• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

FUCK YES

FUCK YES

Current Status Details
We have completed the repair on your console and it is being prepared for shipment.

denver you ain't getting an automatic first round bye!

actually

if they ship it tomorrow then it'll probably get here monday. ups doesn't work saturdays :(

how can we do this series then?

AkaBalla

FrenchMovieTheme said:
stop downloading your Rock Of Love torrents bobby!

Rock of Love Bus series has the hottest girls ever.. Better than those Arabian girls live chat Gaf offers from time to time in there ads..

So somehow I managed to check the site THE moment they updated it :lol

They've prepared the package to be shipped and it'll be shipped today. I live in the same state (4-5 hours for truck) but I doubt it gets to me today...and UPS doesn't work Saturdays :(

----

scheduled delivery....tuesday

:(

daw840

pheeniks said:
So somehow I managed to check the site THE moment they updated it :lol

They've prepared the package to be shipped and it'll be shipped today. I live in the same state (4-5 hours for truck) but I doubt it gets to me today...and UPS doesn't work Saturdays :(

----

scheduled delivery....tuesday

:(

Wow, my first playoff appearance in 2K and I get a first round win by default. The gods are smiling!

Sucks that they took so long. Whoever beats me in round 2 should get an asterisk saying they should have played Pheeniks:lol :lol

Smokey

daw840 said:
Wow, my first playoff appearance in 2K and I get a first round win by default. The gods are smiling!

Sucks that they took so long. Whoever beats me in round 2 should get an asterisk saying they should have played Pheeniks:lol :lol

It's going to get simmed so you both have a 50/50 chance.

that's what i was going to ask! you guys were making it sound like smokey had some type of control of simming the games in the postseason, which would be ridiculous considering that it was a coinflip in the regular season. but truthfully that would be par for the course with 2k's games :lol

p.s. ecnal, mcgirk hungers

but i wont play scrimmage against you!

ecnal

FrenchMovieTheme said:

478430382_60a001d785.jpg

:D

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
that's what i was going to ask! you guys were making it sound like smokey had some type of control of simming the games in the postseason, which would be ridiculous considering that it was a coinflip in the regular season. but truthfully that would be par for the course with 2k's games :lol

If I had actually completed all of my week six games I would have probably been a little pissed about the simming issue. But, I can't complain. 50/50 is probably better odds for me than if I would have actually played pheeniks:D

daw840 said:
If I had actually completed all of my week six games I would have probably been a little pissed about the simming issue. But, I can't complain. 50/50 is probably better odds for me than if I would have actually played pheeniks:D

why thank you. but you did beat me in the regular season...

anyways would you be able to play on tuesday? i think smokey might be so kind of enough to get us an extension maybe we can get a few games in and if we get sick of it just sim the rest :lol

and why the hell does shipping take forever? i live like 3-4 hours from the place it was shipped :( i just want to get it myself

daw840

pheeniks said:
why thank you. but you did beat me in the regular season...

anyways would you be able to play on tuesday? i think smokey might be so kind of enough to get us an extension maybe we can get a few games in and if we get sick of it just sim the rest :lol

and why the hell does shipping take forever? i live like 3-4 hours from the place it was shipped :( i just want to get it myself

Yeah, I could play a few games on tuesday. I will just have to go to my friends house where my 360 is hooked up to play. But thats no big deal, he will let me chill at his house even if he's not there.

ecnal

you should use your defensive players better kado.

you try and hide with off-ball D on fastbreaks and on pick and rolls, but i basically just abused the cpu...

shoulda just stuck on me the whole time. same with okur; bynum's d is so bad okur can rain 20ft fadeaways on him all game when you let the cpu guard him :lol

ecnal said:
you should use your defensive players better kado.

you try and hide with off-ball D on fastbreaks and on pick and rolls, but i basically just abused the cpu...

shoulda just stuck on me the whole time. same with okur; bynum's d is so bad okur can rain 20ft fadeaways on him all game when you let the cpu guard him :lol
rematch! the laker game is boring as fuck!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wow Brandon Roy with 39 shots in the last game of that series and only one other player with double digit shots.

Is that cool?

I mentioned player abuse and massive amounts of isomotion as two things I wanted chilled out in the league. Am I to believe that this is a toned down Roy?

I'm just curious. Just starting a conversation. Because 39 shots doesn't seem very "sim".

