• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

mik said:
What happened to your plasma?

I need to give mine a break from the EA Sports logo, for sure.

I'm taking the 42inch S2 I have back and getting the 50inch G20. There is nothing wrong with it but I have money for a bigger/better TV so I'm upgrading.

Azwethinkweiz said:
What kind of crappy Plasmas do you people buy? I have a Kuro and I never have IR or anything like that.

I have a Pioneer Kuro 5020FD and a Panasonic 42 s2 which I am upgrading, I also have a 23inch Samsung LCD for my PC.

mik said:
I have a Panasonic VT25. Image retention is a bitch.
Really?? Didn't have any problems with image retention on the S2. I did run the slides for the first 100 hours though. I hope the G20 doesn't have it worse than the S2 did..

mik

mik is unbeatable
I didn't, which is why I'm on the "break in your shit" bandwagon. I believed people who told me "oh, you don't need to do that with modern plasmas."

BigAT

I saw plenty of opinions on both sides, so I decided to play it safe and break mine in. I would put it on before I left for work in the morning, so it wasn't even inconvenient as I logged a ton of hours in just a couple of days.

Any update on the Rose Bowl? I will stay up late to get through the recruiting portion of the off-season, or the whole off-season, if we do end up advancing tonight :)

KanZolo

Big Papa Husker said:
Any update on the Rose Bowl? I will stay up late to get through the recruiting portion of the off-season, or the whole off-season, if we do end up advancing tonight :)
I cannot confirm nor deny any rumors that KanZolo is waiting for Nightz to get get home from work

Oh man just got home with the new set and got everything setup, BIG UPGRADE. The reflections are much less and colors look really natural in THX mode. It sucked their system was down so I had to pay for it in cash but it was well worth the upgrade.

Logged in and ready to go!

GCQuinton

Rose Bowl's being played now. mik's not on my friends list so I wouldn't know his status till his game is played.

And you guys are "ready to go" for what? I'll advance if all the games are played tonight sure, but I never confirmed we were doing all the offseason stuff tonight.

GCQuinton said:
Rose Bowl's being played now. mik's not on my friends list so I wouldn't know his status till his game is played.

And you guys are "ready to go" for what? I'll advance if all the games are played tonight sure, but I never confirmed we were doing all the offseason stuff tonight.
Well it's too late now to do all but at least we should be able to do the off-season recruiting.

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
Well it's too late now to do all but at least we should be able to do the off-season recruiting.

Allow me to kill any hopes of that too. We're not. Depending on when mik plays his game (which again, the deadline for is FRIDAY), we'll gradually knock out the recruiting over the remaining weekdays and weekend. Earliest shot at that point to knock out the rest of the offseason stuff is Monday night.

And the Rose Bowl's currently in double overtime, btw.

EDIT: And Cal wins the Rose Bowl 30-27.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Double OT? Awesome. I'll be playing mine after work tomorrow. I just got back from taking the kid to a birthday party and I have some work to do tonight yet. Sorry gang.

Nightz

GG man. You had all the momentum in the 4th and all my key players were getting injured left and right. I thought it was over after I only kicked a FG in the first OT, good thing my D came through in the end.

Going out after work but should be home by 9PM EST. Well...if things go really well I might not be coming home at all but I doubt it lol.

GCQuinton said:
1. Do you want to turn HFA off next season?

Perhaps a compromise can be made to turn HFA off only when the bowls start, since they are hosted on a neutral field.

Striker

I can stay up until 9 at the latest, since I have to be up at 4 AM Friday morning.

Would love to get this out of the way before then, but if not Friday around 6 or so would be better (similar to how we did it last time).

Striker said:
I can stay up until 9 at the latest, since I have to be up at 4 AM Friday morning.

Would love to get this out of the way before then, but if not Friday around 6 or so would be better (similar to how we did it last time).

I'm pretty sure Mik is on the left coast, so I don't think he'll even be done by 9pm, if you're talking EST anyway.

Yeah from all of the different schedules it's looking like Sunday is the only free day for everyone. But I don't want to assume anything and risk bringing down the wrath of the Commish again =/.

