• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

daw840

Hunter D said:
No. Don't. Can't get 2k to load. I think the update killed my system. Can't get any games to boot up.

This is my second xbox and I think I'm done with them if this one is broke since I bought it a month ago.

OK. Games only seem to work when I'm not connected to live. Fucking bullshit update.

Only your second? C'mon, I have had 5!

Hunter D

daw840 said:
Only your second? C'mon, I have had 5!
I don't put up with broken shit. I had two broken ps2's and gave up after the second one.

Shit is working now.

I see people I should be playing playing other games so I hope no one gets mad at me for not playing them.

I won't be on until 11pm eastern at the earliest tomorrow if anyone wants to play.

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
week advances friday right?

be ready dave.... although i probably can't play until sunday :/

MAYBE saturday afternoon, a gigantic maybe

Oh don't be a pussy. You know you want to get schooled by Barry and Melo ASAP.

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
week advances friday right?

be ready dave.... although i probably can't play until sunday :/

MAYBE saturday afternoon, a gigantic maybe

11pm central time sharp!

And to avoid what happened last week, if somebody is going to be playing a game close to that time please say something in this thread a head of time before I advance the week.

Once you advance you cannot go back.

ecnal

Hunter D said:
I don't put up with broken shit. I had two broken ps2's and gave up after the second one.

Shit is working now.

I see people I should be playing playing other games so I hope no one gets mad at me for not playing them.

I won't be on until 11pm eastern at the earliest tomorrow if anyone wants to play.

i'll be here tomorrow to play (jazz).

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
pheeniks said:
I'm going to start putting my Nash-Stoudemire/Smith alley-oops on the page. Houston can't have EVERY highlight.

I don't think the gametrack saves alley oops.

I tried saving a Wade to Beasley alley oop from one of our games and I couldn't find it.

DCX

DCX
Hunter D said:

Shit is working now.

I'll meet you then.

DCX

viakado said:
why do you suck so hard with nash?

no idea. he started out the year as a great shooter but that's disappeared

thanks for lighting a fire under his/my ass!

btw, clippers=unreachable. i want that game as my win.

Smokey

Cerrius said:
I don't think the gametrack saves alley oops.

I tried saving a Wade to Beasley alley oop from one of our games and I couldn't find it.

Alot of times they show up as 3 pt shots, but they are there.

pheeniks said:

Have you Pm'd him on GAF? I've done so about 3 times this week and he's gotten back to me every time.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Smokey said:
Alot of times they show up as 3 pt shots, but they are there.

Have you Pm'd him on GAF? I've done so about 3 times this week and he's gotten back to me every time.
Yeah, I've seen them show up as 3-pointers, but I think I've also found them as 2-point jumpshots and even a layup, if I recall correctly!

"Hey! I know, let's 'fix' GameTrack since it works so well!" :-|

Also, I'm greatly relieved that I'm not the only one that witnessed the horror that is Eric Gordon (athletic PG/SG rookie from U of Indiana, FMT). After I posted that, I wondered why I hadn't heard anyone else mention him before.

EDIT:
Cloudy - Nets - cloud2k
kirbybreezy - Blazers - fivering

We need to get our games in tonight, guys! I won't be around tomorrow night!

BigAT

So this is the second round in a row that I have had 4 of my games played and the missing opponent has 0-1 games played for the round. I really don't feel like I should have to deal with a coinflip in these situations when one player is clearly getting their games in and the other player clearly is not.

guys smokey doesn't have the option to assign wins. when the league advances, the system automatically does it and randomly assigns a winner. blame 2k, not smokey

Is there a way we can use the same living roster as regular online games. It seems to league is using the Day 1 roster. I understand we have trades etc. that change that, but the living roster has updated player ratings either boosting or nerfing player ratings according to their performance so far this season.

For example Aaron Brooks went from a 70 to a 78.

Greg Oden from 83 to 80.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys smokey doesn't have the option to assign wins. when the league advances, the system automatically does it and randomly assigns a winner. blame 2k, not smokey
Going on a month and a half, and still no patch, much less a firm ETA. Blame 2K, indeed.

Smokey

kirbybreezy said:
Is there a way we can use the same living roster as regular online games. It seems to league is using the Day 1 roster. I understand we have trades etc. that change that, but the living roster has updated player ratings either boosting or nerfing player ratings according to their performance so far this season.

For example Aaron Brooks went from a 70 to a 78.

Greg Oden from 83 to 80.

Nope.

Talked to a 2K developer about this and she said once you make a league with a roster it's locked for the entire season. Trust me I'd love to have Brooks go from a 70-78 on my squad. Give me another option, but it is what it is.

