• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

AkaBalla

Hunter D said:
I won't have the internet in my home until thursday at the earliest. Right now I'm posting from work because I have no internet connection at home. I'll be able to play my game this week though.

Thurs 9p-11p est
Fri 9a-2p est & 9p-11p est
Sat N/A cant commit to a time but might be around
Sun 9p-11p est

Hunter D

DiddyBop said:
why didnt anybody tell me about the awesomeness that is the 2k cam?! its like a whole different game! there are still some blind spots but holy this makes the game a lot easier and its the only cam to use if you wanna run plays properly.
I've been using it since patch. Best camera view in the history of sports games.

mcgirk will be waiting.... or will it be kidd, terry, stack, or dampier?

ok the last name was a joke. i don't think i ever have or ever will run a set play for that bitch

Mrbob

Don't let FMT off easy...make him work for it!

Elimination games show your true worth as a player! Can you extend the series? Make an epic 4 game run sweep on him and knock him out! :D

Mrbob said:
Don't let FMT off easy...make him work for it!

Elimination games show your true worth as a player! Can you extend the series? Make an epic 4 game run sweep on him and knock him out! :D
i'll replicate what the hawks did in the playoffs last year!

Mrbob

I wish we could spectate these playoff games, but I know the online net code is bad enough already. Wouldn't want to strain it any more.

good series viak. i think all of the games really could have gone either way. i always seem to build a double digit lead early and then you would come back to within a couple points but never seem to take a lead. what won the series for me was offensive rebounding and turnovers.

but jesus andruw bynum is a monster. he was hitting fade away 15 foot J's on me, raping me on the inside, blocking my shots.... i saw you were subbing him out periodically so i assume he fatigues fast. that is what i love about jason kidd, motherfucker could probably play all game and still be productive. some of my other players tire very quickly.

also, the shot you took with barbosa when you were down 3 with about 30 seconds left was bad. i dont know if you anticipated me running up, but you took a sideways jumping 3 when you could have set and popped for the 3. i dont know if it would have mattered, barbosa was having an off night.

anyhow good series.... hope you are in my division next season!

that shot was by barbosa was accident. damn dog kept pestering me. But alas good series FMT.

and i would like to thank the services of Barbosa, Bell, Sexy, kirilenko and the gazillion players i traded.

May the best team win in Season 6!

Mrbob

Could you play today...in say about an hour?

I need to head out but I'll have a couple hours free this afternoon.

I could get one game in then. Probably the only one we'll need. :lol

Mrbob

Just got done losing to smokey, had a shot but M James blew it for me. :lol

Can't play anymore for the day sorry. :(

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Just got done losing to smokey, had a shot but M James blew it for me. :lol

Can't play anymore for the day sorry. :(

gg mr bob.

yes, james def hurt you:lol

oh and again:

MONDAY IS THE ROUND 1 PLAYOFF DEADLINE

ecnal

monday will be a glorious day.

i need to find that gif of dirk kicking trashcans, and trying to knock over that exercise cycle after they lost game 5 vs the heat.

it will come in handy. :lol

does this mean that denver gets past the first round automatically?

microsoft hasn't done shit wth my xbox. denver you got off the hook....

Hey guys, I'm back from the (GAF) dead. I just wanted to pop in here and say that I should be good to go for season 2 of NBA 2k9 league. Either a fantasy draft or regular league would be good. I should have my 360 back online in a few days and ready to play some scrimmages.

DCX

DCX
ChrisJames said:
Hey guys, I'm back from the (GAF) dead. I just wanted to pop in here and say that I should be good to go for season 2 of NBA 2k9 league. Either a fantasy draft or regular league would be good. I should have my 360 back online in a few days and ready to play some scrimmages.
Mister Chris, we have missed you!

DCX

ChrisJames said:

welcome back!

Smokey

ChrisJames said:

he's alive!

Mrbob

Are you playing another game while someone is streaming vids kirby? :(

That was the laggiest game I've ever played. You can have the series win.

You were running around my guys with Roy thanks to massive lag and getting layup or getting a free open shot. That's no fun. I honestly have no idea how you would even hit some of those jumpers, chugging. He must be that good.

39 points with Roy with 18 in the paint...and not even halftime. Impossible to play d against him manually since you would run around me and if I let the cpu play him they wouldn't contest shots.

Mrbob said:
Are you playing another game while someone is streaming vids kirby? :(

That was the laggiest game I've ever played. You can have the series win.

You were running around my guys with Roy thanks to massive lag and getting layup or getting a free open shot. That's no fun. I honestly have no idea how you would even hit some of those jumpers, chugging. He must be that good.

39 points with Roy with 18 in the paint...and not even halftime. Impossible to play d against him manually since you would run around me and if I let the cpu play him they wouldn't contest shots.

It started getting laggy near the end of the second qtr. I would let you reset the game if you thought it was too laggy, but you quit in the middle of the game....

I'm more pissed at my Damm ISP then anything, we were supposed to have 7mbps service like before Christmas, yet I can only do max 800-900 kbps down and 700 up. Supposed to get a new modem Friday but I have my doubts it will get here on time, or if it will fix the problem.

Mrbob

kirbybreezy said:
It started getting laggy near the end of the second qtr. I would let you reset the game if you thought it was too laggy, but you quit in the middle of the game....

It was laggy from the start. You would literally run around my guy on D.

I couldn't figure out a way to send you an xbox live message...was looking for your name but I forgot what it was. :/

Roy has kicked my butt all series. He nearly matched his high point total against me in a total game with 3 minutes left in the half. 39 of your 54 points were from one guy before halftime dude. C'mon don't you that's odd.

Mrbob said:
It was laggy from the start. You would literally run around my guy on D.

I couldn't figure out a way to send you an xbox live message...was looking for your name but I forgot what it was. :/

bro if it was that bad for you, and that is why you couldn't stick D than by all means lets reset.

I dont want any asterisks by my name when I take home the ship.

Mrbob

The only reason I bring it up about the video was that you mentioned in the first game you had a family member streaming a video online during our game.

It is up to you though if you want to replay. I'm barely going to be home next week anyway for about the next 10 days so it isn't like I'll be able to have timely appearances for my 2nd round game anyway if I were lucky enough to make it.

Mrbob said:
The only reason I bring it up about the video was that you mentioned in the first game you had a family member streaming a video online during our game.

It is up to you though if you want to replay. I'm barely going to be home next week anyway for about the next 10 days so it isn't like I'll be able to have timely appearances for my 2nd round game anyway if I were lucky enough to make it.

yes, someone was streaming vids. And that someone has an uncanny ability to do it when and only when I play a 32 minute 2k9 game.

I approve a reset...Although you could have let me finish the game and save my Roy highlights >.> tainted or not lol

Mrbob

All right, but I can't play anymore tonight.

Please promise me no more streaming videos when we play. :lol You are already good enough to beat me by double digit points without me having the non ability to play D.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
ChrisJames said:

Chris!!! You live!!! Right on man. Welcome back!!

You need to send me a friend invite on Xbox Live again. I deleted you to make room for someone else cause I hadn't seen or heard from you in months. Good to know you still do that breathing thing.

Top Bottom