• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

:lol i didn't mention this part

"We will ship you a box to return to us, and that box will get to you within 24 hours"

"It'll come tomorrow? Really?"

"Yes, since this is your 3rd time fixing this xbox, we will make it much quicker!"

"Tomorrow's Sunday. How will it get to me?"

"Oh....well, expect it on Monday!"

Smokey said:
I'll put it at 7pm central for the Blazers/Lakers series.

I highly doubt we're going to get 2-4 games today, just a hunch. I really dont like holding you guys up, but there's nothing I can do.

I know if these games sim though, the Lakers will win lol. 50/50 my ass

Mrbob

I can definitely back kirby up by saying he was always ready to play games with me at any time in our series.

If the Lakers auto win through another series that would be crazy.

i wish 2k would adjust it so the commish could assign the wins. doesn't seem fair when someone has been willing to play and the other guy gets the sim win (not that im saying that in aka vs. kirby instance, just in general)

DiddyBop

well,2k has to think about corrupt GMs potentially popping up in other leagues,auto assigning wins wouldnt work in that situation. GMs would going all Vince McMahon and fixing games:lol

but i do see what youre sayin,i was wondering the same thign when i couldnt get ahold of hunter d for one of our games a while back.

ecnal

pheeniks said:
:lol i didn't mention this part

"We will ship you a box to return to us, and that box will get to you within 24 hours"

"It'll come tomorrow? Really?"

"Yes, since this is your 3rd time fixing this xbox, we will make it much quicker!"

"Tomorrow's Sunday. How will it get to me?"

"Oh....well, expect it on Monday!"
isn't monday a holiday? :lol

Hunter D

Mrbob said:
I can definitely back kirby up by saying he was always ready to play games with me at any time in our series.

If the Lakers auto win through another series that would be crazy.
I gave aka the first series to be fair and now he isn't playing at all.

Anyone want to play?

Fivering better no lose a series because of sim. He had one of the best records in the league.

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i wish 2k would adjust it so the commish could assign the wins. doesn't seem fair when someone has been willing to play and the other guy gets the sim win (not that im saying that in aka vs. kirby instance, just in general)

I am able to assign wins.

That's how I was able to sim the Spurs/Lakers game at Hunter's request.

I don't ever do it though unless it is necessary. Otherwise I let the game handle it.

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
but you couldn't in the regular season?

I remember there being an issue in the beginning when the game was a bug test, but then I guess it was put in. I kept trying to do it through the website and it wouldn't let me, but then after that first week or so of our league I guess they fixed it and I posted about it when it became enabled.

Which will come in handy a lot more next season as it's pretty easy to spot who's playing and who isn't.

oh i see they patched it after our league had started.

didn't you say they were also going to look into making the game actually "see" the division setup so we dont have a repeat of this season?

ecnal

your connection is still pretty spotty hunter :lol

i also wouldn't played D like that in our league--you will get complaints.

Hunter D

ecnal said:
your connection is still pretty spotty hunter :lol

i also wouldn't played D like that in our league--you will get complaints.
Its your connection. I played vik and had no problem except for some weird game ending glitch.

ecnal

probably routing issue then.

i've never played a game that laggy before. i'm also getting the 'waiting for opponent' timeout message for you--although i suppose you could be seeing the same thing for me.

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
oh i see they patched it after our league had started.

didn't you say they were also going to look into making the game actually "see" the division setup so we dont have a repeat of this season?

When I talked to the 2K developer, they said they didn't have enough time to make it where the game recognizes the conferences when doing playoff seedings. But I could move around the teams that made it into the post season to get it how it should be. Of course the problem with that is the game still goes by overall standings, so if one team got in that shouldn't of according to the conference standings...it won't let me take that team out and put the correct team in.

Smokey

Malleymal said:
I have the 360 version of 2k... so if anyone wants to play me.. add my gamertag

malley mal

Are you going to play next season..?

or is that only if you get the jazz?

ecnal...can you get game 1+2 out of the way tonight?

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Smokey said:
Are you going to play next season..?

or is that only if you get the jazz?

ecnal...can you get game 1+2 out of the way tonight?

