• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

Smokey

i tried to make my case in game.

i think 4 (maybe 5?) missed wide open shots by okur. then boozer dribbles down the court, iso motioning everyone out of the way, and drains a 3. and at one point i think boozer was even on fire... how can boozer catch fire while shooting ~20ft jumpers?

I wouldn't of given up as early as you did(wouldn't give up at all...but def. not as early as you did). It was only 27-15 after end of 1st.

On another note...I feel like I've played so many games. Got to keep that fire in me going though!

ecnal

i never gave up. but realistically, it was clear i wasn't going to have a remote chance at winning the game in the 2nd quarter.

every contested layup i took, i missed. every contested layup you took you made and/or got fouled.

okur went 1/13. and you can't even deny that 11-12 of those shots had absolutely no contest.

that's when it was clear that i had to find the player that would have the ridiculous shooting. it didn't take long to find him :lol

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Looks like I'm not getting to the Finals without Wade. Portland has too many weapons and Roy's jumpshot animation is money.

If I'm going down, I'm going down fighting though.

Smokey

Cerrius said:
Looks like I'm not getting to the Finals without Wade. Portland has too many weapons and Roy's jumpshot animation is money.

If I'm going down, I'm going down fighting though.

I think for every game that is played, his injury time goes down by 2 games. If you look at it now he's down to 9 games, and bayless is at 4.

Is Roy really that sick in this game?

Hunter D

Smokey said:
I think for every game that is played, his injury time goes down by 2 games. If you look at it now he's down to 9 games, and bayless is at 4.

Is Roy really that sick in this game?
Fuck Yes! I was surprised I actually took a game from fivering during the season.

ecnal

sorry, but this game is fucking retarded.

have made 1 shot outside of the paint so far. and tmac gets fouled EVERY time he goes to the hole.

strikeselect

im getting murdered on offensive rebounds

game 1: 19 to 6
game 2: 21 to 9

the price i pay for picking my home team :-(

Smokey

ecnal said:
sorry, but this game is fucking retarded.

have made 1 shot outside of the paint so far. and tmac gets fouled EVERY time he goes to the hole.

Your bigs swipe at everything though.

i know in two of my four losses to ecnal i stuck with my plan and the game was generally close. but in the other 2, i was so pissed off and frustrated about the cookie not crumbling my way that i just lost focus on how to run my offense. sometimes i forget that the PIP rule is 50 and completely forget to work the inside game, no post game to speak of once i get down by a bit.

not speaking for anyone else on that but i know the games ive lost by a lot that has been the case (as have the games where i've won by a lot).

if you just stick to your game you will get back into it

DiddyBop

so true,i realized once you are down by like 10 or something,instead of panicking and jacking up 3s,to just grind it out for a good 2 point bucket,then play solid d at the other end. there is no fast way to get out of a hole against a good player,just gotta take your time and stick to the gameplan. near the end of the season the amount of 3 pointers i took went down significantly. soemthing for me to build on for next season.

ecnal

the difference is that the first and fourth game we played i had a legitimate chance from the get-go.

game 2 and 3 were retarded--game 3 i only made 3 shots outside the paint, and game 2, everyone was cold except superman boozer who was raining 3s all game.

edit: on a side note: holy shit beasley w/ 71!?!

Smokey

ecnal said:
the difference is that the first and fourth game we played i had a legitimate chance from the get-go.

game 2 and 3 were retarded--game 3 i only made 3 shots outside the paint, and game 2, everyone was cold except superman boozer who was raining 3s all game.

edit: on a side note: holy shit beasley w/ 71!?!

gg..will resume tomorrow.

came out too lackadaisical in the first half. 2nd half I turned it on and had a chance but made some dumb mistakes. Had too many forced passes on my end towards end of the game that hurt.. not to mention tmac was fouled on the last shot that could of sent the game to OT..but Utah refs didn't want to make it happen. Harpring's whole arm went through McGrady's on the last shot!

It's all good though...we will bounce back! See you in H-town!

