• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 10 Online Dynasty Thread

BigAT

Come on Baylor.

Just a heads up, I'll be out of town camping from tomorrow until Sunday, so the earliest I can get week 1 in is Sunday night.

GCQuinton

BigAT said:
Come on Baylor.

Just a heads up, I'll be out of town camping from tomorrow until Sunday, so the earliest I can get week 1 in is Sunday night.
I've already talked to him and he'll be taking care of it tonight. And the deadline will probably be Monday or Tuesday anyway so you're good.

GCQuinton

And if things already couldn't get any worse, I came home to a newly minted one red ringed (E74) Xbox 360. Sucks for me, but don't expect any real dropoffs as I'll be picking up another system tomorrow.

cubanb

Banned
GCQuinton said:
And if things already couldn't get any worse, I came home to a newly minted one red ringed (E74) Xbox 360. Sucks for me, but don't expect any real dropoffs as I'll be picking up another system tomorrow.
Geeez. We are cursed!

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week One Games

Fresno St. (CPU) vs. Kent State (bobbydigital)
NC State (storybook77) vs. South Carolina (CPU)
Bowling Green (CPU) vs. Michigan State (KanZolo)
Duke (CPU) vs. NC Central (GCQuinton)
UC Santa Cruz (cubanb) vs. New Mexico State (CPU)
UNC (CPU) vs. ECU (LiveWire)
Middle Tennessee State (CPU) vs. Clemson (Azwethinkweiz)
Baylor (Righty10) vs. Wake Forest (CPU)
Illinois (KamikazePIPBoy) vs. UCF (BigAT4)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week One Headlines

Back Again For the First Time, The New Season One Begins
Madden NFL 10's Out, But You Already Knew That

Player of the Week

N/A

Ranked Teams:

N/A

NeoGAF Game of the Week

Ilinois vs. UCF

WEEK ONE DEADLINE IS TUESDAY!

BigAT

storybook77 said:
I'll try to get my game done tonight. I couldn't pull myself away from Madden over the weekend. :lol

Going back to NCAA after Madden feels like you're playing with super turbo enabled.

GCQuinton

A combination of my Xbox 360 dying, Madden's release, and wanting to have enough time to work out the possbile kinks were the reasons for the longer than usual game week. They'll be going back to normal for Week 2.

LiveWire

GCQuinton said:
One more game for the week...ECU (LiveWire) vs. UNC (CPU). Deadline's tonight!

Hey GCQ, sorry for the delay. I tried playing twice yesterday and got disconnected again each time. I don't know what the problem is, but it's not worth trying to keep altering settings and hold up the league. I wanted to give it another try and see if it was just that last league that was glitched, but it's something with my 360 or router I guess, and I don't have time to figure it out. I apologize, but I have to bow out.

TheCrow

LiveWire said:
Hey GCQ, sorry for the delay. I tried playing twice yesterday and got disconnected again each time. I don't know what the problem is, but it's not worth trying to keep altering settings and hold up the league. I wanted to give it another try and see if it was just that last league that was glitched, but it's something with my 360 or router I guess, and I don't have time to figure it out. I apologize, but I have to bow out.

Is this only a problem with NCAA?

LiveWire

TheCrow said:
Is this only a problem with NCAA?

Yea, Madden is fine online. It's bizarre. Aside from that, the few games I did play, nothing seemed change from last year's version, which is disappointing, as Madden seems to have gotten a good deal better this year.

TheCrow

LiveWire said:
Yea, Madden is fine online. It's bizarre. Aside from that, the few games I did play, nothing seemed change from last year's version, which is disappointing, as Madden seems to have gotten a good deal better this year.

Yeah, I haven't bought Madden since 06
I know :(
and I finally felt like it was worth the purchase this time. Mostly due to online franchises since I enjoy building teams in the offline franchise mode.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Two Games

NC Central (GCQuinton) vs. Kent State (bobbydigital)
Clemson (Azwethinkweiz) vs. Georgia Tech (CPU)
UC Santa Cruz (cubanb) vs. Michigan State (KanZolo)
Illinois (KamikazePIPBoy) vs. Boston College (CPU)
NC State (storybook77) vs. ECU (CPU)
UCF (BigAT4) vs. Southern Miss (CPU)

Bye Weeks: Baylor (Righty10)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Two Headlines

NCCU Falls To Kent State In Early Week Two Action
ECU Coach LiveWire Retires
People Actually Being Able To Get Games In Pleases Commish

Player of the Week

CJ Spiller, HB, Clemson
38-7 win over Middle Tennessee State
30 carries, 162 yards, 3 TD
2 receptions, 68 yards, TD

Ranked Teams:

N/A

NeoGAF Game of the Week

UC Santa Cruz vs. Michigan State

WEEK TWO DEADLINE IS FRIDAY!

cubanb

Banned
sorry dude, but im gonna bounce on the league. my heart isnt in it after the reset. madden is demanding way more attention that last year and it is hard ot switch back and forth. and i just got my ass kicked by kanzolo after beating him before. its a little frustrating. best of luck

KanZolo

cubanb is an ass.

after dominating him for the first half (28-7?) as soon as i intercepted the ball than scored he started playing like the biggest asshole ive encountered in a while.

