• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

isn't DCX tied for shittiest record? so therefore he gets 33% shot of getting first overall pick? or at the latest 3rd overall?
edit: whoever wants to scrim, hit me up!

ecnal

is konex even coming back?

i never see him post here... and he was nearly impossible to get a hold of during the season.

ecnal

viakado said:
isn't DCX tied for shittiest record? so therefore he gets 33% shot of getting first overall pick? or at the latest 3rd overall?
edit: whoever wants to scrim, hit me up!

lets do this

konex will play again. i've always had an easy time getting ahold of him, just PM him or contact him on AIM. would be nice if he posted in the thread but what can you do!

Smokey

Series w/ the Pistons is finished. I won 4-1.

Good series. I like the way anachronous plays. Pretty disciplined player and knows how to use Rip really well. I hope you come back for season 2.

Now...

I move on to the semi-finals to face my good buddy ecnal. This is the real deal now! Not just another regular season game..this is it!

Hope you're ready...cuz I know I am!

nice fun series cerrius. i don't feel bad about losing to you without wade because only lord knows how you make lamar odom and michael beasley godlike

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
and the Miami Heat have come back from 0 - 2 to win 4 straight and advance to the conference finals! :D

nice fun series cerrius. i don't feel bad about losing to you without wade because only lord knows how you make lamar odom and michael beasley godlike

good games dude, pick and pop and pick and rolls were the order of the day in this game. I even had Blount making some clutch baskets :lol

Cerrius said:
and the Miami Heat have come back from 0 - 2 to win 4 straight and advance to the conference finals! :D

good games dude, pick and pop and pick and rolls were the order of the day in this game. I even had Blount making some clutch baskets :lol

yeah i was fucking pissed about blount and i think you could tell

i tried going straight at him on defense but fucking amare and millsap were missing point blank

ecnal

Smokey said:
Series w/ the Pistons is finished. I won 4-1.

Good series. I like the way anachronous plays. Pretty disciplined player and knows how to use Rip really well. I hope you come back for season 2.

Now...

I move on to the semi-finals to face my good buddy ecnal. This is the real deal now! Not just another regular season game..this is it!

Hope you're ready...cuz I know I am!

as ready as i'll ever be! should be a good series though...

i was practicing with a few of the teams i might want to use today and stumbled across a way to effectively stop fast breaks from happening every time. its so simple i can't believe i didn't think of it before.

although it was against the CPU, the lakers were running fast breaks on me ecnal style in the first half, then i realized what the defense of it is (no, not post up shots every time) and it seemed to stop them.

we'll see next season! i want YOU ECNAL!

ecnal

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i was practicing with a few of the teams i might want to use today and stumbled across a way to effectively stop fast breaks from happening every time. its so simple i can't believe i didn't think of it before.

although it was against the CPU, the lakers were running fast breaks on me ecnal style in the first half, then i realized what the defense of it is (no, not post up shots every time) and it seemed to stop them.

we'll see next season! i want YOU ECNAL!

i'll have a surprise for you next season that you wont enjoy at all.

actually, more like 3 surprises :)

ecnal

even if i did win the title, i'd give the jazz up for that other guy.

the more the merrier!

don't get smokey angry. i'm already going to have a tough time as is lol

it should be a good series, you are both great players. i really had a lot of trouble defending Yao in the low post.... but im sure you know all about that if you've played the smokester

ecnal

ya, yao abused me really hard.

i pretty much made the trade for snaq solely for smokey. :lol

hopefully it pays off!

we should make a draft list right now so we can get started early. there are only 5 possible teams left in the playoffs, and perhaps we can get the ball rolling if the people who are picking have no interest in any of those teams!

here is my mock list (i don't think BigAT is playing again cause i saw him requesting a trade in the trade thread NBA 2k for NCAA 2009)

1. smokey/ecnal/cerrius/akaballa/kirby
2. dcx (lost to the nets twice)
3. denogg (split with nets, lost to knicks)
4. konex (split with bobcats, beats knicks twice)
5. airbrian
6. zep
7. dmczaf
8. viakado
9. diddy
10. mrbob
11. daw
12. truelize
13. hunter D
14. anarchous_one
15. FMT
16. Pheeniks
17. ?
18. ?
19. ?
20. ?
21. ?
22. Malleymal - Jazz (come on guys, more people are better!)
23. birdman

i think there were some others interested in playing next season, but thats what i got so far

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wow I pick 12th. I hope the Grizzles are still there. :p

I kid. I would like to keep my team. As long as I can do a couple of trades again to balance out my roster. Hopefully I hurt enough people with Wally in the second half of the year that people will realize he is a good trade. And it's not that I don't like Wally but he and Sasha are so freakin similar it's ridiculous.

i made sure the lady on the phone felt my wrath

"sir what can i do for you today"

"well what you can do is fix my broken xbox. see, my xbox broke over three weeks ago and I sent it to you guys to get it fixed. you guys sent the same one back to me and its been barely over a week and it's dead already"

"procedure this blah blah"

"look maam i'm not dumb, this will be my 4th xbox and i know what i'm talking about"

*silence*

daw840

pheeniks said:
i made sure the lady on the phone felt my wrath

"sir what can i do for you today"

"well what you can do is fix my broken xbox. see, my xbox broke over three weeks ago and I sent it to you guys to get it fixed. you guys sent the same one back to me and its been barely over a week and it's dead already"

"procedure this blah blah"

"look maam i'm not dumb, this will be my 4th xbox and i know what i'm talking about"

*silence*

Wow, those fucking CSR's at MS are just plain retarded sometimes. Then again, that has to be a terrible and thankless job. Good luck on a speedy replacement. Try to get them to send you an elite! ;)

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:
here is my mock list (i don't think BigAT is playing again cause i saw him requesting a trade in the trade thread NBA 2k for NCAA 2009)

Yep, this is indeed correct. I'll be dropping for next season. 2K9 just didn't do it for me and I would rather not participate at all then join and then not be able to devote enough time/effort to the league. Best of luck to all of you.

I just logged into Xbox Live and saw you (AkaBalla) were on two hours ago. Not sure if this was actually you or someone else in your household, but can you post either here or in PM rather than just hoping we run into each other on Xbox Live?

I don't feel like logging in and out of Live or keeping the Xbox on hoping we get on at the same time.

If that wasn't you, or you have been busy or something happened, please disregard this.

Top Bottom