• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

Smokey

Ah I knew I was forgetting one:

viakado said:
true, i'll be home around 8:30 pm PST. hopefully we can get our game going.
which reminds me, i still need to move shaq for a 3 before tonight's game. anyone still interested?:D

kado or true your game still going down?

My next 5 is...
Hunter D
Bobcats?
FMT
Pistons (sorry couldn't remember your spelling)
CB

anyone want to get it done with tonight?

daw840

Once Viakado's game is done and the week advances does anyone on my schedule want to play?

Philadelphia 76ers
San Antonio Spurs
Charlotte Bobcats
Dallas Mavericks
Detroit Pistons

FMT, you know you want some!

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Smokey --- Cloudy says that he'll play me --- after the Lakers/Nuggets game. :(

Last night he couldn't until after the Lakers/Suns ...

Any problem waiting for us, assuming he gets on?

Smokey

anachronous_one said:
Smokey --- Cloudy says that he'll play me --- after the Lakers/Nuggets game. :(

Last night he couldn't until after the Lakers/Suns ...

Any problem waiting for us, assuming he gets on?

okay

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Sorry, Smokey, I got your challenge but there's only 3 minutes left in the Lakers game, and I really wanna get my last round 2 game with Cloudy outta the way. rain check?

Smokey

anachronous_one said:
Sorry, Smokey, I got your challenge but there's only 3 minutes left in the Lakers game, and I really wanna get my last round 2 game with Cloudy outta the way. rain check?

it's cool i was just looking at the league settings and standings, and i figured you were waiting on him.

my next 4:

Hawks
Clippers
Blazers
Spurs

i'm not hard to get in touch w/.

Smokey said:
it's cool i was just looking at the league settings and standings, and i figured you were waiting on him.

my next 4:

Hawks
Clippers
Blazers
Spurs

i'm not hard to get in touch w/.

really? i never see you posting here.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
My next 5 (Wave 3):

@ Orlando Magic
@ New York Knicks
@ Utah Jazz
@ Phoenix Suns
@ Denver Nuggets

I'm usually on Live after 8pm or 9pm Eastern.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
@ Orlando Magic
@ New York Knicks
@ Utah Jazz
@ Phoenix Suns
@ Denver Nuggets

Anyone available for their game right now, so that tonight isn't a total waste of a lte night? ;-)

Smokey

WEEK 3 IS HERE

This is the last week that trades can be made. After this it's ova. We are approaching the 1/2 way mark, and at the start of each week I will be posting the standings as we the playoff picture starts to become clearer. SO, here they are:

1. Houston (10-0)
  2. Heat (9-1)
  3. Blazers (8-2)
  4. Suns (8-2)
  5. Sarah Palins aka Mavericks (8-2)
  6. Magic (7-3)
  7. Raptors (6-4)
  8. Jazz (6-4)
  9. Cavs (6-4)
  10. Hawks (5-5)
  11. Pistons (5-5)
  12. Lakers (5-5)
  13. Hornets (4-6)
  14. Spurs (4-6)
  15. Clippers (4-6)
  16. Nuggets (4-6)
    ---
  17. Nets (3-7)
  18. Bulls (3-7)
  19. Sixers (no owner) (2-8)
  20. Knicks (2-8)
  21. Bucks (1-9)
  22. Bobcats (no owner) (0-10)

The teams below the --- represent those who would be out of playoffs if they started today.

Obviously everybody scheduled to play the Sixers and Bobcats will receive wins this week because they have no owner.

Sliders have been adjusted.

Also make sure to PM your opponent on here as well if you can't get ahold of them on XBL. Also check profile as sometimes their AIM handle is listed.

Deadline for week 3 will be Wednesday December 3rd...11 days

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Smokey if you get a chance can you please process my trade with Viakado? He didn't mean to approve the trade I had offered him, so we have traded back. I'm heading to bed and I don't see an option for an admin to process the trade from the website.

Thanks man.

Smokey

Truelize said:
Smokey if you get a chance can you please process my trade with Viakado? He didn't mean to approve the trade I had offered him, so we have traded back. I'm heading to bed and I don't see an option for an admin to process the trade from the website.

