• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

Mrbob

71 with beascheese jesus. :lol

Now I must root for the Blazers! They knocked me out in the first round, and I would like to see the champ be the one who took me out in this tourney!

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
viak i want dirk, i will give you anything from my team (although i dont know who my team is yet).

also, can we start picking our teams? i mean i doubt anyone is going to want the blazers, and the rockets aren't really up there for most people.... can't we just start picking teams from #2 and then go from there? it would speed things up later on.

what do you think smokey?

I don't see a problem with this. Would speed things up like you said.

kirby, is 615pst - 630pst okay for you to start the finals?

Mrbob

Viakado I get a higher pick than FMT, which means I should be able to get a better team. So I'll have better players for trade. :D

I might make a powerplay push for dirk just to keep him off FMT's team! I really don't want him, but if I can prevent FMT from getting him it might be worth it!

AirBrian

Wait a minute...I'm pretty sure I pick before viakado. Bob, if you want the Bulls, I'll gladly take the Mavs! (And if I get the Mavs, Dirk is going no where!)

Mrbob

AirBrian said:
Wait a minute...I'm pretty sure I pick before viakado. Bob, if you want the Bulls, I'll gladly take the Mavs! (And if I get the Mavs, Dirk is going no where!)

That's ok, I'll pass on the Bulls. I want a good team to use. :D

Mrbob

:lol

Outside of Derrick Rose I want that entire team to go away. Well maybe Heinrich can stay....but everyone else can go blowout special all deals accepted!

Especially Deng, one of the worst deals ever.

How is gordon in the game? Can I cheese all my opponents from the 3 point arc ala beasley with him? :p

Mrbob said:

Outside of Derek Rose I want that entire team to go away. Well maybe Heinrich can stay....but everyone else can go blowout special all deals accepted!

Especially Deng, one of the worst deals ever.

How is gordon in the game? Can I cheese all my opponents from the 3 point arc ala beasley with him? :p
oh gimme, gimme! he sucks.

AirBrian

Yeah, I'm not happy with the team honestly. Paxton started off good, but the last couple of years he's done shit to improve the team.

Deng still has crazy potential, but he's been hurt a lot lately. Noah is too inconsistant, and Tyrus has the mental capacity of a third grader. Rose, Hinrich, and Gordon are the only guys I like on that team.

In 2K9, Gordon is pretty good. :D But really, I don't mind keeping them...I've had them now for like the past 5 (6?) seasons.

EDIT: Oh hell no, viakado! You keep your dirty whore hands off of Gordon!

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
71 with beascheese jesus. :lol

Now I must root for the Blazers! They knocked me out in the first round, and I would like to see the champ be the one who took me out in this tourney!
71 points? sim league my ass!

DCX

DMczaf

AirBrian said:
DM, you want the Bulls if I take the Mavs? Are you coming back for this next season?

I'm 98% sure I'm coming back, but I have a heavier class load this semester so that might change my plans.

And the Bulls are on my list of teams, are they #1?! Who knows!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
also, can we start picking our teams? i mean i doubt anyone is going to want the blazers, and the rockets aren't really up there for most people.... can't we just start picking teams from #2 and then go from there? it would speed things up later on.

what do you think smokey?

Lol, you mean to tell me none of the 20+ people that are going to be in the league are going to want the Blazers? (Even though I have proven they are a top tier team. And B. Roy got a ratings boost and a new animation package that will be available for the next GAF season.)

Now I have less motivation to take home the ship.

I guess I'll have to self-motivate and trash talk now.

Smokey

viakado said:
smokey give us our list!!!

I'm not worrying about next season until I finish this one first. That's why you really haven't seen me post anything about season 7 yet.

I'm trying to go to Disney World, so anybody who would like feel free to come up with the draft order and go from there. Otherwise I'll do it when I'm through with the Finals.

Lol, you mean to tell me none of the 20+ people that are going to be in the league are going to want the Blazers? (Even though I have proven they are a top tier team. And B. Roy got a ratings boost and a new animation package that will be available for the next GAF season.)

i just meant that of the people who have the top picks none have expressed interest in the blazers.

they said "because he will destroy smokey so bad what's the point of showing interest in a team that won't be available?"

wow, you going to let that pass smokester??

here is the draft board (with smokeys approval):

1. smokey/kirby
2. dcx - New Orleans Hornets
3. denogg
4. konex
5. airbrian
6. zep
7. dmczaf
8. viakado
9. diddy
10. mrbob
11. daw
12. truelize
13. hunter D (you lasted longer in the playoffs is why you're lower)
14. anarchous_one
15. FMT
16. Pheeniks
17. akaballa
18. ecnal
19. cerrius
20. ?
21. Malleymal - Jazz (come on guys, more people are better!)
22. birdman
23. chrisjames

i don't think i'm missing anyone, but feel free to point it out if so! obviously we will need to find a 24th player, and need confirmation from konex,dm,cb that they are playing the next season

DCX

DCX
It's safe to say for now that the Rockets and Blazers are off the board, i'm if they get picked it would be mid round, 13-18. So lets start picking, IF you want the Blazers or Rockets, have a backup instead due to the champ wanting to keep thier team.

I'm on the clock and i select....

The New Orleans Hornets. Vik...pick the phone up, imma callin'

DCX

Smokey

kirbybreezy said:
That was Roy version 1.0

This is Roy v2.0

You might see 2.5 tonight.

/trash

We'll see!

I'm heading on now. Getting my Zune read to roll w/ my Houston rap playlist and it's goin' down!

AkaBalla

Sorry Kirby, had some family issues to deal with. (Mom admitted to the hospital, work, kids etc..)

FMT,

Take me off the draft list, im not returning..

Smokey,

If you ever need a replacement i am willing to fill in if someone drops out like this season. So PM me or send me a message via XBL.

Good luck everyone.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
viakado said:
cb3's being a team player. he's willing to pick last.

that would be bad for you. id be picking the bucks again if i were last. you'd have to get Michael Redd! The Curse!

Yeah where am i on the list. FMT trying to low ball me again!

ecnal

CB3 said:
that would be bad for you. id be picking the bucks again if i were last. you'd have to get Michael Redd! The Curse!

Yeah where am i on the list. FMT trying to low ball me again!

since i did just save you, i expect to be dealt your star player for trash.

1. smokey/kirby
2. dcx - New Orleans Hornets
3. denogg
4. konex
5. airbrian
6. coldblooded
7. zep
8. dmczaf
9. viakado
10. diddy
11. mrbob
12. daw
13. truelize
14. hunter D (you lasted longer in the playoffs is why you're lower)
15 anarchous_one
16. FMT
17. Pheeniks
18. ecnal
19. cerrius
20. ?
21. Malleymal - Jazz (come on guys, more people are better!)
22. birdman
23. chrisjames

Top Bottom