• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 10 Online Dynasty Thread

GCQuinton

Looks like everything's back to normal server-wise (for now, at least) so that's good. Now to hunt down BlindRage. He hasn't been active since we started.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
waited around for a bit, but now I'm on a FFXI mission. It might not take long, how late can you play?

GCQuinton

Deadline's in a little over an hour. If you guys plan on playing the game let me know before then or I'll be advancing on schedule.

TheCrow

I should have checked the thread earlier but I got sidetracked on buying a netbook.

I'll be able to play until midnight(CST), but I won't have a problem playing later. Just post when you are available to play and I will get on my 360.

Lonestar

Well, 2 more disconnects, and some laggy spots through out what we did play. It's one of us, not sure who. Until I test connection to someone else, I'm tentatively out of the league.

GCQuinton

Sorry to hear about the disconnects, but since it's the only game that didn't get played I have to advance. I've already done so, so the deadline for Week 3 is Thursday.

Big At im going to be looking to play our game here in the next 2 days, i have to leave for a business trip to canada wednesday morning, any chance you will be available tonight or tomorrow night?

BigAT

I can do it earlier, I was just hoping to watch the end of the Yankees game if it worked out for you. I'm playing a game for another dynasty at 8, how about we get ours in after that one is finished?

BigAT said:
I can do it earlier, I was just hoping to watch the end of the Yankees game if it worked out for you. I'm playing a game for another dynasty at 8, how about we get ours in after that one is finished?

that should work, i should be on barring a disaster.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Three Games

NC Central (GCQuinton) vs. Baylor (Righty10)
#23 Clemson (Azwethinkweiz) vs. Boston College (CPU)
Maryland (BlindRage) vs. Iowa State (CPU)
Shaw (Lonestar) vs. Ole Miss (CPU)
Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. NC State (storybook77)
Kent State (bobbydigital) vs. UCF (BigAT4)
UC Santa Cruz (cubanb) vs. Kentucky (CPU)

Bye Week: Illinois (KamikazePIPBoy), ECU (LiveWire)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Three Headlines

Members Finally Able To Play Their Games, Commish Rejoices
Banana Slugs' Coleman Wins The League's First Player of the Week Award

Player of the Week

Myron Coleman, Jr., UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs
37-35 win over Michigan State
2 Tackles (TFL), Sack, INT, FF

Ranked Teams:

Clemson: #23 Coaches

NeoGAF Game of the Week

Michigan State vs. NC State

WEEK THREE DEADLINE IS THURSDAY!

BigAT

So if I may make a bold suggestion, perhaps we should consider blowing up the league and restarting it. Bobby and I just tried to get our game in and we didn't even make it through the first quarter...twice. I'm in two other online dynasties and have gotten through human vs. human games in both without having these problems (including playing a smooth HvH game in one just minutes before Bobby and I attempted ours).

I can't possibly think of anything else that would cause this aside from the possibility that our league was somehow "corrupted" upon creation and this is the result.

Thoughts?

2 more disconnects :( BigAt said he is in two other leagues with no problems, theres either something wrong with the roster file, the slider settings, or the league is just cursed. Im not sure. Maybe we should try to delete and restart the dynasty if anyone is up for that. I just want to play!

GCQuinton

Lonestar said:
Could it have been possible because of the user created teams?

Lone, your problems are starting to sound like they're related your copy of the game and not the online stuff. Can you install it to your hard drive?

If me and bobbydigital hadn't gotten our game in last week I'd say created teams might be a problem, but I don't think that's the case. Quarter length and sliders aren't the problem either since I've got friends myself playing longer quarters in other ODs. BigAT, are the other ODs you're a part of use created teams?

Regarding "blowing up" the league and starting over, it's something I haven't thought about at serious length before but it did creep into my mind. If that's what everybody wants to do, let me know. The sooner the better!

BigAT

GCQuinton said:
BigAT, are the other ODs you're a part of use created teams?

Nope, no user created teams in either.

