• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Bowl Season Games

AutoZone Liberty Bowl: Marshall (Striker) vs. Mississippi State (CPU)
Chick-fil-A Bowl: South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. Georgia Tech (CPU)
Capital One Bowl: #10 Minnesota (BPH) vs. #19 Georgia (CPU)
Rose Bowl: #5 Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. #11 Cal (Nightz)
Tostitos Fiesta Bowl: #3 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. #12 LSU (CPU)
AllState Sugar Bowl: #4 Arkansas (mik) vs. #8 Ohio State (CPU)
BCS National Championship: #2 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz) vs. #1 Rutgers (BigAT)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Bowl Season Headlines

BCS National Championship Features A Year 3 Rematch; Can Texas Tech Come Out On Top This Time Around?
Michigan State's Keith Mumphrey Joins Archie Griffin As A Two-Time Heisman Winner
Texas Tech Leads Nation In All-Americans
Rose Bowl Gains Newfound Relevance As Michigan State Takes On Cal

NeoGAF Online Dynasty 2014 Heisman Trophy Winner

Keith Mumphrey, WR, Michigan State

BOWL SEASON DEADLINE IS FRIDAY!!

GCQuinton

KanZolo said:

No idea what you're talking about...

It's also worth noting that whoever wins the national championship between Az and BigAT will be the first member of the "Real League 1" online dynasties (the ones I've been running for the last THREE years now, despite outsider comments that suggest otherwise) to win two national titles.

KanZolo

GCQuinton said:
No idea what you're talking about...

It's also worth noting that whoever wins the national championship between Az and BigAT will be the first member of the "Real League 1" online dynasties (the ones I've been running for the last THREE years now, despite outsider comments that suggest otherwise) to win two national titles.
thats what it said when u posted it...

BigAT

Besides being a year 3 rematch, I believe this is also the third consecutive Rutgers/Texas Tech bowl game. TTU won whatever BCS Bowl we played in last season.

I should have won the NC last year but you clowns couldn't beat Florida, even though you had 3 shots at them collectively.

Also, I can play right now AT.

BigAT

Azwethinkweiz said:
I should have won the NC last year but you clowns couldn't beat Florida, even though you had 3 shots at them collectively.

Also, I can play right now AT.
Cool, I'm heading on in a second.

Well it will be nice next year I might actually get a decent enough Preseason ranking to have a fuggin chance at the National Championship..

LOL @ my entire team making All-WAC.

I just pulled out the win by a FG with 3 seconds left. All I have to say is that the CPU tried everything to cheat me out of the win and I mean cheat... For example... I get in range for a 37yd FG to win the game. I call a TO with 3 seconds left. I line up, they call a TO, doing so with their remaining 2 TOs. The playcall screen comes up and the damn kicking bar is OVER the playcall screen. I can't hit A because it brings up the kicking help screen so I get a penalty and I get backed up to the 42 yard line. (Thinking about it now, I probably could have called a TO, but who knows if that would have worked) Luckily the kick was a straight shot or else my lousy kicker would have missed it. I line up and kick it through. Minnesota wins 24-23! =D

GG, AT. As usual it gave you HFA for the game and as usual it fucked me. I thought I had a good plan but all those fumbles were too much. And on top of that, I couldn't stop you on defense.

WTF CGQ you raise the CPU sliders or something?? LOL. They were busting my ass 21-7 I had to come back and barely won on the last play of the game stopping them on 4th and goal from the 3yard line. If not for two HUGE INT's by Jim Thorpe winner Erick Dargan LSU would have ran way with it.