Im gonna see how things are by the time the season starts... i want to play and see how my skills are... if i have the jazz its cool.... if not i will get acquainted with the other teams available.. I actually like the fact that people actually want my team..

Smokey

Malleymal said:
Im gonna see how things are by the time the season starts... i want to play and see how my skills are... if i have the jazz its cool.... if not i will get acquainted with the other teams available.. I actually like the fact that people actually want my team..

Oh so you haven't played 2K9 yet (online)?

If you're coming straight from 2K8...then yeah...there's some things that are a bit different.

ecnal

so, any idea of the lakers/blazers series is actually going to get finished by 7pm CT?

maybe we can advance now :)

Smokey

ecnal said:
so, any idea of the lakers/blazers series is actually going to get finished by 7pm CT?

maybe we can advance now :)

I'm holding the advancement until 7pm.

Beside I'm still putting the finishing touches on my gameplan/strategy against you.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
does anyone want to play after the afc game??? also what changes are in 2k9 ... like i heard there was a way to boost attributes during timeouts or something..

Smokey

kirbybreezy said:
Professa Skillz is Aka's other gamertag right?

No, that's a completely different person.

Malleymal said:
does anyone want to play after the afc game??? also what changes are in 2k9 ... like i heard there was a way to boost attributes during timeouts or something..

Yeah you can put emphasis on certain attributes during timeouts (defense, shot selection, rebounding etc.)

I was more talking about gameplay differences. There really aren't any that major but if you played 2k8 alot, it is an adjustment. Kind of hard to explain unless you play a few games.

ecnal

wtf... i've never heard of such thing. everyone knows about this except me?! :lol

how do you do it?

edit: wow i never noticed you could hit the triggers for different menus during a timeout @_@

Smokey

AAGV012-06ASGAction~Tracy-McGrady-Posters.jpg

VS.

CARLOS_BOOZER1.jpg

AND

t1_brandon_roy.jpg

VS.

dwyane-wade-wife.jpg

winners move on to play for:

NBA%20trophy.jpg

Deadline...next Sunday. Although I'm sure we'll move on before then.

Hey guys sorry to disappear again, i've been really busy the last few weeks. I don't have internet access at my house yet, but I will by this coming weekend. Now I'm just hoping that my connection won't be laggy...

ecnal

i found my new starting point guard: carlos boozer.

i'll use shaq as his backup. :lol :lol

sorry about that game smokey, but seriously after i miss like 10+ contested layups in a row and then tmac/iverson/whoever make or get fouled on the exact same shots, there's no reason to to take the game seriously.

and as proven by boozer's shooting prowess, this game deals certain players bad games (nash, brewer, korver, okur, etc) and it balances the statistical shooting difference by giving other players higher FG %.

boozer was 2/3 from 3point at one point. he shot over 50% and over 60% of his shots were purposefully out of his range. edit: wait, looking at his shot chart, he missed more shots inside the paint than he did from deeeep midrange :lol :lol

a friend and i did this the other day with the exact same results. this only confirms it yet again. pretty pathetic.

assuming i don't miss wide open jumpers/layups next game, i'm coming back into the series. this last game was just a detour on the crazy train that is 2K9.

Smokey

ecnal said:
i found my new starting point guard: carlos boozer.

i'll use shaq as his backup. :lol :lol

sorry about that game smokey, but seriously after i miss like 10+ contested layups in a row and then tmac/iverson/whoever make or get fouled on the exact same shots, there's no reason to to take the game seriously.

and as proven by boozer's shooting prowess, this game deals certain players bad games (nash, brewer, korver, okur, etc) and it balances the statistical shooting difference by giving other players higher FG %.

boozer was 2/3 from 3point at one point. he shot over 50% and over 60% of his shots were purposefully out of his range.

a friend and i did this the other day with the exact same results. this only confirms it yet again. pretty pathetic.

crazy game. i figured you weren't taking it seriously..so some other players in to work on their shot release, ft's etc.

we'll see what happens in utah!

ecnal

i tried to make my case in game.

i think 4 (maybe 5?) missed wide open shots by okur. then boozer dribbles down the court, iso motioning everyone out of the way, and drains a 3. and at one point i think boozer was even on fire... how can boozer catch fire while shooting ~20ft jumpers? :lol

Top Bottom