• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 360 league interest thead: No Leaguedaddy needed...

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Cloudy said:
Why wouldn't you get the game if you like basketball? *mind-boggled*

Some people cant Throw around 20's like nothing, you know.

Even if i dont get it, i can still gamefly it. So just put me in for now

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
CB, if only you could somehow win the madden season 8 superbowl before NBA 2k7 is out, you could get the game for sure... but how, How, HOW!

What are you talking about? I already won...

Klocker

From Steve's OP Sports Q&A

Re: NBA 2K7 Impressions Q&A
Nice, just noticed the goods for Online Leagues.

Create the name of the league.
Private or Open
Number of players - 8 to 30 even numbers
Playoff teams 4,8, 16
Round interval - Set the amount of time a player has to play their next scheduled game
Length - 8 to 82 games
Playoffs - best of 1,3,5,7
Flex Schedule - on / off
Difficulty - Rookie/pro/allstar/superstar/HOF
Quarter length - 1-12 mins
Injuries - on/off
Trading - on/off

Cloudy

Banned
I've decided to expand it to 20 teams since there is so much interest outside of the usual crew. Why I won't go higher? It's cos we've been burned before and I'm not gonna let it happen this year.

A smaller league with proven folks you KNOW are gonna play is better than scrambling to fill open teams cos some folks lost interest after a week. That just makes it suck for EVERYONE :(

Please don't be mad if you're not guaranteed a team. It only makes sense to reserve spots for folks who have been playing in the GAF leagues over the years...

Past league veterans with guaranteed spots who are definitely in:

Cloudy - Lakers
DaddyZ - Sixers
DM - Bulls
Bob - Suns
Matrix - Rockets
Jobber - Spurs
FMT - Warriors
Ninja - Heat (YOU FUKKIN TRAITOR!)
Truelize - Cavs
Fifty - Raptors
Akaballa - Celtics
Mally - Jazz
Dsal - Mavs/Blazers (still deciding)

Not sure yet but they have played in past leagues so they have an open spot reserved

Cold - Nets
Hg - Mavs? If Dsal takes Blazers..
Ramirez - ?

I thought about the best way to fill the last 4-7 spots (depending on what Hg, Cold and Ramirez do) and instead of going by order of post, I'm gonna set up an 8-10 man tourney on the 2Kleagues site

Yeah it's sounds unfair but what better way for folks to see if they're really up for online leagues? I'll determine who gets those last spots using a combination of factors

- Best players
- Time taken to complete games
- General feedback from other tourney players

If you don't hate my guts after reading this and still want in, reply with your tourney team. You can use any team besides the 13 listed in the first section (Nets and Blazers are eligible) First come, first serve...

DMczaf

I've decided to expand it to 20 teams since there is so much interest outside of the usual crew. Why I won't go higher? It's cos we've been burned before and I'm not gonna let it happen this year.

You'll go back, they always go back.

battered_into_submission_web.jpg

Cloudy

Banned
One last thing for the tourney players, please post your AIM and GT as well. PM me if you don't wanna post your AIM in the thread...

I'll be updating on the first post from now on but anything major will be bumped up :)

i dont mind playing in a tourney to try and get in. well, if i can get in the tourney i'll take the clippers. if not, it's all good, i understand and got respect for the people who been here for a long time. aim and gt are the same as my username.

Cloudy

Banned
Moowear, the guy above you just picked the clipps so you have to take someone else. For anyone posting after this, pick ur top 3 from the eligible teams. The updated list of tourney players is on the first post...

Cloudy

Banned
doh! :( i'm on the first page with my dibs on the clips but i guess it goes by seniority? it's cool

No, we started over from scratch. We are picking 8-10 tourney teams now. Honestly, I did it that way cos I want folks who visit the forum often to have first dibs. It's easy to pop in and reply to this thead once a week.

I swear I'm not trying to be an asshole so don't hate me :lol

moowear

No, we started over from scratch. We are picking tourney teams now. Honestly, I did it that way cos I want folks who visit the forum often to have first dibs. It's easy to pop in and reply to this thead once

ah..gotcha. gt - o0moowear0o if the clips become available.

I'm from LA and a season ticket holder for the clips so I couldn't play as any other team...i just can't. haha. it's cool, no worries, thanks though.

Cloudy

Banned
improvise5 said:
so our picks for tourney teams will carry over to the actual league right?

Yes..

ah..gotcha. gt - o0moowear0o if the clips become available.

You still have to pick a tourney team. Also, if improvise5 doesn't make it into the league for some reason, you could switch to the Clipps assuming you made it in..

oh man season ticket holder??? i go to some laker and clipper games but never a season ticket holder. i'll be a nice guy, moowear go ahead and take clips. i'll take the grizzlies.

I'm a big Laker fan, but you don't see me threatening not to join the league over it. Maybe it is just me, but he has red flag all over him.

Cloudy

Banned
I've updated to this point on the front page. I don't post too much from work but I'll update as I see it. Just check the first page for up-to-date-info..

Good night, folks! :D

moowear

oh man season ticket holder??? i go to some laker and clipper games but never a season ticket holder. i'll be a nice guy, moowear go ahead and take clips. i'll take the grizzlies.

ha, it's cool man no worries. like I said, no biggy. thanks anyhow. yeah, I had to go threesies with a couple of friends for this season for the tickets.

