• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

Three things:

1) GG AT, I couldn't stop your passing attack to save my life, save for a couple of picks.

2) I don't understand how the game gives the "home" team on a neutral field HFA. Especially when that team is Rutgers and you know they probably bring 27 people to any bowl game they play in. It was really annoying not being able to effectively call audibles.

3) Fumbles seem so cheaply placed in this game. Got a crucial interception when you're down by 3 with 3 minutes left in the game? Cool. We're going to make you fumble on your first play from scrimmage. UGH.

BigAT

Partying in Piscataway as Rutgers walks away with the National Championship following a 24-21 win over Texas Tech.

TTU was within 3 points late in the game, but the game was effectively ended when Texas Tech fumbled the ball deep in their own territory following a Tom Savage interception in the red zone. Rutgers converted the turnover into a touchdown, giving the Scarlet Knights a two score lead with about two minutes left in the game.

Tech made it interesting though, scoring a touchdown in just 30 seconds without even having to use a timeout. Fortunately Rutgers was able to recover the onside kick and managed to run out the clock.

The play of the game came on a 54 yard Tom Savage bomb to Mark Harrison, who made a leaping catch in the end zone. Harrison also won player of the game honors. Highlights of both that catch and Texas Tech's costly fumble are available in the game story.

6rmu51.png

GG Az.

Regarding #2, it's been like that for as long as I can remember unfortunately, dating back to at least NCAA '09. I think in my bowl game last season I was the "road" team even though I was ranked higher than my opponent.

It's just one of a number of things that are lacking from bowl game presentation in general and specifically for the National Championship game. There's absolutely no difference between the NC and any other inconsequential game, aside from a very brief acknowledgement in the pre-game and some awful fanfare afterwards. The best/worst part was the commentary that followed the game. The announcers said, "And Rutgers will stay undefeated. For Texas Tech, this second loss all but closes the door on the National Championship race for them."

GCQuinton

Alright folks, we're officially in the off-season!

First thing up is "Players Leaving". The schools that have to address this (underclassmen leaving early) are the following:

Arkansas (mik)
Michigan State (KanZolo)
Minnesota (BPH)
Nevada (MWS Natural)
Rutgers (BigAT)
Texas Tech (Az)
South Carolina (GCQuinton)

Deadline to take care of that is Midnight EST tonight!! From there we go straight into off-season recruiting. I'll post the prelim schedule for that later today, but it's gonna be fairly quick like it has been.

And on that note, NOOOOOOOOO! Marcus Lattimore's going pro!! Big transition year on both sides of the ball for me.

BigAT

Losing Lattimore is definitely rough. He's a beast, both in-game and real life.

I managed to convince both of the players that were headed to the draft to stay in school, but I'm losing so much this offseason just to graduation. I was already well aware of it before MWS pointed it out, but just on offense I'm losing a 99 WR, a 96 WR, an 87 WR, a 96 QB, a 90 HB and two 85+ O-linemen. I expect nothing but sympathy from the 2-star schools.

Are the coaching changes starting this year or is it next year? I am thinking about moving to another team.

How will you be determining who can move to another school?

GCQuinton

Guess I should post this now. For those thinking about moving to another school, it'll be determined by the manual point system we used last year. Here it is:

We will be using a point system for current users for changing jobs since Online Dynasty doesn't offer the ability to. This is being used well by a number of other dynasties in other communities, and is a fair way to give both small and big-time schools a chance for advancement if they earn it.

Regular Season Points:

(Wins x 2) - (Losses x 2) Eg. a record of (10-3) = 14 points
5 points for winning your conference
5 points for coach of the year award
5 points for going to a BCS bowl game
3 points for winning a bowl game (BCS or not)
1 point for beating a top 25 team
2 points for beating a user
-2 points for losing to a user

Here are the "prices" of moving to a new school. You "spend" the points you have accumulated over your years with your current team and keep what is leftover.

Based on star caliber, losses, and ranking.

2 ** = 20 pts
3 *** = 30 points
4 **** = 50 points
5 ***** = 80 points
6 ****** = 120 points

Penalties for moving to schools with good records:

Loss > 3 = No penalty
Loss = 3 = 10 points

Loss = 2 = 20 points
Loss = 1 = 40 points
Loss = 0 = 80 points
Nat'l Champs = 120 Points

Penalty for going to a school in the Top 25

Top 10 school = 15 points
Top 11-25 School = 5 points

If you're interested in "applying" to switch to another team, PM me. I'd suggest you do it ASAP so you have a little bit of a head start before we move on to recruiting.

mik

mik is unbeatable
You can only talk to players leaving from the console, correct?If it can't be done from the website, I guess I'm screwed, because I don't get home from work until ~8:00 ET.