GCQuinton

Big Papa Husker said:
I just pulled out the win by a FG with 3 seconds left. All I have to say is that the CPU tried everything to cheat me out of the win and I mean cheat... For example... I get in range for a 37yd FG to win the game. I call a TO with 3 seconds left. I line up, they call a TO, doing so with their remaining 2 TOs. The playcall screen comes up and the damn kicking bar is OVER the playcall screen. I can't hit A because it brings up the kicking help screen so I get a penalty and I get backed up to the 42 yard line. (Thinking about it now, I probably could have called a TO, but who knows if that would have worked) Luckily the kick was a straight shot or else my lousy kicker would have missed it. I line up and kick it through. Minnesota wins 24-23! =D

MWS Natural said:
WTF CGQ you raise the CPU sliders or something?? LOL. They were busting my ass 21-7 I had to come back and barely won on the last play of the game stopping them on 4th and goal from the 3yard line. If not for two HUGE INT's by Jim Thorpe winner Erick Dargan LSU would have ran way with it.

Welcome to CPU SEC Football.

Judging from all the not so subtle complaining about the CPU/sliders/settings, I think we're about due for another round of voting on that. So, everybody answer the following questions whenever you get the chance.

1. Do you want to turn HFA off next season?
2. Do you want to change CPU games to the default All-American sliders?

Striker said:
LSU probably drank the same juice WVU did when I played them, except I made too many errors to keep myself in it.
RoboQB + 99BTK WR's = Natural Kryptonite =(

Can't believe I had to make a one on one tackle at the 1 yard line to win the game.

GCQuinton said:
Welcome to CPU SEC Football.

Judging from all the not so subtle complaining about the CPU/sliders/settings, I think we're about due for another round of voting on that. So, everybody answer the following questions whenever you get the chance.

1. Undecided. It's a part of college football..not sure how I feel about it yet.
2. No. I wish we could use the All-American sliders my other dynasty uses, they adjusted the CPU and human sliders and it comes out very realistic football. I can find out what they are if you would like.

Striker

GCQuinton said:
Well, my stance will be pretty simple.

1. I have a young QB, but I say keep it.
2. The only change I would make is the CPU attempting to run the ball more. They seem to get pass happy with me, though that is probably more due to their offensive scheme than the sliders themselves. I may win often than expected, but that's mainly due to my conference. I played WVU and hadn't it been for a couple lucky breaks in the 2nd half, I would have gotten whooped 31-14, if not worse. My defense gave up three TD's in their first three defensive series.

BigAT

NeoGaf_Network-1.jpg

zVvGL.jpg

GLENDALE (AP) - The Scarlet Knights of Rutgers managed to overcome an early 14-0 deficit as they rallied to defeat the Texas Tech Red Raiders 35-21 in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl. The win gave Rutgers their second National Championship, the first team ever to accomplish this feat, at least since world governments unilaterally agreed to the Record Book Burning Protocol of 2009.

Texas Tech looked unstoppable on offense early on, easily scoring touchdowns with a balanced attack on their first two drives of the game. Some slight adjustments by Rutgers on defense (namely: deciding to pick fumbles up off the ground) would result in that being the last time the Texas Tech offense would score.

Rutgers tied the game at 14 going into the half on two Brandon Coleman touchdowns. Coleman, a Heisman trophy finalist, looked especially beastly on his second TD of the game where he shrugged off several tackles to battle his way into the endzone*.

The second half started off quite poorly for the Scarlet Knights though, with Texas Tech pounding RU QB Melvin Harrison on a failed play-action pass. The resulting duck was grabbed out of the air by a Texas Tech DE and promptly returned for a TD*. In addition, Brandon Coleman was knocked out for the remainder of the game with an abdominal tear. Rutgers managed to hold things together though and battled back for a 28-21 lead going into the 4th.

Texas Tech began the final quarter with a well put together drive that set them up with first and goal, ready to score the game-tying TD. Rutgers' defense stepped up huge however, and stopped the Red Raiders on the following four plays, forcing a turnover on downs.

Rutgers was in trouble though, backed up to their own 1 yard line with 3:40 left in the game. Thankfully, Marcus Thompson put a dagger into Texas Tech's hopes with an amazing 99-yard TD run to seal the game*. Thompson finished the day with 214 yards rushing and a touchdown.

* - Denotes highlight of the play is available in the game story.

GG Az.

