• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

mvp.gif

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
If someone doesn't show up for the draft it will auto draft the highest rated player each time. We had that happen once because someone kept getting booted out of the room.

We had a player drafted onto two teams once somehow and then one of the teams couldn't even play their games because it took that double drafted player off of their team and left them with only 11 players. "Cannot start game without having 12 players dressed"

We had several drafts where the lag was so bad that people wound up with players that they didn't pick. Sometimes way down low in ratings too.

It's been a mess every time so far, so I don't have much faith in the system.

And Pheeniks: I am not a diehard Bron fan. Love watching his highlights but I don't really enjoy watching their games, their offensive is stagnant. I am a Cavs fan though, and I've had a lot of fun figuring out how to use Wally effectively after no one would take him in trade. Gibson is fun and Mo Williams is pretty sweet. My favorite team in the league is the Jazz but they have never been available. I chose the Cavs several years ago because they had Bron and I figured having a good scoring option at his position would help me. It didn't at all because his release was so messed up with lag. Larry Hughes was actually my high scorer that year. Ray Allen is by far my favorite player but the Celtics are usually taken. Plus I don't have interest in having a top rated team. It's been fun using a team rated in the 60s.

I guess I'll try a fantasy league, I don't want to not play the game. But I have zero desire to sit in a lobby doing the draft. Not right now at least. But we shall see what everyone decides.

Smokey

i don't care if this is a scrimmage this is the lamest, dumbest, stupidest game i've ever played.

im selling this pos

DiddyBop

does adjusting things in the coaches profile make your players more tired? as in,if you put everything to the max they will get tired quicker?

ecnal

DiddyBop said:
does adjusting things in the coaches profile make your players more tired? as in,if you put everything to the max they will get tired quicker?

offensive tempo directly affects player's energies...

when i play shaq, i usually play with a slower offensive temp to give him a few more minutes on the court.

i would assume fast break also makes players more tired? that i don't know about...

Smokey

101-67 I lose

tmac 8-19
yao 7-14 whole hand above the damn backboard and misses a layup at the front of the rim. like 8x in a row
iverson 6-20
artest 3-6
murray 2-7
alston 2-7
kleiza 0-3
head 0-2

mrbob beasted me

HARD

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Smokey said:
101-67 I lose

tmac 8-19
yao 7-14 whole hand above the damn backboard and misses a layup at the front of the rim. like 8x in a row
iverson 6-20
artest 3-6
murray 2-7
alston 2-7
kleiza 0-3
head 0-2

Whaaaaaa. Trying playing with a team full of scrubs. that shit happens like every game to me

DiddyBop

sometimes thsi game decides for you if youre going to win or lose,no matter how you play. its the best bball game out but far,far away from a sim game. who did you play smokey?

Smokey

mrbob went into beast mode against me. peja had like 17 pts in the 1st quarter all of 3's. doesn't add up but it damn near seemed like it!

i am now about to put in halo 3 so i can repeatedly shoot ppl in the face.

ecnal

Smokey said:
mrbob went into beast mode against me. peja had like 17 pts in the 1st quarter all of 3's. doesn't add up but it damn near seemed like it!

:lol :lol

that might have been my fault. i suggested to bob that he should utilize peja more. :D

anyways, a number of times we've talked about 'random' shooting woes i've encountered are finally proven as not being my fault! :lol

like diddy said, sometimes it just feels like this game deals you a bad game, and you can't do anything to get out of it.

i kind of like the variance in the games. i don't want to go into a game against the lakers where i know no matter what i do kobe bryant is going to drop 40 on me. kobe bryant has off games, he misses open shots, etc.

i know sometimes the game can go a bit overboard (look at my series against the hawks and dirks numbers for proof), but i have never felt like there is absolutely nothing i could do. i'm sure the game is going to spit in my face soon and ill want to take this back, but i've been able to consistently manufacture points with the mavs. sometimes dirk is on, sometimes stack, sometimes kidd, etc.

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i kind of like the variance in the games. i don't want to go into a game against the lakers where i know no matter what i do kobe bryant is going to drop 40 on me. kobe bryant has off games, he misses open shots, etc.

i know sometimes the game can go a bit overboard (look at my series against the hawks and dirks numbers for proof), but i have never felt like there is absolutely nothing i could do. i'm sure the game is going to spit in my face soon and ill want to take this back, but i've been able to consistently manufacture points with the mavs. sometimes dirk is on, sometimes stack, sometimes kidd, etc.

true,

Mrbob

Peja only had 26 for the game tho. :/

I can thank ecnal for using my boy peja more, dude is deadly now that I got his jumper down. Also True suggested three major changes which I have implemented and now have scored 100+ in two straight games. Thanks True. :D

Now I can proceed to getting destroyed in my league playoff game. :lol

DiddyBop

FrenchMovieTheme said:

yea i swear sometimes its like a minigame trying to find out who is gonna be hot for the game:lol

ecnal

FrenchMovieTheme said:

well, i'm pretty sure the game does purposefully deal players bad games--isn't that what the consistency rating is for?

im fine with that kind of "variance" as well. however, games where your entire team is cold is not even remotely interesting or realistic--especially when they take wide open shots.

but the thing is we complain because this is a game. if the same type of shit happened in real life (and it has), then you just say the other team got lucky because they missed shots. i remember a lakers/spurs series from 03 or 04 (whichever the spurs lost) when i saw the spurs miss open shot after open shot throughout the 5 game series. i mean, WIDE open shit, when they had been good all year. i remember because i talked shit to konex that the lakers had no business winning the series and would have lost if the spurs could have hit an open shot.

