• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

Mrbob

To be honest, I really don't want to take the time to learn another team much less a fantasy draft. I don't know the NBA well enough to properly construct a whole team. Besides, with all the crazy trades I've seen this season it is almost the same thing. So if the next season is a fantasy draft I'll sit it out. Let me know ASAP so I can get good trade value for the game after my playoff run is done.

Mrbob

Damn...two playoff series haven't even started yet. :/

It will be Feb by the time the playoffs are done at this pace...mlb the show is coming.

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Damn...two playoff series haven't even started yet. :/

It will be Feb by the time the playoffs are done at this pace...mlb the show is coming.

One series (Nuggets/Suns) there is a legitimate reason...pheeniks' 360 is broke, but MS has it.

Spurs/Lakers there really isn't. AKA has made his schedule known and has PM'd Hunter and has not gotten a response. He can at least stop in and say when he'll be able to play this week or SOMETHING.

DiddyBop

the dream.....is over
4a110b9db169c6cec3dc6b6cf8c3936f-getty-83005903rw028_clippers_kings.jpg

good series encal,you have a lot of wetters on your team,i couldnt really do anything to stop them,goodluck to you.

smokey...this aint over,im coming directly for you next season...you prolly wont have the overrated rockets anymore,and if our scrimmage with the thunder is any indication on which team you'll be using,then you know which team i will be using also,should be fun.

Mrbob

Diddy, I'll be joining you gone fishing soon. :D

Jazz are ridiculous...they are my dark horse team to make the finals.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Smokey said:
Spurs/Lakers there really isn't. AKA has made his schedule known and has PM'd Hunter and has not gotten a response. He can at least stop in and say when he'll be able to play this week or SOMETHING.
Maybe he HAS logged in and posted already --- but the lag from his ISP is so bad, we just haven't seen the message post on our side yet. :lol

Smokey

DiddyBop said:
smokey...this aint over,im coming directly for you next season...you prolly wont have the overrated rockets anymore,and if our scrimmage with the thunder is any indication on which team you'll be using,then you know which team i will be using also,should be fun.

Yeah right son. Keep hope alive, I'll be sure to stop by and pay you a visit after I collect my (hopefully!) 3rd ring. I'll even let you hold it.

Maybe he HAS logged in and posted already --- but the lag from his ISP is so bad, we just haven't seen the message post on our side yet.

:lol

they still havent shipped my 360

why do i check every hour :(

:/

Mrbob said:
Diddy, I'll be joining you gone fishing soon. :D

Jazz are ridiculous...they are my dark horse team to make the finals.

*Checks playoff bracket, sees Jazz are on same side as Tracy Lamar McGrady*

motivation, i can get it from anywhere :)

pheeniks said:
they still havent shipped my 360

why do i check every hour :(
what is lack of social life?

......red gets the square!

edit: fuck. if next season we're going by record, im tied for 10th shittiest. I wont mention who i want, screw you Leastern(Platinum) conference for having such a shitfest of a record.

Mrbob

Oh yes Smokey, I took a quick look at the bracket before I made the comment. :D

Sorry ecnal, didn't mean to get you into trouble. :lol

Smokey

viakado said:
what is lack of social life?

......red gets the square!

edit: fuck. if next season we're going by record, im tied for 10th shittiest. I wont mention who i want, screw you Leastern(Platinum) conference for having such a shitfest of a record.

Ha

ecnal said:

if this game were more realistic, mcgrady and/or yao would be hurt by the time i play them :D

!

keep em coming

DCX

DCX
Let it be known, i had Lebron for one season ( got MVP with him ) i really dont like his shot...although getting him number one might net me a boat load in a trade :D Tru and i had a great draft plan going into the last Fantasy Draft 2k league.

DCX

DiddyBop

why isnt yao out with a big toe boo-boo? 2k9 is a world where kobe is out for the season while yao and tmac have been injury free.....2K9,where amazing happens!