And again, I have do not have individual control over assigning wins/losses like last season. There's only an option to 'randomly' assign winner. Although I'm thinking it "randomly" assigns these wins based on the record of the two teams that were supposed to play.

Would seem true as when I randomly assigned winners to those who were supposed to play the Bobcats, they all got W's.

DiddyBop

pheeniks said:

dude,you never sent me a PM and you have me on your 360 friendslist:lol . do we have a game this week? if so,we can play tonight if you want.

DiddyBop said:
dude,you never sent me a PM and you have me on your 360 friendslist:lol . do we have a game this week? if so,we can play tonight if you want.

shit. i totally got the guys wrong. i havent been able to reach ramirez

my bad :lol

Smokey

pheeniks said:
shit. i totally got the guys wrong. i havent been able to reach ramirez

my bad :lol

me either so he's probably out.

see him in the halo 3 thread all the time...if he wasn't going to play he could've at least said something.

also if you check your records through the website if it's off don't worry. for some teams it doesn't update for whatever reason, but if you click on your teams name (or whomever) it will take you to that team page and it'll show your last 10 games and everything is correct. Or if it's been more than 10 games click on schedule at the top while on the team home page and all your W/L will be displayed correctly there (not the actual record, but if you count the W-L they will add up).

I dunno what's up it only does this for certain teams, but either way the game has everything correct.

just fyi

ecnal

how long are you going to be around for hunterd?

if possible, can we play after the lakers game? :D

EDIT: actually if you're ready to go, lets go!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i cant take this game. such inbalance all around. i shot 50 % from downtown and still lost. Why? Because i got killed on the offensive boards (Shocking), and he shot 13 FT's to my 0. Yep. all 7 of his blocks and countless other shots altered near the rim were all clean. clean as a whistle. Its like the sliders dont even matter.

Not to mention Charlie V Twisting his ankle trying to get a rebound seemingly no where near him.

Smokey

1932-D_Quarter_Obverse.jpg

11PM CENTRAL we're going to week 3.

If you are going to play around that time post here FIRST so that I do not advance the schedule while you are playing.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Smokey, Cloudy (Nets - cloud2k) and I were not able to get our game in last night due to schedule conflicts. I should be able to get my game in tonight if Cloudy is around after Midnight Eastern/11PM Central tonight.

But if we're the only ones left (I haven't checked), I wouldn't expect any amnesty.

Smokey

Spurs v. Raptors
Spurs v. Nets
Spurs v. Magic

Clippers v. Bucks
Clippers v. Lakers

Clippers v. Bulls

Blazers v. Bulls
Cavs v. Bulls

Hawks v. Cavs
Pistons v. Nets

Smokey

pheeniks said:
WTF I don't even have a week two game with Clippers, just 76ers, who it seems like left the league.

76ers guy I've tried for the past week and a half to get a hold of. I've sent PMs, tried to talk to him on AIM...nothing so I just dropped him. If it's a misunderstanding or w/e then I'll send him a re-invite...but I haven't been able to get in touch with him for like I said for almost 2 weeks.

And pheeniks your schedule doesn't even say you had the Clipps in week 2? You played them already in week 1:lol

Smokey said:
76ers guy I've tried for the past week and a half to get a hold of. I've sent PMs, tried to talk to him on AIM...nothing so I just dropped him. If it's a misunderstanding or w/e then I'll send him a re-invite...but I haven't been able to get in touch with him for like I said for almost 2 weeks.

And pheeniks your schedule doesn't even say you had the Clipps in week 2? You played them already in week 1:lol

yeah i have no idea what that fuss was lol

true, i'll be home around 8:30 pm PST. hopefully we can get our game going.
which reminds me, i still need to move shaq for a 3 before tonight's game. anyone still interested?:D

Smokey

viakado said:
which reminds me, i still need to move shaq for a 3 before tonight's game. anyone still interested?:D

artest for shaq

Mrbob

DCX said:
U do have the Hornets dont you? I offered Marbury and Q for Butler and Julian Wright.

DCX

Yeah I have the hornets...you didn't post it here though. :p

I haven't looked at the 2K site since early in the week since I had all my games done.

Is this a good trade? I'll check it out tonight! I don't want to get taken advatage of for the lack of my basketball sensibilities! :D

viakado said:

granthill.jpg

wants to play for you

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
Yeah I have the hornets...you didn't post it here though. :p

I haven't looked at the 2K site since early in the week since I had all my games done.

Is this a good trade? I'll check it out tonight! I don't want to get taken advatage of for the lack of my basketball sensibilities! :D
It's a great trade!!

DCX

DCX

DCX
Doubt it. Haven't read anything. I'm excited to get this new week started, i'm still losing but losing with hard play.

DCX

Top Bottom