• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

ecnal

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i just think that the true fans of certain teams should have their team. malley should have the jazz, konex should have the lakers, i should have the celtics, etc.

celtics were available this season...

Birdman02

DiddyBop said:
newcomers should have to wait and pick up the scraps,like i had to:D

I do not like this idea......but I'm sure that's what will (and should) happen. Returning members deserve first choice, I guess. :(

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Birdman02 said:
I do not like this idea......but I'm sure that's what will (and should) happen. Returning members deserve first choice, I guess. :(

I think that is the way it will go. That is what we did last year. Rewards go to the guys that bought the game on day one and fought through the crap servers and such. There will still be plenty of good teams though. Not everyone wants a powerhouse.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Birdman02 said:

You can have the Milwaukee Bucks

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
i am no where near a newcomer and have an nba title under my belt with the jazz... I didnt play this first season because of work. That being said, I can understand the fight for me not to have the jazz, no one wanted to battle "Mr D-League" CJ Miles then and I am sure they dont want it now.

I may be biting off more I can chew anyway, so maybe i will just stick with NCAA and hop on the leagues next year.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Malleymal said:
i am no where near a newcomer and have an nba title under my belt with the jazz... I didnt play this first season because of work. That being said, I can understand the fight for me not to have the jazz, no one wanted to battle "Mr D-League" CJ Miles then and I am sure they dont want it now.

I may be biting off more I can chew anyway, so maybe i will just stick with NCAA and hop on the leagues next year.

Malley we would really like to have you in the league in season two. Any player that plays a legit "gaf" style is always welcome. As for getting the Jazz? It is highly unlikely this time around. They are pretty sought after (even before all the horrible trades). But you never know you might be able to work something out with everyone so that they are left for you.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Missed ya last night, Smokey! We good for tonight to get this beat-down done and over with? Just thinking about having to essentially sit through and play spectator to an absolute massacre where my guys can't even hit uncontested layups while you drill jumpers right in my defender's grill ... well, let's just say that the prospect of that event pretty much ruined my day yesterday, and not being able to get it over with has only prolonged the pain. :)

Late tonight? 10pm Eastern, maybe?

Smokey

anachronous_one said:
Missed ya last night, Smokey! We good for tonight to get this beat-down done and over with? Just thinking about having to essentially sit through and play spectator to an absolute massacre where my guys can't even hit uncontested layups while you drill jumpers right in my defender's grill ... well, let's just say that the prospect of that event pretty much ruined my day yesterday, and not being able to get it over with has only prolonged the pain. :)

Late tonight? 10pm Eastern, maybe?

I meant to tell you Wednesday that I wouldn't be able to play yesterday or today.

Can you go anytime on Saturday?

AkaBalla said:
Kirby I'll be on for the next 30 mins if you can play 1 game.. If we can start by 1:45p i can play 2 games.

Um, I'm at work until 6:00 pm PST today >.>

I thought you meant late afternoon/evening.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i just think that the true fans of certain teams should have their team. malley should have the jazz, konex should have the lakers, i should have the celtics, etc.
I suppose you could say I get the Hawks, Nets, or Celtics if that is the case. I don't really have one team that I cheer for since I have moved up and down the east coast so much. At a time, I was a big Hawks fan, then moved north to Connecticut where I became a Celtics fan. We later moved to New Jersey where I would occasionally get some tickets to the Nets. Either way, I am good but for obvious reasons, I would like to have the Celtics. But this draft thing needs to be settled, the rule about PIP needs to be discussed, and of course Smokey has to make the final decision.

DiddyBop

truelize already stated the drafting order. dunno if its on this page or the next but he already posted. dos im sure you'll be able to secure the celtics as you will have the 1st or 2nd pick and DCX already stated hes most likely taking the lakers.

DCX

DCX
DiddyBop said:
truelize already stated the drafting order. dunno if its on this page or the next but he already posted. dos im sure you'll be able to secure the celtics as you will have the 1st or 2nd pick and DCX already stated hes most likely taking the lakers.
Yeah it's 50-50 between the Lakers or the Hornets.

DCX

ecnal

how will the rosters work when we start the 2nd season?

are they updated 100%, as in no boozer, no monta, etc?

or is there a choice to use the injured players with the updated rosters?

DiddyBop

thats a good question. id assume that the players that are taken off rosters because of injuries are available in leagues. our leagues are fantasy league kinda anyways,it would be retarded to not let us use injured players. im sure the full roster will be available.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I would like to encourage people to pass on the Jazz this season to get Malley to play. The ony negative I can see with him is that he wont trade anyone so good luck prying away his players guys. :p

ecnal

viakado said:
i read somewhere in the forum, whenever a league is started and/or goes on to the next season, teams are updated most currently with nba roster

ya, that's what i thought too.

but, just quickly browsing through leagues on 2K's community portal, there are a number of leagues that just started that have boozer, monta, etc.

that's why i asked :)

AkaBalla

The players who are injured will be available but not in the starting lineup. They will be on IR so that means you have to set your lineup before every game to take them off of IR

ecnal

Smokey said:
i can't "give" you a team. what if the team i give you is the team somebody else wanted?!

i thought we were choosing based off of performance in this season.

doesn't everyone have to partake in the team draft based off of records?

ecnal it is based on where you finished.

since the playoffs aren't over, how do we know the order? we can't even start picking yet because whoever wins the finals has the option to keep their team, so we don't even know what team is available. (unless of course the #2 through whatever don't want any of the remaining teams)

ecnal

FrenchMovieTheme said:
ecnal it is based on where you finished.

since the playoffs aren't over, how do we know the order? we can't even start picking yet because whoever wins the finals has the option to keep their team, so we don't even know what team is available. (unless of course the #2 through whatever don't want any of the remaining teams)

ya i know. but i was specifically questioning the wording.

"what if the team i give you is the team somebody else wanted?!"

wanted as in we all get who we want? or wanted as in it's my turn to draft and i'm picking the team i want from the remaining teams?

well Hunter D is asking for "his" team so he can start practicing, but Hunter D isn't going to be picking until 7 or 8 other people pick first (not sure the number of people in front of him).

so smokey is saying that how can he know which team hunter will get? what if the person drafting in front of hunter wants the same team? then hunter would have to pick a different team. so it would be pointless at this point to say "yeah you can have the grizzlies" when no one knows if the grizz will be available to hunter when he picks his team

Top Bottom