• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

ecnal

btw fmt, you can set your plays in the online features section in the main XBL menu.

that way you don't have to pick plays every time we play :)

what can i say.

kidd missing 5+ layups, dirk missing layups, stackhouse missing layups.

and to top it off, terry shoots in the teens again.

no worries though. happened first game last series too. jazz wont shoot 62% again, that's for sure

gg though ecnal ;)

ecnal

:lol

boozer missed a ton of layups again :) but korver actually made shots... just like my last series

i'll be shooting 60% for the rest of the series. his name is ronnie. :lol

gg's. see you tomorrow. i'll be on around 8:15-8:30pm. hopefully we can get 2 in.

edit: and you can't even claim anything bad about shooting yet. i scored 78 points last game, and 113 points this game--a huge discrepancy, and no different shot selection.

i guaranfuckingtee ronnie brewer isn't dropping 30 on me again.

and what does everyone do with the matchup changes/pressure at the beginning? do you all set pressure to high or something?

i think everyone i play does it, obviously i can't see what is happening but is there something on defense i dont know about? maybe its the placebo effect but i dont mess with any setting and my opponents usually have a ton of room, but my guys never have an inch on offense. ill tinker with it and see

p.s. you aren't shooting 60% again, you know this

ecnal

i shot ~60% twice vs the clippers, my 1 bad game to start the series, and the rest were in the mid to high 50%.

it's going to happen again. especially now that i figured out none of your sg's/sf's can guard brewer.

the matchup stuff is for specific matchups and how hard/soft your cpu AI will play them. i think it's auto, tight, deny ball, and sag off. i usually just set a couple guys to tight or deny ball just in case the cpu doesn't do it on the 'auto' setting.

Hunter D

FrenchMovieTheme said:

and what does everyone do with the matchup changes/pressure at the beginning? do you all set pressure to high or something?

i think everyone i play does it, obviously i can't see what is happening but is there something on defense i dont know about? maybe its the placebo effect but i dont mess with any setting and my opponents usually have a ton of room, but my guys never have an inch on offense. ill tinker with it and see

I never change pressure. I only set plays to my shoulder buttons. I doubt everyone is putting high pressure because they would lose.

DiddyBop

judging from the boxscore,brewer's teleportation device still works perfectly fine:lol

FMT,if you take bad shots on the perimeter i guarantee you brewer will drop a lot of points in your next game,trust me on that one.

i shot ~60% twice vs the clippers, my 1 bad game to start the series, and the rest were in the mid to high 50%.

it's going to happen again. especially now that i figured out none of your sg's/sf's can guard brewer.

the matchup stuff is for specific matchups and how hard/soft your cpu AI will play them. i think it's auto, tight, deny ball, and sag off. i usually just set a couple guys to tight or deny ball just in case the cpu doesn't do it on the 'auto' setting.

clippers aint the mavs brah. the easiest way to stop your style of play is to make baskets. i remember maybe a handful of defensive rebounds you got where you didn't advance it up court like a fast break. just have to narrow down my shot selection to get good shots. you shot 62% and it was still close near the end. all i need to do is drop your shot % 5 points or so and i should be good to go!

what i regret most about that game is not winning a game where i had nash in foul trouble :(

p.s. i know diddy, dont worry i got it now. ecnal is basically a mirror image of daw (nuggets)

ecnal

DiddyBop said:
judging from the boxscore,brewer's teleportation device still works perfectly fine:lol

FMT,if you take bad shots on the perimeter i guarantee you brewer will drop a lot of points in your next game,trust me on that one.

ronnie only had 8 fast break points.

he demolished jett terry and stackhouse in the half court.

FMT has a very good shot selection--as noted by his fg %.

ecnal

FrenchMovieTheme said:
clippers aint the mavs brah. the easiest way to stop your style of play is to make baskets. i remember maybe a handful of defensive rebounds you got where you didn't advance it up court like a fast break. just have to narrow down my shot selection to get good shots. you shot 62% and it was still close near the end. all i need to do is drop your shot % 5 points or so and i should be good to go!

what i regret most about that game is not winning a game where i had nash in foul trouble :(

p.s. i know diddy, dont worry i got it now. ecnal is basically a mirror image of daw (nuggets)

clippers have better defenders, and diddy actually avg'd a good amount of blocks/steals for our series--he played nash really well IMO, and took him out of 2 games. the difference is the matchup advantages i have with you (specifically some lowpost matchups and brewer) are fewer, but much more extreme. and i always push the ball hard up the court. 1, you play lax on nash, which often results in a number of instant mismatches; 2, based off how you took shots last time, there are occasionally already mismatches down the court that i want to exploit immediately; 3, there's nothing wrong or cheesy about running a fast-paced offense, and you should be able to stop it considering snaq is rarely down the court when i push the ball.

PS;don't compare me to daw. i've never gone over the PIP rule, i've never only chucked up 3's and dunks, and no one has openly complained about my style of play. if you want to call me out do it, and be specific. don't off-offhandedly compare me to daw, because that's not even remotely what diddy was implying.