DiddyBop

ive noticed guys with quick releases are the only ones to break the 50 pts+ barrier this season. beasley,roy and gordon. quick releases are the easiest to time and the easiest to pull off after a quick crossover or step back. guys with shitty released like stephen jackson make it impossible to score.

oh,and im in for team up,but if that flops i'll scrim.

ecnal

good series smokey. would have been better if i didn't get dice rolled into oblivion in games 2 and 3. otherwise the other 3 games were close all the way to the end.

at least i can say i got beat by the eventual champion :p

ps; i need a superstar that has 99 dunk and good shooting for next season :)

Smokey

Good series ecnal. Sucks that your guys were cold in games 2 & 3..such is the life in NBA2K9. Tracy Lamar hit that huge 3 pointer from way the fuck out there towards the end of our game. Clutch. Good thing, b/c A.I. nor Artest showed up to play in Game 5. Good series..saw a lot of improvement in your game from week 1 of our season when we first played! In the end, it looks like the playoff seeding sorted itself out. #1 from Gold Conference plays #1 from Platinum Conference.

This is what I want my collection to look like, goin for GAF 2K ring #3:

29234_01_lg.jpg

Gotta face Kirby and Mr. B Roy before that can happen!

Are you available to play anytime tomorrow?

DiddyBop said:
ive noticed guys with quick releases are the only ones to break the 50 pts+ barrier this season. beasley,roy and gordon. quick releases are the easiest to time and the easiest to pull off after a quick crossover or step back. guys with shitty released like stephen jackson make it impossible to score.

oh,and im in for team up,but if that flops i'll scrim.

this. this is one part of the game that really pisses me off. wade has a shitty release, all my midrange jumpers by him get blocked

how do you average 48 points a game in a series with mike beasley and still lose?

do you guys realize that beasley scored 71 points in a game? WTF?

strikeselect

pheeniks said:
how do you average 48 points a game in a series with mike beasley and still lose?

do you guys realize that beasley scored 71 points in a game? WTF?

I couldn't defend Portland. Too many weapons. If I loaded up on Roy, he throws it into Aldridge or Oden which abused my mediocre big men.

Without Wade, I didn't have the firepower to consistently trade baskets with him.

also, I was absolutely murdered on offensive rebounds.

game 3: 13 to 4
game 4: 14 to 5

Cerrius said:
I couldn't defend Portland. Too many weapons. If I loaded up on Roy, he throws it into Aldridge or Oden which abused my mediocre big men.

Without Wade, I didn't have the firepower to consistently trade baskets with him.

also, I was absolutely murdered on offensive rebounds.

game 3: 13 to 4
game 4: 14 to 5

okay i understand the rebounding part. but without wade? you scored 71 :lol

strikeselect

pheeniks said:
okay i understand the rebounding part. but without wade? you scored 71 :lol

Beasley got red hot but didn't matter because I couldn't defend Portland.

Defense wins championships, my whole game was built around Wade's driving ability and creating chaos on the defensive end to force turnovers and initiate fastbreaks.

Hunter D

Smokey said:
Good series ecnal. Sucks that your guys were cold in games 2 & 3..such is the life in NBA2K9. Tracy Lamar hit that huge 3 pointer from way the fuck out there towards the end of our game. Clutch. Good thing, b/c A.I. nor Artest showed up to play in Game 5. Good series..saw a lot of improvement in your game from week 1 of our season when we first played! In the end, it looks like the playoff seeding sorted itself out. #1 from Gold Conference plays #1 from Platinum Conference.

This is what I want my collection to look like, goin for GAF 2K ring #3:

29234_01_lg.jpg

Gotta face Kirby and Mr. B Roy before that can happen!

Are you available to play anytime tomorrow?
Hopefully you lose because NY fans know how you got one of those championships.

Smokey, do you want to try to finish the series tonight or (tonight + tomorrow)? I have a feeling people are itching to start the new season.

Smokey

kirbybreezy said:
Smokey, do you want to try to finish the series tonight or (tonight + tomorrow)? I have a feeling people are itching to start the new season.

Probably tonight and tomorrow. Could be a long series.

viak i want dirk, i will give you anything from my team (although i dont know who my team is yet).

also, can we start picking our teams? i mean i doubt anyone is going to want the blazers, and the rockets aren't really up there for most people.... can't we just start picking teams from #2 and then go from there? it would speed things up later on.

what do you think smokey?

Smokey said:
I was looking at the site earlier today...you did some crazy things man:lol
did i mention my great scheme is a two year plan?:lol

FrenchMovieTheme said:
viak i want dirk, i will give you anything from my team (although i dont know who my team is yet).

also, can we start picking our teams? i mean i doubt anyone is going to want the blazers, and the rockets aren't really up there for most people.... can't we just start picking teams from #2 and then go from there? it would speed things up later on.

what do you think smokey?
let's work something out!:D

Top Bottom