• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DCX with the Knicks? Really? A New Yorker wants L.A.? Isn't that against the rules or something?

I'm not overly concerned with who I get next season. I would love to keep the Cavs because I know the team but they are rated 67 so having a better overall team wouldn't kill me.

I wont stoop as low as CB3 did and take the Bucks though. That was death right there :)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Truelize said:
DCX with the Knicks? Really? A New Yorker wants L.A.? Isn't that against the rules or something?

I'm not overly concerned with who I get next season. I would love to keep the Cavs because I know the team but they are rated 67 so having a better overall team wouldn't kill me.

I wont stoop as low as CB3 did and take the Bucks though. That was death right there :)
it wouldnt have been so bad if my best player to start wasnt a curse to every team he ended up on that season

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
CB3 said:
it wouldnt have been so bad if my best player to start wasnt a curse to every team he ended up on that season

Was he really that bad? Is his release just broken? I know his stats aren't bad or anything.

DiddyBop

im sure im going to be able to get one of my teams,i tend to gravitate towards lower tier teams. clips will be retired though. nerfed baron,injured kaman and davis,and retired mobley. not even the addition of randolph can offset that mess.

DCX

DCX
I'm more of Hornets type of guy, but if i can use Crawford and play him like Kome, imagine Kome for real?! :lol :lol I did my tour as a fan already with the Knicks season 1, as i did in Madden with the Falcons.

DCX

i kind of want the mavs back because i think they are the only reason i was good this season. every prior season ive ever played i got fucking stomped. i dont know what i would do without a great PG on defense and dirk, who doesn't need an open look to knock a shot down.

luckily i will win the title so i wont have to worry about it

Mrbob

You know, if you don't finish a playoff series you should automatically be pushed towards the end to pick new teams for the next season.

Hunter D

Smokey said:
cavs/pistons
lakers/spurs

going to play? leave it to coin flip? really?
Going to play.

Mrbob said:
You know, if you don't finish a playoff series you should automatically be pushed towards the end to pick new teams for the next season.

Get the fuck out of here. I spent money and changed my internet just to get in this league.

ecnal

Hunter D said:
Going to play.

Get the fuck out of here. I spent money and changed my internet just to get in this league.

what do you mean to get in the league?

you barely played half your games. you just now made it possible for people to get their games in with you.

instead of going off on bob, maybe you should start by apologizing to the rest of us--you know, the ones who actually put time and effort into playing our games for the entire season.

Mrbob

Yeah I wasn't trying to stir things up. I know pheeniks had his system die so that is an issue. But Hunter I spent over 5 days tracking you down for our game man. You don't respond very often. But if you are ready to go for the next season then it is all good!

Hunter D

Fuck it I'll take the last spot. You can pick my team if you want. I wasn't dodging games. I just spent a 120 on a gaming router, 100 on a 360 router, and terminated my verizon contract just to get a better connection for the league. Really I just want to play and right now I don't give a fuck what team I get now. You all can give aka the series and just pm whatever team you want to give me for the next season. I just want to play. Next season if you're on my schedule just message me my GT is Charsace.

Smokey

Hunter D said:
Fuck it I'll take the last spot. You can pick my team if you want. I wasn't dodging games. I just spent a 120 on a gaming router, 100 on a 360 router, and terminated my verizon contract just to get a better connection for the league. Really I just want to play and right now I don't give a fuck what team I get now. You all can give aka the series and just pm whatever team you want to give me for the next season. I just want to play. Next season if you're on my schedule just message me my GT is Charsace.

So you're forfeiting the series...but then want back in next season?

Is this correct?

FrenchMovieTheme said:
smokey let me know your availability for the conference championship week, thanks

:lol im only in 2nd round. can't get farther than that if i don't take care of business!

ecnal

totallycute.jpg

no comment :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
ecnal said:

Me and you and you and me
No matter how they toss the dice, it has to be
The only one for me is you, and you for me
So happy together

I can't see me lovin' nobody but you
For all my life
When you're with me, baby the skies'll be blue
For all my life

ecnal

Mrbob said:
Where do all these Dirk and Nash pics come from? :lol

i was searching google for a good pic of nash crossing over dirk or scoring on him (something to that nature), and that's the pic that comes up :lol :lol :lol

Hunter D

Smokey said:
So you're forfeiting the series...but then want back in next season?