Truelize said:
Wow Brandon Roy with 39 shots in the last game of that series and only one other player with double digit shots.

Is that cool?

I mentioned player abuse and massive amounts of isomotion as two things I wanted chilled out in the league. Am I to believe that this is a toned down Roy?

I'm just curious. Just starting a conversation. Because 39 shots doesn't seem very "sim".

yes, it was very cool

if that's the case then cerrius should be called out for beasley. not that he cheese with him but he takes a LOT of shots

we should just let it slide

Smokey

Rockets/Raptors - Rockets win series 4-0
Hawks/Mavs - Mavs win series 4-0
Jazz/Clippers - Jazz win series 4-1
Magic/Heat - Heat win series 4-0
Hornets/Blazers - Blazers win series 4-1
Cavs/Pistons - Series tied 2-2
Suns/Nuggets - Will be simmed
Spurs/Lakers - Probably will be simmed

Deadline will be Monday

ecnal not sure what my playing availabilty will be next week, but i'm usually off work at 5 pm pst. just depends on whether my gf works late next week or not. ill let you know, but i SHOULD be able to play monday anytime after 5

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
The diddrence with how cerruis uses beasley is that he shoots a lot of jumpers on the break. I have a feeling Roy does quite a bit of isomotion before his shots.

I'm just saying

i can't change my lineup online right?

because for some reason the game keeps putting robin lopez as a starter when it's simmed. no. i want paul fucking millsap and so now i hope lopez does well :(

i just looked online and while my games were simmed, redd got a separated shoulder and will be out 8 games. WTF?

pheeniks said:
i can't change my lineup online right?

because for some reason the game keeps putting robin lopez as a starter when it's simmed. no. i want paul fucking millsap and so now i hope lopez does well :(
yeah u can change lineup.
just make your changes.leave and save to the menu and dont return back because it'll reset back to default.

pheeniks said:
i just looked online and while my games were simmed, redd got a separated shoulder and will be out 8 games. WTF?
curse.

Truelize said:
The diddrence with how cerruis uses beasley is that he shoots a lot of jumpers on the break. I have a feeling Roy does quite a bit of isomotion before his shots.

I'm just saying

No, I think that award would go to E. Gordon.

ecnal

FrenchMovieTheme said:
ecnal not sure what my playing availabilty will be next week, but i'm usually off work at 5 pm pst. just depends on whether my gf works late next week or not. ill let you know, but i SHOULD be able to play monday anytime after 5

that monday, i should be available starting around 7:30 PM PST--with the possibility of me being available slightly earlier (maybe 7 pm).

perhaps we could advance a day earlier given that the remaining series are going to be simmed either way--that way we can potentially get a couple games in on sunday.

do it smokey!

ps: kado, i can scrim whenever.

edit: nm, i didn't see the cavs/pistons series. what if they finish today/tomorrow, could we still advance sometime sunday?

DiddyBop

kirbybreezy said:
No, I think that award would go to E. Gordon.
please,i rarely use iso with gordon,its either a blow by for a dunk or a lil cross and a jumper. and he has never attempted 39 shots ever,he only plays 16 mins a game so dont be callin him out:lol

viakado said:
yeah u can change lineup.
just make your changes.leave and save to the menu and dont return back because it'll reset back to default.

curse.

we will team the fuck up when i get my xbox back!

and i meant on the website. not changing lineups on my 360.

i don't knkow if it's a number of shots against the way those shots came.

the most shots i ever took was 39 with dirk nowitzki but i would say that most of those came on straight up jumpers. i can also say that i have not used iso motion once with dirk :lol

the only issue i ever had with iso motion was against the spurs (tony parker), but whatever

Mrbob

How are we doing season 2?

I need to find a point guard who I can shoot with. I never really could figure out Paul's shooting arc.

Mrbob said:
How are we doing season 2?

I need to find a point guard who I can shoot with. I never really good figure out Paul's shooting arc.

fantasy
draft

and you should've traded me cp3! deron williams is a monster

ecnal

FrenchMovieTheme said:
mcgirk only cares about W's, not his own stats. if you want one of my other players to beat you so be it!

that was vs the hawks. sorry, kidd and stack won't be stepping up for any game winning performances. :D

Mrbob

Yeah if we are voting I am against a fantasy draft. I won't know how to get 12 decent guys on a team, plus it will be a pain to get everyone together to do one.

Top Bottom