AkaBalla

Draft league can be set up in different ways to prevent stacking.. We did that when i was commish.. Something like

1 90+ rated player
2 85-89's
2 80-84's and the rest under 80..

It's possible

DiddyBop

AkaBalla said:
Draft league can be set up in different ways to prevent stacking.. We did that when i was commish.. Something like

1 90+ rated player
2 85-89's
2 80-84's and the rest under 80..

It's possible
that wouldnt even be necessary. im sure everyone here knows enough about nba basketball so everything will balance out,its just like fantasy bball.

AkaBalla

DiddyBop said:
that wouldnt even be necessary. im sure everyone here knows enough about nba basketball so everything will balance out,its just like fantasy bball.

Its not like fantasy basketball because we are playing the games.. It's not like were simming them..

DiddyBop

i meant as in if people know what they are doing there will be no need for restrictions in drafting. teams will naturally balance out. unless you are saying you have no faith in the bball knowledge of the ppl in our league.

AkaBalla

DiddyBop said:
i meant as in if people know what they are doing there will be no need for restrictions in drafting. teams will naturally balance out. unless you are saying you have no faith in the bball knowledge of the ppl in our league.

No i am trying to say that if we allow allstar teams there's no fun to it..Drafts should be about knowledge of the game and players... Not oh crap i have Nash, Paul or Kidd to choose from with the last pick to make my dream team..(sarcastic of course)

AkaBalla

DiddyBop said:
yea thats true. we should just use real teams then i think

No thats why we can draft with the draft restrictions.. it's alot of fun and alot of strategy to build your team. Thats Fantasy.

ecnal

AkaBalla said:
No i am trying to say that if we allow allstar teams there's no fun to it..Drafts should be about knowledge of the game and players... Not oh crap i have Nash, Paul or Kidd to choose from with the last pick to make my dream team..(sarcastic of course)

well, that should be nearly impossible if we had the same amount of teams again.

people would have 1, maybe 2 90+ rated players. with the majority of teams having the bulk of their players in the 70-89 range.

and even if teams had 2 90+ rated players, that's no different than nearly half the teams as-is.

i think the best thing to come out of the draft would be more balanced teams because no one gets stuck with knicks/okc/wolves/griz/etc. everyone will have sufficient players to win games, and no one can complain that "i have x team and can't win games."

a draft restriction might help eliminate some reservations that other potential players have though.

AkaBalla

ecnal said:
well, that should be nearly impossible if we had the same amount of teams again.

people would have 1, maybe 2 90+ rated players. with the majority of teams having the bulk of their players in the 70-89 range.

and even if teams had 2 90+ rated players, that's no different than nearly half the teams as-is.

i think the best thing to come out of the draft would be more balanced teams because no one gets stuck with knicks/okc/wolves/griz/etc. everyone will have sufficient players to win games, and no one can complain that "i have x team and can't win games."

a draft restriction might help eliminate some reservations that other potential players have though.

Exactly a level playing field thats was my point without a dream team

ecnal

ya, i totally agree with you.

the problem seems that people are auto-bailing out of the league if we go fantasy, which would make the dream team scenario much more feasible.

i think if we still can get ~20 people again, we should make the league as balanced as possible--aka fantasy.

AkaBalla

Hunter i wont be around Weds night as something came up.. So i guess dont even bother trying to get in contact with me.. Bec im only avail 9p-11p est Thursday night and that isnt enough tme to complete a potential 7 game series..

Good luck in the sim..

I apologize to the others who have been playing...

yeah i think we should just play with the teams we pick, but i will still play next season if we do fantasy draft.

i've just seen too many fantasy drafts fall apart so whatever

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah i think we should just play with the teams we pick, but i will still play next season if we do fantasy draft.

we can make it work!
the worst part is getting a time for everyone

ecnal

FrenchMovieTheme said:

who cares about fantasy leagues...

BRING ON DIRK :lol

my series with viak isn't done yet. i might be up 3-0, but all 3 games were close ain the 2nd half before i pulled it out.

i dont even want to start thinking about that bitch nash

Top Bottom