• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

Smokey

anachronous_one said:
THIS. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, THIS.

Your 34-1 overall record going into our second game would pretty much indicate that to us. I was shocked to take a 10 point lead at one point, dismayed at losing said lead, and absolutely STUNNED to have stolen that game --- especially after getting run out of the gym by 33 in Game 1.

Biggest differences I saw in stats (aside from points):

Code:
	Game1DET	Game1HOU	Game2DET	Game2HOU

FG% ...	  36%		  59%		  58%		  46%

3P% ...	  17%		  36%		  54%		  23%

REBS...	  18		  34		  28		  29

The messed up thing is that, by the numbers, I actually protected the ball better the first game --- you had WAY more steals this game than I did, leading to more fouls on my team and more points off turnovers for you than last game.

... and those end-of-season league awards that 2K generates are messed right the heck up. I swear that 2 nights ago the league MVP was LeBron, and then after our game last night, I was flipping through it and Rip was shown as the MVP? Oh, and Sharpe --- who only played maybe 10 minutes of the entire season for me --- made one of the All-Rookie teams!? L-O-L.

Your 3 pt shooting is what got me. You were hitting just about everything you through up :/.

We'll see how game 3 goes..I've got a little strategy to try and slow Rip down.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Smokey said:
D-Wade (sprained Achilles 23 games)

Looks like he's DONE this post season bro
... and yet T-Mac and Yao play on.

leonidasmadnessmargarine.jpg

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Truelize said:
Where do you guys see these end of the year awards on the 2K site?
Hmmm ... I didn't find them on the site, I only found them in the game, under the league menus.

I don't recall the exact path --- seems like once you are in the league interface, you can bring your menu up and go to "League Stats", maybe? Then there is a sub menu for "End of Season Awards" --- sorry, I'm at work and have only looked at them twice so far.
... and 2K9 has some of the shittiest, most convoluted menu systems in the gaming industry.

DiddyBop

FMT,if you take bad shots on the perimeter i guarantee you brewer will drop a lot of points in your next game,trust me on that one.

i friggin warned ppl about brewer and korver's teleportation device:lol :lol its funny cause the same exact thing happened to me,im not bitter about it though. some players in this game instantly run back after a shot,like as soon as the shot goes up they run back. VC is one, Mayo is another,and of course brewer and korver. it is kinda BS but hey,guess we got to take better shots! i understand your frustration fmt,i have a half broken battery pack to prove it,lol

a smokey/ecnal conference finals would be interesting,but if rip stays hot all series long the pistons will be moving on. wonder what smokey has up his sleeve?

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
pheeniks said:
well cerrius....when do you want to go again?

after 6:30pm EST.

can you play one game before the Heat/Bucks and then a couple after?
want to get this series over with, im bummed about the wade injury

guess we got to take better shots!

i guess, but it doesn't make any sense. why would jason terry not be able to keep up with them down the floor if he has a higher speed rating? there would be times where he threw down court and no one else on my squad was even on the same end as brewer.

i think i'll take the jazz next season ;)

p.s. as long as someone foolishly trades nash and snaq to me!

Cerrius said:
after 6:30pm EST.

can you play one game before the Heat/Bucks and then a couple after?
want to get this series over with, im bummed about the wade injury

yea i could do that

lol i think wade's going to dunk 6 times in the first quarter. he loves playing the bucks

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i guess, but it doesn't make any sense. why would jason terry not be able to keep up with them down the floor if he has a higher speed rating? there would be times where he threw down court and no one else on my squad was even on the same end as brewer.

you can have michael redd

ecnal

DiddyBop said:
a smokey/ecnal conference finals would be interesting,but if rip stays hot all series long the pistons will be moving on. wonder what smokey has up his sleeve?