DiddyBop

daw doesnt really play like ecnal,daw plays like the real life nuggets,thats why his games are always in the 100s. hes one of my fav ppl to play against since im all about uptempo play. ecnal likes to surgically break down defenses and is the man responsible for my now half broken battery pack on my 360 controller:lol

fmt and his screen and pops is a killer also,this might be one of the most even matches in the playoffs.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
like the 10th time Dirk just shot over Bogut/Charlie/Richard Jefferson with their hands in his face and he drained it i wanted to break something. So frustrating

FrenchMovieTheme said:

i thought that said corey brewer at first and i really wanted to say, FMT you suck :lol

i was only comparing you to daw in the fact that you guys like a very fast paced game. i have to make you play a half court game and work for decent shots. we'll see tonight brother!

mcgirk is more or less unstoppable in the game unless you put a big man on him (i had trouble against ming and bynum shooting from the perimeter), but against most people its just a matter of getting the timing down.

he is having a much better series so far against the jazz than against the hawks, but others aren't having as good of a series as they did against the hawks

Smokey

113-101 was there any type of defense played in that game?!:lol

im surprised at how poor dirk is shooting from behind the arc in the post season (6/27 22%)

ouch

daw840

ecnal said:
PS;don't compare me to daw. i've never gone over the PIP rule, i've never only chucked up 3's and dunks, and no one has openly complained about my style of play. if you want to call me out do it, and be specific. don't off-offhandedly compare me to daw, because that's not even remotely what diddy was implying.

Woah, woah, woah. Hey now, I apologized for the PIP rule. When I broke that limit it was due to a misinterpretation of the rules, I thought FB points deducted at that time. Furthermore, this is the first NBA game I have owned since NBA Jam. I do like an uptempo game though, and the way I set up my team I had two lights out 3 point shooters (Barry and Smith) and a crazy bad ass inside shooter (Anthony.) The rest of the players on my team are very meh, with the exception of Nene who is there mainly for defense. If you look, I have progressed a lot in spreading out my shots since the start of the season. I didn't know you disliked me so much buddy!

DiddyBop said:
daw doesnt really play like ecnal,daw plays like the real life nuggets,thats why his games are always in the 100s. hes one of my fav ppl to play against since im all about uptempo play. ecnal likes to surgically break down defenses and is the man responsible for my now half broken battery pack on my 360 controller

fmt and his screen and pops is a killer also,this might be one of the most even matches in the playoffs.

Thanks buddy. :D

daw840 said:
Woah, woah, woah. Hey now, I apologized for the PIP rule. When I broke that limit it was due to a misinterpretation of the rules, I thought FB points deducted at that time. Furthermore, this is the first NBA game I have owned since NBA Jam. I do like an uptempo game though, and the way I set up my team I had two lights out 3 point shooters (Barry and Smith) and a crazy bad ass inside shooter (Anthony.) The rest of the players on my team are very meh, with the exception of Nene who is there mainly for defense. If you look, I have progressed a lot in spreading out my shots since the start of the season. I didn't know you disliked me so much buddy!

DiddyBop said:
daw doesnt really play like ecnal,daw plays like the real life nuggets,thats why his games are always in the 100s. hes one of my fav ppl to play against since im all about uptempo play. ecnal likes to surgically break down defenses and is the man responsible for my now half broken battery pack on my 360 controller

fmt and his screen and pops is a killer also,this might be one of the most even matches in the playoffs.[/quote/

Thanks buddy. :D

scrim me

daw840 said:
Sorry bro, maybe later today but right now I am at the parents house. I have to drive across town to play. :(

thats cool

i will be around all day playing the living shit out of my xbox. any of you sissies want a challenge let me know!

ecnal

Smokey said:
113-101 was there any type of defense played in that game?!:lol

im surprised at how poor dirk is shooting from behind the arc in the post season (6/27 22%)

ouch

meh. he didn't shoot lights out, but he had a ton of offensive rebounds and the refs bailed him out a lot.

the game likes to call fouls on nash when he's standing in the paint doing absolutely nothing while a guy drives for a layup.

ecnal

daw840 said:

i apologize for bringing it up, but i thought FMT was trying to offhandedly call me a cheeser without actually saying it.

i don't dislike you, and i don't hold anything against you. please don't mistake my in-game experience with you as some kind of revelation i've had about you as an individual. and you're absolutely right; your game has progressed significantly to the point where such aforementioned allegations can no longer be made. i hope to see you back next season.

lol i didn't call daw a cheeser, i had perhaps my greatest NBA game ever against him (even though i lost it was a lot of fun). i compared you to him from your offensive tempo, in which you are both similar

Hunter D

pheeniks said:
my xbox is back!

cerrius when should we go?
I pray for you because I think you're going to get stomped. TMac isn't an over the hill slob in the game like he is in real life and Yao is just an asshole.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol i didn't call daw a cheeser, i had perhaps my greatest NBA game ever against him (even though i lost it was a lot of fun). i compared you to him from your offensive tempo, in which you are both similar
You have no problems with the clippers and denver yet you were upset about how I played?

You have no problems with the clippers and denver yet you were upset about how I played?

iso motion everytime down the floor is a lot cheesier than a fast paced game where the other team is just pushing it all the time. i probably overreacted after our game because of the score, but win or lose that was going to be no fun. just my opinion though!

ecnal

did you look at the shot chart for daw in your game vs him? :lol

i'll take iso motion all day rather than 3's and dunks all game.

don't take this the wrong way daw. you don't play that way anymore.

edit: hey fmt, we're playing 2 tonight right?

Hunter D

FrenchMovieTheme said:
iso motion everytime down the floor is a lot cheesier than a fast paced game where the other team is just pushing it all the time. i probably overreacted after our game because of the score, but win or lose that was going to be no fun. just my opinion though!
I wasn't abusing iso. If I can get past your man with a double cross+ behind the back/spin or shammgod and score you are doing something wrong. I don't even use the dropstep button so I don't see how I was abusing iso.

Top Bottom