• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

ecnal

when you get in the XBL menu (you know where it shows those team2k idiots) choose online preferences (may be named differently) then you can set plays for any team in there and they save.

EDIT: HERE: XBL > ONLINE FEATURES > ONLINE OPTIONS >MY GAME SETTINGS > OFFENSIVE PLAYBOOK.

then just choose the mavs and set your plays. that's how i did mine, they're always saved and ready to go anytime i use the jazz (league or not).

:lol

1/3rd of jazz points come from fast breaks.

i can't remember one defensive rebound where ecnal actually didn't push the ball up the court for a fast break

oh well, i guess if it's not against the rules its not cheesy right?

game 4 upcoming, lets see how many fast break points ronnie brewer can get this game!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
:lol

1/3rd of jazz points come from fast breaks.

i can't remember one defensive rebound where ecnal actually didn't push the ball up the court for a fast break

oh well, i guess if it's not against the rules its not cheesy right?

game 4 upcoming, lets see how many fast break points ronnie brewer can get this game!

FooFMT-1.jpg

"Look at this whiny bitch LOL"

daw840

CB3 said:
FooFMT-1.jpg

"Look at this whiny bitch LOL"

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Not enough smileys in the world.

Here is another one of him at our halloween party at AIG!

Picture006.jpg

Mrbob

Wow Cerrius just choked a big lead away. I guess Beasley couldn't save him in game 1 even though he shot 34 times with him! :lol

Also FMT is about to go down 3-1. :D

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
wade got injured in the first quarter. completely threw off my gameplan and I was only hanging on because vujacic and the rest of my shooters were hot from the arc.

I'm in trouble now if wade doesn't come off the injured list.

suns have too many weapons, rockets, mavericks, etc. etc.

losing wade is a huge blow for how my team runs.

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Wow...down go the Rockets. :eek:

TMAC misses FT at end of game to only go up by 1 point instead of 2. I was 4/4 with him through the game through that point :/.

Rip gets the ball scores on the ensuing possession with like 6 seconds left. I call TO get ball at half court call a play to get Yao the ball. Pass him the ball in the post and as I go up to shoot fucking Prince strips Yao...game over. 81-80 pistons. Sucks because I had bad 2nd and 3rd quarters, and had a monstrous 4th quarter to comeback and I miss a fucking FT at the end that cost me the game. That hurts.

And wtf at the Rockets lost comments:lol :lol you guys think I'm invincible or something?

edit: seems to be some tensions in the jazz/mavs series!

jazz up 105-52 going into the 4th o_O

ecnal

sorry fmt, you brought that upon yourself.

you said brewer wouldn't drop 30 again, nor would i shoot 60% again.

i took it as a challenge. terry/stackhouse/battier can't stop brewer.

lol ecnal

i stopped playing in the 2nd quarter. here is the recipe for victory:

1. fast break every time. not 90% of the time, literally every time you get a rebound just throw the ball down court to brewer for a dunk or layup

2. if only 1 guy gets down and korver is there, throw it out to korver instead of dunking it (remember got to keep your pip down!)

3. once you build a big enough league, stop shooting in the paint. dont want to get the auto loss for having too many points. 44 points in the paint and i think you had 42 going into the 4th :lol

i guess you can say i'm whining about it but seriously wtf kind of play is that? i feel like im playing NBA jam against you. i'll play the last game but i will be glad to have this series over with. honestly i dont care about losing (rockets or pistons would have crushed me anyways), but i just wonder if you play that way against everyone or if i'm the only person who sees something fundamentally wrong with just throwing the ball down court after every rebound.

welp, now that that's off my chest, when can you play the final game of the series?

Mrbob

Cerrius said:
wade got injured in the first quarter. completely threw off my gameplan and I was only hanging on because vujacic and the rest of my shooters were hot from the arc.

Maybe you'll be forced to attempt running a real halfcourt offense now! :D

OhSnap.gif

ecnal

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol ecnal

i stopped playing in the 2nd quarter. here is the recipe for victory:

1. fast break every time. not 90% of the time, literally every time you get a rebound just throw the ball down court to brewer for a dunk or layup

2. if only 1 guy gets down and korver is there, throw it out to korver instead of dunking it (remember got to keep your pip down!)