First he started to kneel it out with 6;00 to go in 3rd and didnt have courtesy to Chew the Clock. On 3rd down of that drive he just ran back into his own endzone for a saftey. When I got the ball back i started to run it but then he would just choose punt return and i would waltz into the endzone.

Then just about every time he got the ball after that he would run out of his own endzone for a safety and then for the punt he would kick it out of bounds. Repeat that for about 13 minutes of gameplay and basically he wasted over an hour of my life.

A simple message to me on xbox saying "i concede" run it out or something would have sufficed but instead you were a classless asshole.

Next time you pout because a junior is KICKING YOUR ASS, even if you had beat them previously (my qb couldnt run to line fast enough to spike the ball for game winning FG) just quit or something. I didnt quit because I didnt know if it would be a loss for me or what.

Commish: I dunno if u can throw out game results or what or how u wanted to handle this

GCQuinton

KanZolo said:
cubanb is an ass.

after dominating him for the first half (28-7?) as soon as i intercepted the ball than scored he started playing like the biggest asshole ive encountered in a while.

First he started to kneel it out with 6;00 to go in 3rd and didnt have courtesy to Chew the Clock. On 3rd down of that drive he just ran back into his own endzone for a saftey. When I got the ball back i started to run it but then he would just choose punt return and i would waltz into the endzone.

Then just about every time he got the ball after that he would run out of his own endzone for a safety and then for the punt he would kick it out of bounds. Repeat that for about 13 minutes of gameplay and basically he wasted over an hour of my life.

A simple message to me on xbox saying "i concede" run it out or something would have sufficed but instead you were a classless asshole.

Next time you pout because a junior is KICKING YOUR ASS, even if you had beat them previously (my qb couldnt run to line fast enough to spike the ball for game winning FG) just quit or something. I didnt quit because I didnt know if it would be a loss for me or what.

Commish: I dunno if u can throw out game results or what or how u wanted to handle this

106-7???? Holy Jebus, man!! Yeah, these results are getting tossed. At that point, if you wanna play it again KanZolo, go for it. If not, I'll just sim it.

That said, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little upset/disappointed with you, cubanb. If you wanted to drop from the league, why didn't you do it a couple of days ago when I specifically asked everyone if that's what they wanted to do?? Now we're all stuck with your created team when all you had to do was tell me you didn't want to come back. I'd have expected this from a junior, but from a vet who played in every season last year I can't help but be a little upset.

GCQuinton

Looks like we're officially down to 8 members now. If we can keep this steady and move along faster with eight dedicated people instead of possibly dragging along with 12 then I'm absolutely fine with it.

KanZolo

GCQuinton said:
Looks like we're officially down to 8 members now. If we can keep this steady and move along faster with eight dedicated people instead of possibly dragging along with 12 then I'm absolutely fine with it.

Yeah it probably would have been 60 something to 7 if he had kept on playing anyways but I'll play the CPU today.

I was very excited for a for 12 man dynasty but I agree. 8 dedicated people is better than having 12 people just to have 12 people

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Three Games

NC Central (GCQuinton) vs. Baylor (Righty10)
Kent State (bobbydigital) vs. UCF (BigAT4)
Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. NC State (storybook77)
Boston College (CPU) vs. #19 Clemson (Azwethinkweiz)

Bye Weeks: Illinois (KamikazePIPBoy)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Three Headlines

Clemson's CJ Spiller in the Heisman Running
"We've Heard This Before..." Kent State's Jarvis is Player of the Week
Banana Slugs Mired In Scandal As Cubanb Resigns

Player of the Week

Eugene Jarvis, HB, Kent State
42-35 win over NC Central
28 carries, 144 yards, 2 TD
2 rec, 62 yards, TD

Ranked Teams:

Clemson - #19 Coaches

NeoGAF Game of the Week

Kent State vs. UCF

WEEK THREE DEADLINE IS MONDAY!

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Four Games

NC Central (GCQuinton) vs. UC Santa Cruz (CPU)
Illinois (KamikazePIPBoy) vs. #4 Ohio State (CPU)
UCF (BigAT4) vs. ECU (CPU)
NC State (storybook77) vs. Pittsburgh (CPU)
Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. Wisconsin (CPU)
Kent State (bobbydigital) vs. Miami (OH) (CPU)
Baylor (Righty10) vs. #18 Clemson (Azwethinkweiz)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Four Headlines

MSU's Dell Enters Heisman Discussion
Clemson Climbs Poll to #18
Illinois On the Verge of Top 25 Appearance
Coach GCQ Hopes His Eagles Get Their First Win This Week

Player of the Week

Greg Jones, MLB, Michgan State
42-35 win over NC State
8 Tackles (4 TFL), 3 Sacks, INT

Ranked Teams:

Clemson - #18 Coaches

NeoGAF Game of the Week

Baylor vs. Clemson

WEEK FOUR DEADLINE IS TUESDAY!