NeoGaf_Network-1.jpg

1189400881_1848666396_nevada_8.gif

-Reno, Nevada

Okay, so if you haven't heard yet, Nevada is really good at football.
Now that that is established, here is the main reason Nevada is so good:
Their players get fat under the table contracts? No.
Their coach has known ties to BALCO? Nope.
Their field is lined with coke instead of white paint? Not that either.
Their good because they can run the football with the best of them and this year they may have fielded the greatest young running back duo of all time. Two freshmen All-American’s have the opportunity to form a dynasty in the biggest little city in the country.

The Trophy Winner
This season, Terrence McCloud rushed for a total of 1,658 yards and 17 touchdowns on his way to the WAC Freshman of the year Trophy and a spot on the Doak Walker award list. Coming in as the 3rd best RB recruit in the national big things were expected of him and he delivered.
McCloud dominated WAC defenses and was virtually unstoppable. He averaged 8.8 yards a carry, which is almost unheard of for a season. Needless to say, he was regarded as the best freshman in the country.

The Second String
Enough about the praised five star recruit; let's talk about the second-string running back Charles Parker. Who wants to hear about a second-string back? Well, everyone wants to when the team's second-string back is considered by many as one of the top backs in the nation.
While backing up McCloud this year, Parker piled up 88 carries for 1050 yards and 16 touchdowns, with a “video game like” 11.9 yards a carry. Yeah, the second string had even better numbers than the first string at one point in the season, but you have to factor in that McCloud missed three games and was was not 100 percent at the end of the year.

As a Duo
Well, if not thoroughly impressed by their individual numbers, just think that one needs to add these two sets of statistics together to get a feel for the WolfPack’s running game as a whole. Together in 2015, the duo rushed for a whopping 2,248 total yards on the way to a Fiesta Bowl win and #2 AP ranking. This is an average of 10 yards every time one of these two beasts gets the ball.

If this duo can stay healthy and maintain these types of numbers, they will be without a doubt the best tandem of running backs college football has ever seen. They have already joined the likes of Reggie Bush-LenDale White (USC), Laurence Maroney-Marion Barber (Minnesota), and Darren McFadden-Felix Jones (Arkansas) as one of the greatest duos in history, but if the numbers keep piling up, and the WolfPack keep on rolling, they will go down as the all-time greatest tandem in college football.

MWS Natural said:
Together in 2015, the duo rushed for a whopping 2,248 total yards on the way to a Fiesta Bowl win and #2 AP ranking.
I believe my QB and RB rushed for more, except I choked against the CPU and ended up in the Capital One Bowl. :(

EDIT: Nevermind, my duo ran for 2187yds. :|

GCQuinton

And I was just about to retire for the night...

For tonight, I'm only going to advance to the outgoing player phase and I'll plan out the offseason stuff in the morning. Don't get your hopes up for doing everything tomorrow night, though. The earliest that's even a possibility for everyone is on Monday, so the weekend is most likely gonna be spent on recruiting so everyone's around for the good stuff.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Big Papa Husker said:
I just saw that Mik finished his game, barely beating OSU. Man I hate those bastards....

Mik, what happened, a quick recap maybe?
That team is nuts. I was ahead 35-24 with two minutes left.

36 points scored between the two teams in the final two minutes. Every time I thought I had them put away, they got a miracle bullshit TD to regain the lead. I scored on a QB scramble with 16 seconds left to get the win.

I think that's going to be my NCAA 11 swan song. I have some things to attend to and want to give my brain and my TV a rest while I'm still enjoying the game. Hopefully I can steal a spot in the NCAA 12 league come July.

mik

mik is unbeatable
MWS Natural said:
Together in 2015, the duo rushed for a whopping 2,248 total yards on the way to a Fiesta Bowl win and #2 AP ranking
Walker (Sr QB) and Beck (Soph HB) combined for 2,792 this year.

GCQuinton

mik said:
I think that's going to be my NCAA 11 swan song. I have some things to attend to and want to give my brain and my TV a rest while I'm still enjoying the game. Hopefully I can steal a spot in the NCAA 12 league come July.

