• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

Azwethinkweiz said:
Pro-football should never be played on Thursdays (unless it's Thanksgiving). It's your own fault for encouraging them.

I don't make the damn schedule but I do pay for my season tickets so you're damn right I'm going! :D

KanZolo

GCQuinton said:
Okay folks, here's the prelim recruiting schedule. If there's any conflicts with the weeks or knocking out everything else on Thursday, let me know:

Week 1: Midnight EST Tuesday - 6 PM EST Wednesday
Week 2: 6 PM EST Wednesday - Midnight EST Wednesday
Week 3: Midnight EST Wednesday - Noon EST Thursday
Week 4: Noon EST Thursday - 8 PM EST Thursday
Week 5 and remaining offseason activities: 8 PM EST Thursday

Also, Lonestar has joined up as Ole Miss. Greet him as only you guys know how!

Week 3 scheduled time is brutal.

How late does week 5 go to? Might not be able to finish up till midnight-one am EST

GCQuinton

KanZolo said:
Week 3 scheduled time is brutal.

How late does week 5 go to? Might not be able to finish up till midnight-one am EST

We do week 5 and the rest of the offseason stuff at 8 EST, like the schedule says, and then it takes however long it takes. Based on the last two, it shouldn't be more than an hour tops. At that point, most of your recruiting SHOULD be done, though.

GCQuinton

storybook77 said:
Well at least the rest of you didn't get completely fucked. Hope the CPU doesn't fuck up my depth chart with it's redshirts and cuts.

The only thing you're really going to miss is changing your player positions. You do redshirts and depth chart changes in the preseason and I've (personally) never seen the CPU get wacky when it came to cuts, if you even are in the position to have to do that, anyway.

As far as the recruiting goes, you can do it from the web, and I'll be home to advance, hence the Week 3 deadline. No real reason to drag that out.

The hyperbole police are about to get a warrant and bring some of you guys in. Sheesh.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Don't know what'll happen when I face Alabama. Might just let a sim happen, don't know how I'd feel about trying to beat my Team.

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
Don't know what'll happen when I face Alabama. Might just let a sim happen, don't know how I'd feel about trying to beat my Team.
WTF are you even playing, this is the most idiotic sentence i have ever read :/

DCX

DCX said:
WTF are you even playing, this is the most idiotic sentence i have ever read :/

autopilot_1.jpg

KanZolo

GCQuinton said:
The only thing you're really going to miss is changing your player positions. You do redshirts and depth chart changes in the preseason and I've (personally) never seen the CPU get wacky when it came to cuts, if you even are in the position to have to do that, anyway.

As far as the recruiting goes, you can do it from the web, and I'll be home to advance, hence the Week 3 deadline. No real reason to drag that out.

The hyperbole police are about to get a warrant and bring some of you guys in. Sheesh.
Well since I cannot recruit from work and have to wake up at like 4 am to drive for 3.5 hours, work and then drive back. 12 am to 6 pm is terrible.

GCQuinton

KanZolo said:
Well since I cannot recruit from work and have to wake up at like 4 am to drive for 3.5 hours, work and then drive back. 12 am to 6 pm is terrible.

Sucks to hear and I'm sorry, but the fact of the matter is I can't, and never have, held the league back at this point to please one or two people's specific schedules. We'd be in the offseason forever if I did. I gotta go with when the majority's free. Unfortunately, if you're not a part of that, I suggest you set your assistant CPU settings properly.

BigAT

Rutgers is now officially a 6-star school.

AiJEr.jpg

Texas Tech and Arkansas as well, but who gives a shit about those glorified high schools.

Striker

I know missing cuts and position changes is the most heartbreaking. No issue for me missing these late recruiting meetings, although some good players may come out of it.

I'm finished with Week 2, btw.

storybook77 said:
Exactly and that dirty panthers fan knew I wouldn't be available! :p

Can we possibly knock out 2 weeks of recruiting tonight to speed up the schedule so story can make changes?? We are at 7/12 now so if a few more chump on we can advance then advance again before 12.

MWS Natural said:
Can we possibly knock out 2 weeks of recruiting tonight to speed up the schedule so story can make changes?? We are at 7/12 now so if a few more chump on we can advance then advance again before 12.
Appreciate the sentiment but I wouldn't be able to do it that late tonight. Getting up earlier so I can get into work early. Leaving to go tailgate around lunch time.

Does anyone even have any prospects? There were like 3 guys I could possibly get and I'm already out of the running. Worst offseason recruiting yet.

BigAT

I actually did pretty well with the new prospects. I think I have gotten 4 commits from new 4-star players, possibly with a 5th to come.

BigAT said:
I actually did pretty well with the new prospects. I think I have gotten 4 commits from new 4-star players, possibly with a 5th to come.

I see like every single top recruit have you as their #1 team...I got no such love when I won the National Championship =/

Even worse my pitches didn't even go up! I STILL have at least 6 "C's" for pitches....sucks.

Lonestar

Azwethinkweiz said:
Does anyone even have any prospects? There were like 3 guys I could possibly get and I'm already out of the running. Worst offseason recruiting yet.

I can't get anymore

Think Ole Miss has something like 9 CB's, 3 punters, and 7 QB's.

Striker

Well, outside getting three QB's, I don't mind my new recruits. I didn't upgrade much at WR, so hopefully that doesn't stun my developments. No TE either, although I prefer more of a blocking TE right now. Never could get a C at all, therefore it appears I'll have to slide one of my OT's over.

Wish we could just advance through the rest of the recruiting tonight. The real fun of the off-season is position changes and progression. Before progression my team looks like total shit but is at least half way decent after a few point bumps here and there.

Lonestar

So what's the overall schedule? Just to finish up recruiting tonight, or to go all the way to preseason or even the start of the season?

Lonestar said:
So what's the overall schedule? Just to finish up recruiting tonight, or to go all the way to preseason or even the start of the season?
I think we go all the way through to preseason. =D

I'm ready to advance whenever you guys are!

GCQuinton

Lonestar said:
Finish up the offseason tonight and move into preseason, I do schedules tomorrow morning, season starts right after that. So if you wanna redshirt guys, tonight after we finish offseason stuff is the time to do it.

Striker

I'm ready. Let's begin ASAP! I will do everything until we get to new recruits and redshirting. I can mingle with that tomorrow after work.

EDIT

I guess by your post I have to finish it all tonight. -_-

Let's rip through this quick then. :D

Top Bottom