• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

ecnal

is xbl running slow for anyone else?

everything is super slow on by xbox, and xbox.com is slow.

just me? or other people experiencing the same thing?

AkaBalla

I can play 2 possibly 3 right now if we start within the next 10 mins then im good Sun and Mon 9p-11p est.... Your on ur dashboard now.. Lets do it..

fantasy draft is fun in theory, but hear me now and believe me later when i say it will either single handedly ruin the season or it will dampen the fun so significantly that the game will feel like a chore to play.

as i said im in either way, but i already know how the "fantasy draft omg fucking cool!" story ends

Mrbob

So are we doing a fantasy draft?

Would like to know, since I'm heading to EB in an hour. It is cool if you guys want to do a fantasy draft, but if you are I'm going to bow out and trade my game in. I don't have time to do one.

Birdman02

I know I'm not actually in the league yet, buy my vote for next season is no fantasy draft. Like FMT has been saying, it almost NEVER ends well.

Either way, I still want in.

Mrbob

DiddyBop said:
fantasy draft so bad you'd trade in the game? wow. i still dont mind either way.

Well, I only play this game for the league so...I'm struggling as it is to use the hornets who are one of the top 5 teams in the game. There isn't any way I can construct a team and be competitive. I don't really follow basketball like I do other sports.

Oh and I did keep the game for now.

Smokey

I haven't said anything about next season as I'd like to actually finish this one first:lol

..but I'm leaning more towards no fantasy draft.

Tomorrow is deadline.. 9p central. Looks like I'll have some simming to do unfortunately.............

All day today to play and well into the evening tomorrow. Please do not wait until 8:45 to play...

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
I haven't said anything about next season as I'd like to actually finish this one first:lol

..but I'm leaning more towards no fantasy draft.

Tomorrow is deadline.. 9p central. Looks like I'll have some simming to do unfortunately.............

All day today to play and well into the evening tomorrow. Please do not wait until 8:45 to play...
Whoever wins so do I :) First pick at team/player

DCX

Smokey

You are correct. This was a feature we just had time to add on the website so the console doesn't regognize that their are specific conf/div's. However, the admin should be able to adjust the matchups on the website before generating the playoffs so that the matchups correspond with the conf/div seedings.

But there was no option for me to re-arrange the matchups on website BEFORE I generated the schedule. Of course I didn't know (like she mentioned) that the game doesn't recognize the divisions through the console and instead goes by overall record.

DiddyBop

well,bob's reason for wanting a team draft is understandable,and since maybe a few others prolly wouldnt be able to construct a decent team,we should just do the traditional league.problem is,how do we know who gets to pick where? whoever wins the championship should have the option to keep their team,thats a given,but after that....i dunno.

its simple to determine draft order. you give the champ an option to keep his team. if he doesn't, he is the last to select. THEN, you take the people who didn't make the playoffs and assign them spots by records (person with the worst record gets #1 pick, etc). then you take the playoffs and assign spots by how far you got in the playoffs. easily as that ladies!

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
its simple to determine draft order. you give the champ an option to keep his team. if he doesn't, he is the last to select. THEN, you take the people who didn't make the playoffs and assign them spots by records (person with the worst record gets #1 pick, etc). then you take the playoffs and assign spots by how far you got in the playoffs. easily as that ladies!
Hence, DCX is officially on the clock :D

DCX

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:

This is pretty much how it would be done. Wouldn't be hard at all.

So yes DCX...you are "unofficially" on the clock!

Top Bottom