point being i dont know if the game pre-determines who will win or lose, but yeah people and teams go through stretches of hotness and cold as fuck.... just like in real life. not suggesting the game is 100% accurate sim potrayal but the misses aren't absolutely outlandish.

ecnal

you have a really good outlook on this game.

and you're right, the frustration does come from the fact that we're playing a game, which generally holds the golden rule of the better player wins--not some kind of 'dice roll' that can force a player to lose.

i need to keep your mentality in mind when korver goes ice cold. it won't hurt as much :lol

DiddyBop

ecnal said:
you have a really good outlook on this game.

and you're right, the frustration does come from the fact that we're playing a game, which generally holds the golden rule of the better player wins--not some kind of 'dice roll' that can force a player to lose.

i need to keep your mentality in mind when korver goes ice cold. it won't hurt as much :lol
exactly,i dont want this to be a 100% sim,if my player is wide open he better hit the damn shot,god knows the computer doesnt miss a wide open shot ever.

and lance,dont worry about korver getting cold,when in doubt he and brewer still have their teleportation devices to fall back on:lol

ecnal

DiddyBop said:
exactly,i dont want this to be a 100% sim,if my player is wide open he better hit the damn shot,god knows the computer doesnt miss a wide open shot ever.

and lance,dont worry about korver getting cold,when in doubt he and brewer still have their teleportation devices to fall back on:lol

:lol

brewer loves his fastbreak dunks!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Mrbob said:
Peja only had 26 for the game tho. :/

I can thank ecnal for using my boy peja more, dude is deadly now that I got his jumper down. Also True suggested three major changes which I have implemented and now have scored 100+ in two straight games. Thanks True. :D

Now I can proceed to getting destroyed in my league playoff game. :lol

Glad to help. Hope those pointers actually make a difference.

Smokey if it's any consolation, Bob murdered me right before he played you. Outrebounded me 45 to 19. How does that even happen? Ridunkulous.

How much does it cost for an out of warranty repair?
In the United States, an out of warranty repair for an original Xbox will cost $74.99 (plus tax), or $94 (plus tax) for an Xbox 360. If your Xbox 360 console is out of warranty, but is showing lights flashing red on the front of the console, the repair is free of charge. However, if we find your console is not showing three red lights, and you submitted it for free repair, we may choose to contact you for payment, or return the console to you unrepaired.

They haven't contacted me but I'm getting a bit nervous here :lol

Smokey

pheeniks said:
How much does it cost for an out of warranty repair?
In the United States, an out of warranty repair for an original Xbox will cost $74.99 (plus tax), or $94 (plus tax) for an Xbox 360. If your Xbox 360 console is out of warranty, but is showing lights flashing red on the front of the console, the repair is free of charge. However, if we find your console is not showing three red lights, and you submitted it for free repair, we may choose to contact you for payment, or return the console to you unrepaired.

They haven't contacted me but I'm getting a bit nervous here :lol

your system didnt have 3Redrings?

FrenchMovieTheme said:
fuck you! :/

Smokey

I'm going to go ahead and set the deadline for the Round 1 playoffs at Monday Jan 12

If we finish before then that's obviously better, but I'll be advancing it on Monday.

Smokey

viakado said:
did it ever cross your mind it could just be the video cables causing the issues?

this happened to me one time. went out and got some cheap cables and all was well until I got ahold of a HDMI cable.

viakado said:
did it ever cross your mind it could just be the video cables causing the issues?

oh yeah i tried three different sets of cables on two different tvs and xboxes. it was definitely the xbox.

Smokey

pheeniks said:
oh yeah i tried three different sets of cables on two different tvs and xboxes. it was definitely the xbox.

oh ok then, would've been pretty shitty if it was just the cables:lol

Mrbob

Smokey we should scrimmage this weekend so I can beat you by 30+ again. :D

Oh god I am sealing my fate for eternity.

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Smokey we should scrimmage this weekend so I can beat you by 30+ again. :D

Oh god I am sealing my fate for eternity.

it wasn't that i got beat by 30+ it was HOW.

I know you saw Yao miss like 7 consecutive layups AT THE FRONT OF THE RIM...when damn near his whole elbow was above the basket.

and when Chris Paul blocked TMAC's dunk I knew it was over!

Smokey said:

it wasn't that i got beat by 30+ it was HOW.

I know you saw Yao miss like 7 consecutive layups AT THE FRONT OF THE RIM...when damn near his whole elbow was above the basket.

and when Chris Paul blocked TMAC's dunk I knew it was over!
not real enough. yao and that 2nd round virgin should be injured every other game for full realistic experience.

Smokey

viakado said:
not real enough. yao and that 2nd round virgin should be injured every other game for full realistic experience.

ill worry about 2nd round virgin u worry about stopping j kidd your next game!

DiddyBop

why didnt anybody tell me about the awesomeness that is the 2k cam?! its like a whole different game! there are still some blind spots but holy this makes the game a lot easier and its the only cam to use if you wanna run plays properly.

Hunter D

I won't have the internet in my home until thursday at the earliest. Right now I'm posting from work because I have no internet connection at home. I'll be able to play my game this week though.

Smokey

DiddyBop said:
why didnt anybody tell me about the awesomeness that is the 2k cam?! its like a whole different game! there are still some blind spots but holy this makes the game a lot easier and its the only cam to use if you wanna run plays properly.

um, you didn't notice everybody going to the camera option before every game?:lol

been using 2k came since 2k1 ride or die!

Top Bottom