I would love to play smokey in the conf. finals. The teacher vs the student :lol:

Really though, smokey pretty much gave me the advice to do as well as I have done--much props to smokey.

however, going through smokey would be rough. not only is he a great player, but I don't have any substantial matchup advantages like I did in previous series. we'll see what happens!

ecnal

FrenchMovieTheme said:

jet terry has weak deffensive awareness, just like Gordon--who also never tracked brewer after a shot

FrenchMovieTheme said:

i'll give you my star player for defense.

is it me or does everyone else take about 10 minutes to get into the lobby?

like it seems so much slower. "checking this, updating that, fucking this, connecting here, etc."

ecnal

it was slow yesterday too.

it took smokey and i like 5 minutes to get into the online portion, and then our game instantly disconnected due to a network error.

something screwed up with the 2K servers probably.

i understand terry has bad defensive awareness but does that make him retarded? i mean jesus christ do something dude!

terry has good offensive numbers but i never got his release down. some games i did ok with him, but not really. stackhouse was always much better with a quicker, easier release. i did better with stack even though he has inferior offensive ratings

ecnal

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i understand terry has bad defensive awareness but does that make him retarded? i mean jesus christ do something dude!

terry has good offensive numbers but i never got his release down. some games i did ok with him, but not really. stackhouse was always much better with a quicker, easier release. i did better with stack even though he has inferior offensive ratings

well, stack had good games because korver was gurading him (korver has horrible defensive awareness too, and if you noticed when you got fastbreaks, it was mainly when korver didn't make it back). terry had a rough series because brewer was on him. brewer is probably the best defensive guard in the game--that and the height advantage was vastly in brewer's favor so many of terry's shots were contested easily. it's also why brewer went off on the offensive end--mismatch on terry, blow by him or post him up. i don't doubt that you may not have known his release though.

when stack would get it going a little too much, i would sub korver out for harpring who has much better defensive stats.

i don't know how this game uses stats in relation to actual gameplay and how certain players do versus others. i basically scouted your team, looked for the obvious statistical mismatches and went to them every game--did the same thing with the clippers. so there has to be something going on with d-awareness + shot selection = brewer/korver go insane on the fastbreak. other than that, i just max out my offensive tempo + fastbreak on the coach sliders when those two are in.

well on the fast break point just because you can do it and be successful doesn't mean you should at every opportunity. that's like saying "welp i can get to the rim on every play! why wouldn't i do it?!".

chucking the ball down the court every opportunity, while effective, isn't very realistic or sim. but i suppose you can say chucking up 20-30 three pointers isn't realistic either so whatever. the series is over, you beat me plain and simple

p.s. i haven't been very good with terry all season. as i said, he had a couple games where he shot well, by for most of the time he was mediocre and it is because he has an odd release. its the same reason i sucked with baron davis in nba 2k8

Smokey

I'd say my small change on rip worked out well in my favor:

34 pts in game 2 (lost)
---
had 23 pts in game 3 (win)
had 13 points in game 4 (win)

i'll take that

stepped up my defense big time in game 3. I was upset at the WAY I lost game 2, but realized if I had played better defense it wouldn't have come down to the last play of the game. Was able to hold pistons to 41% FG and 11% from 3 pt land. Compared to game 2 when he shot 58% from FG and 54% from 3. Game 4 was an extension of game 3, still tried to play lockdown D and don't give anybody any open looks and did pretty good making that happen.

edit: jerryd bayless (blazers) is out for 14 games...strained abdomen

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
2 - 2, all tied up. Going back to Miami.

I like my chances. It's going to be a dogfight. This team is without its leader but not without its heart, FIGHT TO THE DEATH.

cerrius let me know when you want to attempt a miami heat here

as in coming back down from 0-2 to win 4 straight. i'm such a heat fan i'm tempted to let you do that!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
That is how we will do that draft. Winner can keep their team or have the last pick. Then we go in reverse order of record, starting with the teams that missed the playoffs then following with playoff teams and how far they got in the playoffs.

As for new players..... we haven't really talked about that yet have we?

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
malley that was going to be my sleeper pick! but if it means you'll play in the league, i will sacrifice my potential jazz team for the greater good!

I had no idea they were in demand Frenchie my friend... if you want them, its ok... I will take whoever, since I missed out on the first season.. I need to get the 360 version, i only have the ps3 now, so let me know when the season is starting up.

i just think that the true fans of certain teams should have their team. malley should have the jazz, konex should have the lakers, i should have the celtics, etc.

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i just think that the true fans of certain teams should have their team. malley should have the jazz, konex should have the lakers, i should have the celtics, etc.

:lol

Top Bottom