3. once you build a big enough league, stop shooting in the paint. dont want to get the auto loss for having too many points. 44 points in the paint and i think you had 42 going into the 4th :lol

i guess you can say i'm whining about it but seriously wtf kind of play is that? i feel like im playing NBA jam against you. i'll play the last game but i will be glad to have this series over with. honestly i dont care about losing (rockets or pistons would have crushed me anyways), but i just wonder if you play that way against everyone or if i'm the only person who sees something fundamentally wrong with just throwing the ball down court after every rebound.

welp, now that that's off my chest, when can you play the final game of the series?

whenever you want, i can play it now.

btw that game i had 33 fbp, you chucked up 35 threes. don't think there isn't a correlation. you throw up bad shots, korver/brewer instantly leak out.

and why wouldn't i run the fastbreak at all opportunities? i have nash to deal the ball and korver/brewer/almond/harpring have some of the best fastbreak ratings in the game.

bad shots = getting demolished on the fastbreak.

and there's nothing wrong with putting the game out of reach and then not scoring any more points in the paint. the limit is 50, i haven't even gotten remotely close to surpassing it. play some d and try not to let me shoot 60%.

i'm saying every single miss i had you fast breaked on in that game. EVERY MISS. not 3 pointers, any miss at all. i can't recall you ever getting into a half court set on a miss, but maybe i'm wrong.

and yes you have gotten "remotely close" to breaking 50 when you had 54 two games ago but your 2nd chance points were 10 or something. i'd say that's remotely close

p.s. it's not hard to shoot 60% when a third of your points come on fast breaks. you didn't shoot 60% in the last game, you shot 58% ;)

i can play tomorrow around the same time, not tonight tho

ecnal

i have no bad blood with you and i don't understand the sudden lash out from you.

1) the game i had all those FBP, look at the boxscore and your shot chart. one, your shot chart clearly shows that you were chucking up 3s and trying to dominate in the paint. you had less mid-range jumpers than i did. and i'm running nba jam? you take bad shots (as noted by the FG% and the shot chart) you will get destroyed. it's not that hard to figure out. like you said earlier, the best way to stop me fastbreaking is to make shots.

2) of course i'm going to attempt to run the fastbreak on every defensive rebound. you know that's how fastbreaks start right? i have the best PG in the game, and some of the best perimeter players. am i supposed to walk the ball down every time? besides, i ran a ton of plays in that game we played in which i scored 33 FBP. you don't mention that i dropped 107 points on you. AKA the vast majority of my points came in the half court set--87 to be exact, which is only 12 points away from your entire total for that game.

3) you can't even complain about any other game on the fast break. i don't even avg close to a 3rd of my total points on the fast break. you had a game in which you played my style (LOOK AT THE SHOT CHART, you almost entirely threw up 3's and shots in the paint), and you clearly saw the consequences.

like i said, i don't understand where this is coming from. just because you did exactly what you said you weren't going to do?

plz don't make me out to be a cheeser when i've done nothing wrong. you've been great in all our previous games, you seem to be cool here on gaf, and i would like to keep our relationship friendly.

ps: <3

i didn't have any problem with the fast break aside from that one game. i don't mind about fastbreak points but in that game literally every missed shot you ran a fast break. you say it was the 3's, and i'm saying EVERY SINGLE MISS i had, whether it be a missed layup, missed 15 footer, missed 3, you ran a fast break and it was ridiculous because there was no need! you can beat me straight up anyhow.

anyways yeah good series. my shots just weren't falling in the last couple games like they were in the first 2. i seemed to get every bad break after the first game as well. a bunch of times id get a block your guy would get it, i knock the ball away for a potential steal you guys get it, i dive to save the ball its tipped back to you.... just wasn't meant to be

on an unrelated note, what am i doing wrong on fast breaks? i throw it up to my guys and they kind of angle out of bounds and i lose any advantage i had towards the basket, but when i see other people fast break its just a straight line. are you guys adjusting something to not make your players retarded (there is no reason for someone to leak out near the sidelines on every fast break.... its like they catch and stutter and by that time the D has caught up)

also, i put matchups for battier to be on brewer but then he doesn't guard him wtf?

p.s. lol there's no bad blood, i just took issue with the fastbreaks in that one game. i dont understand the logic of constant "leaking out" and my guys dont follow even when i tune crash boards down. but oh well

ecnal

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i didn't have any problem with the fast break aside from that one game. i don't mind about fastbreak points but in that game literally every missed shot you ran a fast break. you say it was the 3's, and i'm saying EVERY SINGLE MISS i had, whether it be a missed layup, missed 15 footer, missed 3, you ran a fast break and it was ridiculous because there was no need! you can beat me straight up anyhow.