I feel like if it were any of the variables (user teams, sliders, etc.) we've discussed above, others would have experienced similar problems. And no one reported similar problems on OS, right?

GCQuinton

BigAT said:
Nope, no user created teams in either.

I feel like if it were any of the variables (user teams, sliders, etc.) we've discussed above, others would have experienced similar problems. And no one reported similar problems on OS, right?

I checked OS and even other places like VirtualSportsNetwork quite a bit when people started having problems and haven't seen anything like this anywhere. I also haven't seen any other ODs having problems with created teams, sliders, length or any other variation so maybe this OD file is "cursed" in some way.

Lonestar

GCQuinton said:
Lone, your problems are starting to sound like they're related your copy of the game and not the online stuff. Can you install it to your hard drive?

If me and bobbydigital hadn't gotten our game in last week I'd say created teams might be a problem, but I don't think that's the case. Quarter length and sliders aren't the problem either since I've got friends myself playing longer quarters in other ODs. BigAT, are the other ODs you're a part of use created teams?

Regarding "blowing up" the league and starting over, it's something I haven't thought about at serious length before but it did creep into my mind. If that's what everybody wants to do, let me know. The sooner the better!

Nope, cannot store on my HD, as it's the old, small HD, and I have 2 gigs left. Just tried earlier, and it wants, I think, 9.2 gigs. Might have been 6, but either is moot. Maybe one day I'll work on getting the bigger HD, but not anytime soon

I don't have it installed on my HD and have had only one disconnect. The game with KanZolo was flawless except for him tackling me at like the 2 yard line with 1 second left to win the game.

BigAT

bobbydigital said:
Cubanb, BigAt, and GC, Do you have the game stored on your hard drives?

Yeah, I have it installed. I haven't had any problems with the exception of games in this OD.

I was just trying to narrow the problem to see if it had anything to do with it, i too have it installed, was thinking maybe if one person had it installed and the other didnt that maybe it caused an issue. But i guess not.

GCQuinton

bobbydigital said:
I was just trying to narrow the problem to see if it had anything to do with it, i too have it installed, was thinking maybe if one person had it installed and the other didnt that maybe it caused an issue. But i guess not.

I had 09 installed to my hard drive ever since the option became available as well and never had problems with it, so I honestly don't think that's the problem. And while I don't have a problem doing it, I really don't wanna blow everything up and start over since the majority of folks are getting their games in now.

I wouldn't necessarily say a majority, so far i've been able to play 1/3 games. And lost one due to the simulation(all three of cuban and my games were close enough that they could have went either way so who knows) I just don't see if getting any better.

GCQuinton

bobbydigital said:
I wouldn't necessarily say a majority, so far i've been able to play 1/3 games. And lost one due to the simulation(all three of cuban and my games were close enough that they could have went either way so who knows) I just don't see if getting any better.

Well then to avoid wasting as much time as possible, let's go ahead and put this to a vote now. I'll go with what the majority of you guys decide, but honestly I don't think this will helpt things.

1. Do you wanna blow up the league and start over?
2. Do you want to still use created teams?

The sooner I get everyone's input, the sooner we can move forward.

cubanb

Banned
GCQuinton said:
Honestly, no, but I guess if that is what the league decides.

GCQuinton said:
Definitely. I don’t see myself being interested in the league without using a user created team or Cal, but Cal is rated too high.

KanZolo

GCQuinton said:
Well then to avoid wasting as much time as possible, let's go ahead and put this to a vote now. I'll go with what the majority of you guys decide, but honestly I don't think this will helpt things.

The sooner I get everyone's input, the sooner we can move forward.

1. not really but if that what it takes to keep it going.

2. dont care

edit:

storybook77 said:
The game with KanZolo was flawless except for him tackling me at like the 2 yard line with 1 second left to win the game.

I believe you mean it was flawless except for my 3 fumbles in the 4th quarter and my one qb getting injured for the season and the other getting injured for 3 weeks. On second thought maybe we should start it over <_<

KanZolo said:
I believe you mean it was flawless except for my 3 fumbles in the 4th quarter and my one qb getting injured for the season and the other getting injured for 3 weeks. On second thought maybe we should start it over <_<

GQ: Whatever the league decides, I'm cool with.