Is this correct?

:lol im only in 2nd round. can't get farther than that if i don't take care of business!
I shouldn't be in the playoffs anyways so just give him the series and pm me my team for the next season.

I play video games because they're fun. I spent money on my setup bcause I want to play, but I don't want to be stressing things so just pm me my team and league info for the second season.

I look forward to playing some of you bitches next season now that I have shit running well.

Smokey

Hunter D said:
I shouldn't be in the playoffs anyways so just give him the series and pm me my team for the next season.

I play video games because they're fun. I spent money on my setup bcause I want to play, but I don't want to be stressing things so just pm me my team and league info for the second season.

What is stressful? Finding the time to meet up for your opponents for games? If that's what's you're saying...that's part of being in a league. I stated in the very beginning don't sign up if you don't think you're gonna have the time to play, as the season usually takes 2-3 months.

And if you spent money to play...then PLAY. I mean you're not out of the playoffs...you're series is still on until tomorrow.

But fact is you are in. And I'm saying that doesn't send a good signal when you BAIL in the PLAYOFFS and then automatically think that's okay and want back in for the next season.

Mrbob

ecnal said:
i was searching google for a good pic of nash crossing over dirk or scoring on him (something to that nature), and that's the pic that comes up :lol :lol :lol

:lol Awesome.

BTW I am pumping you up to FMT on aim, don't let me down! Pressure is on! :lol

hunter stop being passive aggressive. bob had trouble getting ahold of you in your game against him, is he wrong? just pointing out a fact. no one is saying your should forefit.... infact no one was saying you should be knocked down in the draft rating, just a suggestion!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
hunter stop being passive aggressive. bob had trouble getting ahold of you in your game against him, is he wrong? just pointing out a fact. no one is saying your should forefit.... infact no one was saying you should be knocked down in the draft rating, just a suggestion!
quiet you, McGirk is mine next season!

ecnal

Mrbob said:
:lol Awesome.

BTW I am pumping you up to FMT on aim, don't let me down! Pressure is on! :lol

there will be no disappointments :D

unless of course you consider dirk's hopes and dreams getting crushed a disappointment. jk FMT :)

Mrbob

My finals prediction....Jazz versus Trailblazers.

I have seen the future!

Anyone want to scrim? I want to try out different teams since I know NO will be off the table.

Hunter D

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Its ok I have everything working now so next season I won't be dodging people. I'm not going to hide anymore because I spent a decent amount not to.

ecnal

Mrbob said:
My finals prediction....Jazz versus Trailblazers.

I have seen the future!

Anyone want to scrim? I want to try out different teams since I know NO will be off the table.

ill scrim you in 30 min if you can wait.

Mrbob

Ohhh how do i pick another team?

I challenged from the league...I guess i'm stuck with the hornets for now?

I want to try out other teams.

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Ohhh how do i pick another team?

I challenged from the league...I guess i'm stuck with the hornets for now?

I want to try out other teams.

You have to create a player match(has nothing to do with league).

When you long onto XBL, at the main menu there's an option for player match ->create custom match. Go there and you can set how you want your game.

Once in lobby, pull up your friends list and invite whomever to play.

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
smokey why dont you just advance now? the people who haven't played yet aren't going to be playing multiple games in the next 24 hours

You never know.

For instance the Cavs/Pistons gam is 2-2. So at most...that's 3 more games total.

They're actually playing Game 5 right now--85-79 pistons 4th qtr.

ecnal

after they're--cavs/pistons--done with their series, can we advance early?

or are lakers/spurs going to finish before the deadline?

Smokey

after cavs/lakers im advancing to round 2

and they're done pistons win.

ill be advancing in about 10 minutes. gotta do it through console.

Top Bottom