• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 360 league interest thead: No Leaguedaddy needed...

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
oh man season ticket holder??? i go to some laker and clipper games but never a season ticket holder. i'll be a nice guy, moowear go ahead and take clips. i'll take the grizzlies.
Hey hey hey...I called the Grizz on the first page? You want to be the dead man who gets between me and Big Country? Do you?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I played in the NBA league too - ask FMT how he felt when I humbled his Heat with the Big Blue Bears! Doin' thangs!

DMczaf said:
Sorry Bish, but Big Country is still not on the 90s All-Stars team in NBA2K7 :(
wtf

Cloudy

Banned
Here's how it stands now:

Past league veterans with guaranteed spots who are definitely in:

Cloudy - Lakers
DaddyZ - Sixers
DM - Bulls
Bob - Suns
Matrix - Rockets
Jobber - Spurs
FMT - Warriors
Ninja - Heat (YOU FUKKIN TRAITOR!)
Truelize - Cavs
Fifty - Raptors
Akaballa - Celtics
Mally - Jazz
Dsal - Mavs/Blazers (still deciding)
Bish - Grizz

Not sure yet but they have played in past leagues so they have an open spot reserved:

Cold - Nets
Hg - Mavs? If Dsal takes Blazers..
Ramirez - ?

Tourney Players:

Sportzhead - Kings (GT/AIM: sportzhead360/sportz1983
Improvise5 - Clippers (GT/AIM = improvise5)
Shawnwhann - Hornets (GT/AIM = Professa Skillz/Professa Skillset)
JuanMR2 - Wizards (GT/AIM = JuanMR2)
Cerrius - T-Wolves (GT/AIM = Cerrius)
pheeniks - Magic (GT/AIM = pheeniks)
KarishBHR - Pistons (GT/AIM = on the rochks/karishbhr)
LiveFromKyoto - Nuggets (GT/AIM = LiveFromKyoto/GAFStopSnitchin)
Allen - Pacers
Cloudy - Lakers

To be fair to the tourney players who replied early, the tourney is now closed...

Cloudy

Banned
Allen: AIM and GT.

And that's it for teams/spots. I'm gonna figure out how we'll run the tourney and post here with details later....

Okay, I'm down. If there's no fantasy draft then put me down for the Thuggets. If there is then I'll take the Bobcats (orange unis FTW).

GT: LiveFromKyoto
Don't have AIM, but I can be PMed here. If it's totally crucial then I'll DL it.

Questions:

Are only the teams with human players active in the league ? How are trades for non-active team players handled? Like, if it's my dream to build a dynasty around Saer Sene and Tyronn Lue but nobody has those teams can I still get them?

Does the league involve the practice schedule that the franchise mode has? Like, can I run my guys through intense shootarounds, or have Eduardo Najera training day & night to become the world's most dominant shot blocker?

How many games long is the season?

Is there a league/commish veto for trades? Like, if some guy doesn't know what he's doing and gives up Kirilenko (just picking a random good player here) for Smush, is there any way to disallow that stuff?

EDIT: Dangit! Just missed the last spot! My phone rang while I was typing :(

If you're willing to expand the league/tourney by a spot or two though, I'm willing to lay a ban that I'll show for the league. I'm a pretty huge NBA fan, I've even reached RealGM status on RealGM. The only reason I didn't join sooner is because I only got a 360 this weekend.

Cloudy

Banned
Okay, I'm down. If there's no fantasy draft then put me down for the Thuggets. If there is then I'll take the Bobcats (orange unis FTW).

You can get the Nuggets

GT: LiveFromKyoto
Don't have AIM, but I can be PMed here. If it's totally crucial then I'll DL it.

AIM is required

Are only the teams with human players active in the league ?

yep

Does the league involve the practice schedule that the franchise mode has? Like, can I run my guys through intense shootarounds, or have Eduardo Najera training day & night to become the world's most dominant shot blocker?

Nope

How many games long is the season?

Anywhere from 8-82. We'll vote on it..

Is there a league/commish veto for trades? Like, if some guy doesn't know what he's doing and gives up Kirilenko (just picking a random good player here) for Smush, is there any way to disallow that stuff?

yep. I have to approve every trade and I won't approve lop-sided deals. Also, there is a trade deadline halfway thru the season..

Dangit! Just missed the last spot! My phone rang wihle I was typing :(

Technically, you posted before Allen so you can both be in the tourney while I take the last team by expanding it to 10. There has to be an admin for the tourney anyways...

Cloudy said:
Technically, you posted before Allen so you can both be in the tourney while I take the last team by expanding it to 10. There has to be an admin for the tourney anyways...

Awesome! Thanks man. My AIM is GAFStopSnitchin

3967366_200X150.jpg

AkaBalla said:
82 games = 30 teams.. Plain and simple..

It's unworkable. With a commitment like that, half the teams would lose interest pretty quickly as the weaker squads get left behind. Whoever ends up with the Hawks will have a tough time finding the motivation to play out a 40 game string.

I think one, maybe two games per week is best for scheduling purposes. A 38 game schedule lets you play home & away with every other team.

Sanjuro

I'm looking to get back into league play Cloudy, is there any room anywhere or a standby?

GT-SanjuroTsubaki/AIM-Sanjuromifune

I'm from south of Boston, so would love to have my Celts.

LiveFromKyoto said:
It's unworkable. With a commitment like that, half the teams would lose interest pretty quickly as the weaker squads get left behind. Whoever ends up with the Hawks will have a tough time finding the motivation to play out a 40 game string.

I think one, maybe two games per week is best for scheduling purposes. A 38 game schedule lets you play home & away with every other team.

yeah if its 82 games thats crazy i doubt i'd do it. Having everyone play twice seems like a good enough schedule to me.

Cloudy

Banned
With 20 players, I'm thinking a 24-30 gm sched and 8-10 playoff teams. I will have polls on the league site for all this stuff though...

I'm looking to get back into league play Cloudy, is there any room anywhere or a standby?

I'll put you down as a tourney alternate in case someone can't play..

AkaBalla

SanjuroTsubaki said:

GT-SanjuroTsubaki/AIM-Sanjuromifune

I'm from south of Boston, so would love to have my Celts.

Sorry man, I am still holding onto my Celts i could say defending Champ Celts. :D

Top Bottom