anyways yeah good series. my shots just weren't falling in the last couple games like they were in the first 2. i seemed to get every bad break after the first game as well. a bunch of times id get a block your guy would get it, i knock the ball away for a potential steal you guys get it, i dive to save the ball its tipped back to you.... just wasn't meant to be

on an unrelated note, what am i doing wrong on fast breaks? i throw it up to my guys and they kind of angle out of bounds and i lose any advantage i had towards the basket, but when i see other people fast break its just a straight line. are you guys adjusting something to not make your players retarded (there is no reason for someone to leak out near the sidelines on every fast break.... its like they catch and stutter and by that time the D has caught up)

also, i put matchups for battier to be on brewer but then he doesn't guard him wtf?

p.s. lol there's no bad blood, i just took issue with the fastbreaks in that one game. i dont understand the logic of constant "leaking out" and my guys dont follow even when i tune crash boards down. but oh well

i honestly can't tell you what happened in that one game where i had a bunch of FBP. all i can look at is the box score and see that you shot significantly more 3s than you usually do. other than that i have no idea. it just happens. happened in every single game in the regular season, and happened a lot vs the clippers because diddy took a lot of 3s--that's where my assumption comes in about taking 3's on brewer/korver = fastbreak.

i usually use the icon passing for fastbreaks. where you push one of the bumpers and the button icons go over the player's heads. i dunno if there is a difference.

battier did guard brewer when he was able to. you never realized that i kept running a set play that had brewer come off multiple screens, which often resulted in someone else guarding him. my hope was that you'd take terry out of the game because he was getting abused so bad, but brewer locked him down on d so it didn't really matter.

you can't deny tha,t in the game where i had 33 FBP, you shot an extremely high amount of 3s. your shot chart was almost entirely in the paint or from downtown. i never had a ridiculous amount of FBP until that game--where your shooting drastically changed. there's obviously some kind of correlation because usually korver/brewer are met by kidd/terry/stack.

anways, good series. now i await the rockets or pistons :D

Smokey

kirbybreezy said:
Anyone know what is happening with AKA. Did he say something about his availability last week? I haven't heard from him.

I've seen him online through XBL.

He also posted his availability a few pages back.

Cerrius said:

Looks like he is out for 23 games.

AkaBalla

kirbybreezy said:
Anyone know what is happening with AKA. Did he say something about his availability last week? I haven't heard from him.

I replied to your pm you sent to me.. You asked me if my availability was the same as last week.. I said it is.. And havent heard a thing back..

Did you check your pms?

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
ecnal said:
when you get in the XBL menu (you know where it shows those team2k idiots) choose online preferences (may be named differently) then you can set plays for any team in there and they save.

EDIT: HERE: XBL > ONLINE FEATURES > ONLINE OPTIONS >MY GAME SETTINGS > OFFENSIVE PLAYBOOK.

then just choose the mavs and set your plays. that's how i did mine, they're always saved and ready to go anytime i use the jazz (league or not).
THIS. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, THIS.

Smokey said:
And wtf at the Rockets lost comments:lol :lol you guys think I'm invincible or something?
Your 34-1 overall record going into our second game would pretty much indicate that to us. I was shocked to take a 10 point lead at one point, dismayed at losing said lead, and absolutely STUNNED to have stolen that game --- especially after getting run out of the gym by 33 in Game 1.

Biggest differences I saw in stats (aside from points):

Code:
	Game1DET	Game1HOU	Game2DET	Game2HOU

FG% ...	  36%		  59%		  58%		  46%

3P% ...	  17%		  36%		  54%		  23%

REBS...	  18		  34		  28		  29

The messed up thing is that, by the numbers, I actually protected the ball better the first game --- you had WAY more steals this game than I did, leading to more fouls on my team and more points off turnovers for you than last game.

... and those end-of-season league awards that 2K generates are messed right the heck up. I swear that 2 nights ago the league MVP was LeBron, and then after our game last night, I was flipping through it and Rip was shown as the MVP? Oh, and Sharpe --- who only played maybe 10 minutes of the entire season for me --- made one of the All-Rookie teams!? L-O-L.

AkaBalla said:
I replied to your pm you sent to me.. You asked me if my availability was the same as last week.. I said it is.. And havent heard a thing back..

Did you check your pms?

Yea, it says I have 0 Messages >.>.

I'll look for you online from 9-11 pm est I guess?

Top Bottom