyfriend Tmac.

he can have Kobe as long as i get fair compensation in return.

Cloudy

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
i assume it goes by rounds (haven't done a fantasy draft in NBA2k since the Dreamcast versions lol) so why not:

1st Round: 90+ player
2nd/3rd Rounds: 80+ players
after that you fill your team up with role players (70s). Depends on how the players ratings look when they come out and who is scored how.

Ok that makes sense...

hgplayer1

Im pretty sure Im picking 2k7 up and Id love to join but dont GAF 2k leagues fail pretty miserably all the time?

the last one I joined died within a couple weeks if I remember correctly.

Top Bottom