As for your fumbles, I think it's a wash because I had a couple of fumbles that led directly to some of your scores too. Damn rain made for a very sloppy game. :lol

BigAT

1. Unless anyone has any better ideas on how to fix things, I say we do it. It's still very early in the season so it's not like we're wiping away weeks of progress. I just don't want to see the dynasty fall apart because hardly anyone can play human opponents.

2. User created teams are fine.

KanZolo

storybook77 said:
GQ: Whatever the league decides, I'm cool with.

As for your fumbles, I think it's a wash because I had a couple of fumbles that led directly to some of your scores too. Damn rain made for a very sloppy game. :lol

Right but 2 of yours were as your QB got thrown, mine were from my RB...kept on forgetting to put "protect" the ball on. gg though

TheCrow

Since I haven't been able to complete any of my games I was going to wait and see how my next game goes before leaving the dynasty. But my next game would be in 3 weeks, however, if we restart the league I'll be able to find out right away whether I will be staying or leaving the league. I would be in favor of keeping created teams and just restarting.

GCQuinton

Not everybody's given their vote, but the general consensus seems to be that everyone's cool with restarting the dynasty and keeping created teams in.

So, with that said, that's what I'm gonna do when I get home from work tonight. I'll be starting on this around 8:30-9 EST, so if anybody wants to change teams this time around let me know.

KanZolo

GCQuinton said:
Not everybody's given their vote, but the general consensus seems to be that everyone's cool with restarting the dynasty and keeping created teams in.

So, with that said, that's what I'm gonna do when I get home from work tonight. I'll be starting on this around 8:30-9 EST, so if anybody wants to change teams this time around let me know.

Feel bad for ya cuz its a pain to start everything over again.

Commish of the year award!

cubanb

Banned
KanZolo said:
Feel bad for ya cuz its a pain to start everything over again.

Commish of the year award!
I have to play Kanzolo again? Ah crap! I don't know if I can count on lineman INTS again.

GCQuinton

81560-186971-superboy-prime_super.png

RETCON PUNCH BY COMMISH ESTABLISHES NEW ONLINE DYNASTY STATUS QUO

Alright guys, the online dynasty has officially be reset and invites have been sent back out. The only exceptions to that are to two members, one who wanted out and the other who just went AWOL. That said, most of us are now playing three members but some still have four. If members who left want back in, let me know.

Also, since Shaw is no longer in the online dynasty, I've moved UC Santa Cruz over to the WAC so cubanb could have some more competitive games. Without further ado, here are the new human opponents for the NEW season one.

BAYLOR BEARS

NC Central Eagles
Clemson Tigers
Kent State Golden Flashes

CLEMSON TIGERS

Baylor Bears
NC State Wolfpack
Illinois Fighting Illini

ECU PIRATES

NC State Wolfpack
UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs
UCF Golden Knights
NC Central Eagles

ILLINOIS FIGHTING ILLINI

UCF Golden Knights
Michigan State Spartans
Clemson Tigers

KENT STATE GOLDEN FLASHES

NC Central Eagles
UCF Golden Knights
Baylor Bears

MICHIGAN STATE SPARTANS

NC State Wolfpack
Illinois Fighting Illini
UCF Golden Knights

NC CENTRAL EAGLES

Baylor Bears
ECU Pirates

NC STATE WOLFPACK

ECU Pirates
Michigan State Spartans
Clemson Tigers

UC SANTA CRUZ BANANA SLUGS

Michigan State Spartans
ECU Pirates
NC Central Eagles

UCF GOLDEN KNIGHTS

Illinois Fighting Illini
ECU Pirates
Michigan State Spartans

DEADLINE FOR PRESEASON ACTIVITIES IS THURSDAY! LET'S GET THIS KNOCKED OUT!

Top Bottom