I'm a big Laker fan, but you don't see me threatening not to join the league over it. Maybe it is just me, but he has red flag all over him.

haha :lol dude, relax. like i've said in my other posts, no biggy if I didn't get the clips. It's not as if I have any weight in "threatning" NOT to play. i'm just another dude who enjoyed last years game and didn't join in the league.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I would love playing in a league, but I don't know how you guys set it up. (specific times?). Besides, everyone would kill me as my team is the Celtics. :lol

Cloudy

Banned
One last post:

There will be a time interval 3-5 days to play each game. You get together with your opponent via AIM/GAF/XBL/2Ksite to schedule your games..

Also, the Celtics are taken. Read the first post to see available teams...

Ok I'm gone for good now!

Cloudy said:
One last thing for the tourney players, please post your AIM and GT as well. PM me if you don't wanna post your AIM in the thread...

I'll be updating on the first post from now on but anything major will be bumped up :)

My information:

AIM: sportz1983 GameTag: sportzhead360

Kintaro

Cloudy said:
One last post:

There will be a time interval 3-5 days to play each game. You get together with your opponent via AIM/GAF/XBL/2Ksite to schedule your games..

Also, the Celtics are taken. Read the first post to see available teams...

Ok I'm gone for good now!

Oops. Missed that. Thanks.

Edit: WTF? No one took the Spurs? =O

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I feel a little bitter that an LA Faker fan took the Heat

But so is life.

I'll take Minnesota for the tourney...

GT: Cerrius AIM: Cerrius

DAMN YOU SCOOTER

Zep

Banned
Kintaro should get the spurs...cause lord knows Jobber is GARBAGE when it comes to playing basketball games.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
DaddyZ said:
Kintaro should get the spurs...cause lord knows Jobber is GARBAGE when it comes to playing basketball games.

keep talking...don't be mad when I crush you like an ant!

Cloudy

Banned
I am pretty sure I called the NETS on the first page.

You quoted all that w/o even reading it? :( Also, the Nets may or may not be taken and you could use them in the tourney. Then again, if you're gonna give up on the league so quickly, maybe it's for the best...

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Cloudy said:
You quoted all that w/o even reading it? :( Also, the Nets may or may not be taken and you could use them in the tourney. Then again, if you're gonna give up on the league so quickly, maybe it's for the best...

I read it. And I got the impression you wanted to keep it as a vet league only. I apologize for quoting so much. And I am not giving up. I got the impression you were looking for people you played with in the past.

bows

Cloudy

Banned
That's not the case at all. I expanded to 20 just so MORE folks can get in! I won't go higher cos I have NEVER seen a league bigger than that succeed. There are 4-8 spots open and what we're doing now is running a tourney to fill those spots. While it's not the fairest way, it's the BEST way to determine good league players.

If you want the Nets, I can put you down for them in the tourney. Understand that if Cold decides to play, you'll have to use another team in league play if you get in..

Cloudy

Banned
More on the tourney:

Each round wil be a 3-game series with initial pairings decided randomly. Performance will be taken into account because Jobber and Aka need some more competition for league dominance :lol Also, good players are less likely to lose a lot and in turn less likely to abandon the league when the going gets tough :p

I'll also be looking at stuff like ease of scheduling games with each player, SIM-play etc. The tourney will be played with league rules intact so there's lots of time to decide if you can play that way...or if you even like the game enough to commit to league play...

PS: If we have an odd-number of tourney players, I'll play in it with the Knicks or something :lol

Kintaro

jobber said:

:lol Skipped right over you. Sorry bout that. Late night browsing does that to you. Then again, who really care what a jobber wants? :D

DaddyZ said:

Oh. Snap.

Mrbob

All the work is done for us, as we don't have to put in any stats thanks to VC online setup. It's time for the NBA league to shine. Go up to 24 kotex. ;)

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
What are the "league rules"...

I need to know what's allowed and what's not.

I don't want people bitchin about I won just because I did *insert excuse here*

Cloudy

Banned
The rules will be posted on the league and tourney sites. Also, we'll vote on stuff that everyone doesn't agree with...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
From EPSN.com

Just as impressive is how players actually play the game as individuals. If you're going up against a towering forward like Pau Gasol or Dirk Nowitzki, those players won't just play it close to the hoop like, say, Chris Webber or Carlos Boozer. Instead, these Euro-sharpshooters will take a step back and launch a trifecta when the opportunity arises. In the past, the A.I. schemes gave each position a set of hard and fast rules. But now, the rules are based on a player's ability, not his pre-assigned position on the court. We love the realism.

Wow. I hope that is true. FMT mentioned a page back how he was worried that Shaq will float outside too much. This doesn't actually mention Shaq but it does talk about what we are all hoping for.

Cloudy

Banned
We have six in the newbies tourney so far. Also for you guys who are undecided (HG, Cold and Ramirez), did you make up your minds yet?

Cloudy

Banned
LiveFromKyoto said:
Is the league doing a full roster 1-15 fantasy draft? Or only a certain # of players?

From what I've seen, most folks are opposed to the fantasy draft idea. We'll still vote on it though. And yeah, you draft all 15. It's like a real fantasy league where you can have pre-rankings and auto-draft if you're not gonna be around...

Top Bottom