The day that I feared was coming but didn't want to. Thanks for playing man, and if you ever wanna jump back in before NCAA '12 we're here!

mik said:
Walker (Sr QB) and Beck (Soph HB) combined for 2,792 this year.
Natural, your guys got demolished by Mik's dudes. Wow, that is a crazy stat line.

mik said:
It was fun... I never was able to beat you, so I will remember that for NCAA12. ;) Hope to see you in the league again next year.

mik

mik is unbeatable
For sure (and I'm still going to troll this thread :p ). It's hard to find a league of good guys to play, and I literally never encountered anyone playing like an ass. That's priceless stuff.

BigAT

mik said:
For sure (and I'm still going to troll this thread :p ). It's hard to find a league of good guys to play, and I literally never encountered anyone playing like an ass. That's priceless stuff.
Sorry to see you go mik.

On a positive note, no one is even attempting to leave Rutgers!

mik said:
Sorry to see you go...you got two sweet ass transfers too! lol see ya next year!

Big Papa Husker said:
Natural, your guys got demolished by Mik's dudes. Wow, that is a crazy stat line.
You are comparing a Redshirt Senior and Sophomore to two true freshmen >_>

Besides if you are talking about pure numbers you must not have seen the single season stat line for the NCAA All-Time leading rusher :)
No Heisman FTL

BigAT said:
Sorry to see you go mik.

On a positive note, no one is even attempting to leave Rutgers!
Lucky you. I just wasted 3 freakin' hours to get my KICKER to stay lol.

I had 4 guys leaving, convinced 3 to stay. Let my HB go purposely. Want to fumble 3 times in the national championship? Good luck in the pros, moron!

Here is my availability in the next few days:

Friday - Available all day/evening
Saturday - Unavailable until about 8-9PM central
Sunday - Available late afternoon-early evening.

May I suggest that we do recruiting a week at a time like we did 2 seasons ago, with 6-12 hour windows until we can get everyone on to finish up? Just a suggestion, because I don't know the availability of everyone else.

Friday - Free after 8pm
Saturday- Free by 6pm
Sunday - Free all day
Monday - Free after 8PM

It's so much better when we do it all at once but with so man different schedules it's looking like we will have to stretch it out =/

GCQuinton

Okay folks, here's the preliminary offseason schedule based on everyone's availability.

Players Leaving

Now - 9 PM EST

Recruiting

Week 1: 9 PM EST - Noon EST Saturday
Week 2: Noon EST - Midnight Sunday
Week 3: Midnight EST - Noon EST
Week 4: Noon EST - Midnight EST Monday
Week 5: Midnight - 8 PM EST

*This isn't set in stone. If you guys finish faster, I'll advance and adjust accordingly.

Finish up the offseason (transfers, position changes, cuts, etc.)

8 PM EST Monday

GCQuinton said:
Okay folks, here's the preliminary offseason schedule based on everyone's availability.

Players Leaving

Now - 9 PM EST

Recruiting

Week 1: 9 PM EST - Noon EST Saturday
Week 2: Noon EST - Midnight Sunday
Week 3: Midnight EST - Noon EST
Week 4: Noon EST - Midnight EST Monday
Week 5: Midnight - 8 PM EST

*This isn't set in stone. If you guys finish faster, I'll advance and adjust accordingly.

Finish up the offseason (transfers, position changes, cuts, etc.)

8 PM EST Monday
That schedule will work for me.

Sounds good. I would like to request more time for position changes? You guys seem to rush through it but I actually do make a good amount of position changes on my team from year to year.

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
Sounds good. I would like to request more time for position changes? You guys seem to rush through it but I actually do make a good amount of position changes on my team from year to year.

We go as fast as we go, but I've always waited on people to do their stuff. No exceptions this time around.

And I forgot to mention this earlier, but the HFA being turned off for the bowls works for me. It'll go into effect this coming season.

Nightz

My fiancee and I have an appointment with a videographer at that time on Monday so I won't be able to make it. But like I said, I'm ok with the CPU handling everything for me.

GCQuinton

BigAT said:
Any chance we can advance earlier tonight or extend week 1 into tomorrow morning? I think I'm going out tonight (given it's Friday) and it's kind of rough having week 1 of recruiting for just a 3 hour period.

Week 1's for 15 hours. We advance to Week 2 at noon EST tomorrow.

Top Bottom