GCQuinton

mik said:
You can only talk to players leaving from the console, correct?If it can't be done from the website, I guess I'm screwed, because I don't get home from work until ~8:00 ET.

I'm pushing the deadline to midnight EST. After that's over, I'm skipping the transfer part and going straight to recruiting.

Regular Season Points:

(Wins x 2) - (Losses x 2) (35x2) - (2) 70
5 points for winning your conference (5x3) 15
5 points for coach of the year award (5x3) 15
5 points for going to a BCS bowl game (5x3) 15
3 points for winning a bowl game (3x3) 9
1 point for beating a top 25 team 8(?)
2 points for beating a user 16
-2 points for losing to a user -2

146 Points

Striker

Glancing through team's graduations and transfers, so far I have seen:

RU getting a Safety
NEV getting a S, DT
SU getting a DT (has nice attributes, too)
MIN getting a HB

None for Marshall, again. :(

Az, the two guys trying to go Pro are QB Seth Doege and LE Kerry Hyder (35 career sacks, big man!).

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
If someone could tell from the webpage if any of these teams fall under the guidelines of choices:

Penn State
Michigan
Oklahoma State
Texas A&M
Florida State
Auburn
Tennessee
Cal
Oregon State

All I can see is grades of teams, no stars. Most of these are in the B to B+ range, and that's probably off the season you guys just finished.

Azwethinkweiz said:
MWS is going to get Alabama or Florida, haha.

I could :D

Lonestar said:
If someone could tell from the webpage if any of these teams fall under the guidelines of choices:

Penn State
Michigan
Oklahoma State
Texas A&M
Florida State
Auburn
Tennessee
Cal
Oregon State

All I can see is grades of teams, no stars. Most of these are in the B to B+ range, and that's probably off the season you guys just finished.

:lol Really?? Coming in with a top team? You gotta work your way up in this league baby! DCX started with Syracuse!!

Lonestar

And people started with South Carolina, Arkansas, Texas Tech, long as it was in the guidelines. Being 4 years in, these teams aren't even the same as what they started with.

Lonestar said:
And people started with South Carolina, Arkansas, Texas Tech, long as it was in the guidelines. Being 4 years in, these teams aren't even the same as what they started with.

Yeah but outside of those 3 the majority of the league started with lesser teams. Eh that's just like saying "I want the best possible team I can get" instead of "I want to build the best possible team I can make". That way of thinking defeats the point of the league in my opinion but to each his own. Not up to me

GCQuinton

Lonestar said:

As long as they're currently within the guidelines, I don't care what team it is. You're right, though. 4 years in, the landscape's a little different.

Off the top of my head from looking at it this morning, I think Cal and Oregon State fall under the entry guidelines just fine.

MWS Natural said:
Yeah but outside of those 3 the majority of the league started with lesser teams. Eh that's just like saying "I want the best possible team I can get" instead of "I want to build the best possible team I can make". That way of thinking defeats the point of the league in my opinion but to each his own. Not up to me

The reason the three star rule's in place is to accommodate both of those types of people without giving the former too much of a leg up to start with. I personally love building my own teams up, and did it the last two games with Duke and my custom team, but I know that ain't everyone's thing. With this in place, everyone (depending on when they come in) starts on equal footing with a little bit of a shot and they've gotta work to get their team into elite status.

Striker

It goes by records, so that's why my Marshall squad is 4-stars. But truly, take a look at my roster. After these graduations, I think I'll be littered with a couple low 80's and the rest will be 70's and 60's.

Lonestar

MWS Natural said:

"Outside of those 3" :lol That's a pathetic observation. "NEVERMIND this 27% portion of the league!"

If it's all about the "team I can make" why even allow people to collect points to potentially switch to better teams?

So get off of my Dick, it was a simple question that I currently can't get the full info on, away from home. Stars rise and fall, and this far in, I don't know where these and other teams fall in. Last I remember, Texas A&M was ok at the start of the game.

Lonestar said:
"Outside of those 3" :lol That's a pathetic observation. "NEVERMIND this 27% portion of the league!"
We started with 12 teams and South Carolina isn't a perennially top 20 ranked team like many you listed.

Lonestar said:
If it's all about the "team I can make" why even allow people to collect points to potentially switch to better teams?
Because coaching invites are not built into Online Dynasty? lol

Lonestar said:
So get off of my Dick, it was a simple question that I currently can't get the full info on, away from home. Stars rise and fall, and this far in, I don't know where these and other teams fall in. Last I remember, Texas A&M was ok at the start of the game.

Get off your dick? Really?? It wasn't even that serious dude. I've always found people who feel the need to play with the best/overpowered teams humorous. Isn't one autopilot squad enough for you? :lol

Please choose your team quickly so I can be sure to relocate to the right conference :D

Lonestar

Did you even bother reading past Michigan and Penn State?