The computer is on some fucking bullshit, 2 fucking kick returns, 2 80 yrd plus runs. I think i stopped them on defense once, and my guys dropped every pass on third down. Fuck that. There was no way i was winning that game no matter what i did, the computer wouldn't have it. I've never lost a game to the computer on any difficulty level and they were going to make sure it happened. Fuck that.

TheCrow

Yeah I've also had games where it seems there was nothing I could do to win. Sometimes the cpu will just decide it's your time to lose. :(

TheCrow said:
Yeah I've also had games where it seems there was nothing I could do to win. Sometimes the cpu will just decide it's your time to lose. :(

I think the main problem i have is the computer can play on aggressive style the entire game and not get a penalty. And as soon as i put it on aggressive on an important third down i get a facemask penalty. And it happens at least once as soon as i switch it over. Makes it impossible to play on the aggressive level but the computer can play like that the whole time and jump every snap and every route. It sucks.

KanZolo

i was going to disagree with you and say as long as you dont try to force plays to rack up stats and play smart u will beat cpu 99% of the time.

Then I played this weeks game agasint Wisconsin and they did run back one kickoff and almost ran back 2 but their HB ran for 431 yards. that the fucking stupidest thing i have have seen.

TheCrow

I think it is a problem with the sliders. CPU blocking on kickoffs are doing too good of a job taking other players out of the play.

Patch 2 coming soon....

Info per Pastapadre

EA Sports has released the details of the second patch for NCAA Football 10. This appears to be a very substantial patch which is somewhat expected since the first patch addressed little other than fixing the sliders, adding the ability to turn off DLC cheats in Online Dynasty, and making the somewhat more accurate rosters playable online. The patch is expected to be out soon but no official date has been specified as of yet.
Continue on for the full patch list. Will this patch be enough to change alter your opinion on the game or is it too little, too late? Leave your thoughts on it in the comments!

Player Lock in Online Games will now move the camera behind the locked player (like Offline games)
Greatly increased the quality of uploaded videos
Fixed an issue with penalties on a change of possession in Overtime
Fixed an issue where you would sometimes lose control of your player going offsides in no huddle situations
Tuned holding chances on Field Goals and Extra Points
Fixed a couple pass coverage issues with Wild Cat plays
Tuned the chuck success chances to favor more neutral results. Wins and Losses are extreme and should occur less for both the offense and defense
AI Tackle slider is now more effective
Lead Blocking tweaks to fix some cases of pulling lineman ignoring defenders
Fixed a few rare cases that would cause players in pursuit to run away from the ball carrier
Tuned the CPU ball carrier to make some smarter choices
Fixed a bug where the CPU would high step at inappropriate times
Tuned player switching logic to give a more appropriate player
Fixed an issue with Punts being spotted incorrectly when the punt went out of bounce
Corrected an issue where pressing in man coverage would cause the CPU to throw the ball too early
If the receiver caught a pass during a slip, rarely would he be ruled down after the catch (even if he got up before making the catch). This has been fixed.
Fixed a bug where sometimes the clock would continue to run after hold on an extra point
Forward pitches are now correctly tracked as passing and receiving yards for the players involved
Receivers will now try and release to the appropriate side of the defender based on their route
Fixed some problems that were causing defensive players to not always get back in time during hurry up plays
Reduced the effect of the Run Block Slider on special teams plays
Tuned how effective the slant route for running backs out of the backfield was
Tuned how far away diving sacks will start from
Fixed an online grieve with pausing the game
Fixed a bug where using a TeamBuilder team as the away team would cause the team colors to be incorrect
Fixed an issue where some Dynasty teams were only able to offer 15 scholarships. You will not have to restart your dynasty for this to take effect, the fix is for offline and online dynasties.
Certain TeamBuilder teams were incorrectly being blocked by the profanity filter and showing up as XXXX, this has been corrected
Fixed and issue where Punt was not the default selection on 4th down and punting distance
Off-centered single digit jersey numbers are now centered correctly
Fixed a crash in Custom Stadium Sounds when the list of files was too long
TeamBuilder teams with & in the name can now be searched properly
Fixed an issue where the “Online Dynasty Servers are Down” pop-up was showing up incorrectly

I'll get my game played tomorrow night....my visions been kinda blurry today, not bad enough to where I can't see at all but enough to annoy me so that I don't feel like playing another football game tonight. Especially after Livewire handed it to me in Madden 35-7.

I'll be playing it sometime after 10 EST.

Top Bottom