Thanks man.

Alright I'll look at it.

trade has been approved

---

Deadline for week 3 will be Wednesday December 3rd...11 days

Hey guys nice to see the seasons going well.

Was thinking about picking up 2k9 soon. Have the bugs been fixed and is the online back to at least 2k8 standards?

Dark FaZe said:
Hey guys nice to see the seasons going well.

Was thinking about picking up 2k9 soon. Have the bugs been fixed and is the online back to at least 2k8 standards?
yeah, i consider it fine now. maybe except the 5 0n 5 play. haven't touch that for a while.

on another note. The Atlanta hawks would like to present its newest members, Andre kirilenko and Paul Milsap:D
an official quote from the front office.
"Although we as an organization loved shaq and his presence down low, we felt his game was not fully utilized in our agenda and play style. we wish shaq the best in future endevours. With Andre and paul to shore up the power forward and small foward positions, we feel comfortable going far in the playoffs and possibly fighting Houston Rockets for the right to go the Finals."
kirilenko.jpg

340x.jpg

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Los Angeles Clippers
New Orleans Hornets
Toronto Raptors
New Jersey Nets
Orlando Magic

when are you guys available?

what the F! me and daw are playing and now its stuck in a continuous loop where it just zooms in on shane battier. he is hurt apparently. can't take a TO or get out of the loop! anyone know how to get out of this? fucking bullcrap!

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
what the F! me and daw are playing and now its stuck in a continuous loop where it just zooms in on shane battier. he is hurt apparently. can't take a TO or get out of the loop! anyone know how to get out of this? fucking bullcrap!

IDK man, I guess we will just have to reset the game. Fucking crap. This is the first freeze I have had in this game.

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
we'll have to play later davis, the game gave me the win and smokey will need to reset. that was going to be a high scoring game too :(

57-45 early in the 3rd!

Alright, Smokey reset the game please. When do you want to try this again Jeff?

BigAT

@ Los Angeles Lakers
@ Chicago Bulls
@ Miami Heat
@ Cleveland Cavaliers
@ Atlanta Hawks

Ratpors here, I'll be around the rest of the day, let me know if any of you are available.

BigAT said:
@ Los Angeles Lakers
@ Chicago Bulls
@ Miami Heat
@ Cleveland Cavaliers
@ Atlanta Hawks

Ratpors here, I'll be around the rest of the day, let me know if any of you are available.
i'll be available after 2pm pst.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
BigAT said:
@ Los Angeles Lakers
@ Chicago Bulls
@ Miami Heat
@ Cleveland Cavaliers
@ Atlanta Hawks

im available right now, can you play?

AirBrian

BigAT, want to roll after Cerrius? Any of my other opponents want to go now?

My next 5 opponents:

New Orleans Hornets (Mrbob)
Toronto Raptors (BigAT)
New Jersey Nets (cloudy)
Orlando Magic (DM)
New York Knicks (DCX)

Also, hey Smokey, how does the coin-toss work? Does it just sim the game and you assign a winner? Or does it just sim the game and whatever happens happens? I wasn't expecting full stats for those couple of games.

Smokey

AirBrian said:
BigAT, want to roll after Cerrius? Any of my other opponents want to go now?

My next 5 opponents:

New Orleans Hornets (Mrbob)
Toronto Raptors (BigAT)
New Jersey Nets (cloudy)
Orlando Magic (DM)
New York Knicks (DCX)

Also, hey Smokey, how does the coin-toss work? Does it just sim the game and you assign a winner? Or does it just sim the game and whatever happens happens? I wasn't expecting full stats for those couple of games.

If I sim the games using the website, no stats are recorded. If I sim the game through NBA2K9 then that's when stats do get recorded. That's what I did last night, just to make it a little more realistic. What I did last night was pick randomly assign winner, and the game does just that and comes up w/ it's own stats etc.

And it looks like they did add in the ability for me to choose a winner as well as randomly determine a winner as this option was not there before.

---

Deadline Wed December 3rd..11 days

bigat, im ready to play if you're around.and that goes anybody that scheduled to play the hawks.

...does anyone wanna scrimmage? i wanna use my new players.

Top Bottom