Having Coaching Invites or not, doesn't answer the question: If building a team from the ground up is so important, why leave it to go to a better, higher ranked team that you had 0% involvement in?

GCQuinton

Lonestar said:

Having Coaching Invites or not, doesn't answer the question: If building a team from the ground up is so important, why leave it to go to a better, higher ranked team that you had 0% involvement in?

gators-coach-urban-meyer.jpg

But seriously, with the current point system in place, even if a person went undefeated for three years they'd still have a tough time moving up to an "elite" (five and six star teams) that came off a top ten/high winning season. At best, they'd still be turning them around to some degree to get them back to that status.

mik

mik is unbeatable
My Arkansas pick was done out of spite--I wanted BYU but their prestige rating was too high. So I took a team twice as good as them :p

I like the Hogs now though.

mik said:
My Arkansas pick was done out of spite--I wanted BYU but their prestige rating was too high. So I took a team twice as good as them :p

I like the Hogs now though.

Why do you like the mormon teams so much? You have Utah in the other league.

Lonestar said:

I'm not and I doubt many in the league would move since they have probably grown some attachment to the team they have built up the same way I have to mine. Hve you actually taken a look at the point system?? Even after only losing 1 game in three seasons I couldn't move to a top six star team with all the negative points you get subtracted. Even though most of the 4star teams probably have talent than I do :lol. But my failure as a recruiter is well documented.

MWS Natural said:
I'm not and I doubt many in the league would move since they have probably grown some attachment to the team they have built up the same way I have to mine. Hve you actually taken a look at the point system?? Even after only losing 1 game in three seasons I couldn't move to a top six star team with all the negative points you get subtracted. Even though most of the 4star teams probably have talent than I do :lol. But my failure as a recruiter is well documented.

Being the paper champion doesn't mean anything in the end. Trust me.

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:

In this post: MWS repeats what I just said five posts up.

Azwethinkweiz said:
Being the paper champion doesn't mean anything in the end. Trust me.

Shows you know how to recruit top talent to your squad. Even though this time around I focused more on attributes that fit my style than stars. That 4 star guy I recruited last year sucked! I won't make that mistake again.

GCQuinton said:
In this post: MWS repeats what I just said five posts up.

You keep outta this Paul Tagliabue!

Lonestar

There's a PocketScout App on Itunes, put in the grade rankings and you'll get a rough estimate of their potential OVR ranking.

Besides, people really need to look at the JUCO players. 3 star players with fantastic ratings. Sure, they're already Juniors, but they can fit talent gaps nicely.

Lonestar

Azwethinkweiz said:
Don't quote me on this, but I believe bringing in JUCOs hurts your academic prestige.

Interesting, I'll have to check out the Jack English league, I've picked up 4-6 JUCO players. I love my JUCO TE, and I'll be sad to see him leave after the season.

Damn can't believe Jefferson wanted to leave early. He was the damn backup RB lol. I promised him he would be a top 5 pick next year if he came back and he complied. I was a bit scared there for a second because I have 0 depth at RB right now and if he left that would have been my season down the drain. Thank God for sports agent money and hookers!

GCQuinton

Okay folks, here's the prelim recruiting schedule. If there's any conflicts with the weeks or knocking out everything else on Thursday, let me know:

Week 1: Midnight EST Tuesday - 6 PM EST Wednesday
Week 2: 6 PM EST Wednesday - Midnight EST Wednesday
Week 3: Midnight EST Wednesday - Noon EST Thursday
Week 4: Noon EST Thursday - 8 PM EST Thursday
Week 5 and remaining offseason activities: 8 PM EST Thursday

Also, Lonestar has joined up as Ole Miss. Greet him as only you guys know how!

GCQuinton said:
Okay folks, here's the prelim recruiting schedule. If there's any conflicts with the weeks or knocking out everything else on Thursday, let me know:

That looks good to me but next week I am going out of town from the 23rd to the 30th and won't have access to an Xbox as far as I know.

Big Papa Husker said:
:O I think the commissioner should vacate all wins by Nevada next season! :lol

Heh we abide within the same NCAA rules as Auburn!

Striker

GCQuinton said:

Sounds good so far... Hope we're able to know the Week 5 recruiting out before too late. I generally like going to sleep Thurs night semi-early due to waking up 4 AM the next day for work.

Nightz

Meh, I get home at 10 EST on weekdays (west coast here), but if 8 EST on Thursday is good for everyone else, I don't mind letting the CPU take care of my stuff.

GCQuinton said:

:O

I am screwed....I'll be at the Falcons game.

Top Bottom