1. Its fine, I guess
2. The only think that I would change is to lower the CPU Run blocking. It seems that whenever I play a running team I have many plays similar to Natural's highlight where the LSU RB has 4 lineman running with him.

Also, are we going to do the off-season the way we did last year (in game time) with everyone being on at a certain time and flying through it?

BigAT

Azwethinkweiz said:
AT had the more talented team. You are welcome to check the rosters if you don't believe me.
Indeed, at least according to the pregame letter ratings. I was actually surprised to see your team rated so "low" given the talent you had when I glanced through your depth chart.

BigAT said:
Indeed, at least according to the pregame letter ratings. I was actually surprised to see your team rated so "low" given the talent you had when I glanced through your depth chart.

My team is really young. Check back in a season or two, as it should be a lot different by then.

Nightz

KanZolo said:
I was not...I should be available this evening
I should be around tonight.

On another note, I'll be going to Vegas late Thursday night and coming home late Sunday night. I'm sure you guys will plan to do the whole offseason this weekend, so I'm ok with the CPU handling everything for me. BUT if you want to wait for me to get back... ;)

Nightz said:
I should be around tonight.

On another note, I'll be going to Vegas late Thursday night and coming home late Sunday night. I'm sure you guys will plan to do the whole offseason this weekend, so I'm ok with the CPU handling everything for me. BUT if you want to wait for me to get back... ;)

If you clowns can get your game out of the way tonight, maybe we can do it after.

GCQuinton

Azwethinkweiz said:
If you clowns can get your game out of the way tonight, maybe we can do it after.

Tonight might be a long shot depending on when everyone finishes their game, but you guys wanna shoot for the "one night offseason" tomorrow?

GCQuinton said:
Tonight might be a long shot depending on when everyone finishes their game, but you guys wanna shoot for the "one night offseason" tomorrow?

If you can start it early enough. Even if we can't do all of it tonight, if all the games are done we can maybe get the first few things knocked out? First deadline being noon tomorrow and second one being maybe 6pm? Then we can do the real stuff at 7pm or something? Just a thought.

Tonight works best for me, tomorrow night I have plans.

Azwethinkweiz said:
AT had the more talented team. You are welcome to check the rosters if you don't believe me.

Going by just overall you are correct but going player by player I would still take your team over his because of more overall team speed. His starting RB is 90+ but is a bit slow for my offense. Like anything it's all about getting quality players that fit how you play.

Striker

GCQuinton said:
Tonight would be great - any time really.

I'll get my Bowl game in this afternoon.

MWS Natural said:
Tonight works best for me, tomorrow night I have plans.

Going by just overall you are correct but going player by player I would still take your team over his because of more overall team speed. His starting RB is 90+ but is a bit slow for my offense. Like anything it's all about getting quality players that fit how you play.

Speed is great, and that's how I started off so fast. You know what's not great? Fumbling the ball. You can have all the speed in the world (which is what I recruit), but when they can't hold onto it, it doesn't matter. Believe me, and I'm sure AT would agree, the reason I lost the game was my players (including my RB who had two lost fumbles himself) not holding on to the ball. Nothing I can do about that, since the game engine decides when I drop the ball. They weren't even hard hits. A guy would do a routine tackle and the ball would pop out.

Azwethinkweiz said:
Speed is great, and that's how I started off so fast. You know what's not great? Fumbling the ball. You can have all the speed in the world (which is what I recruit), but when they can't hold onto it, it doesn't matter. Believe me, and I'm sure AT would agree, the reason I lost the game was my players (including my RB who had two lost fumbles himself) not holding on to the ball. Nothing I can do about that, since the game engine decides when I drop the ball. They weren't even hard hits. A guy would do a routine tackle and the ball would pop out.

That sucks but at least NCAA does give you some control over the amount of fumbles and drops unlike Madden.

MWS Natural said:
That sucks but at least NCAA does give you some control over the amount of fumbles and drops unlike Madden.

Switching to conservative negates the only advantage I have, which is speed. But I suppose you are right.

BigAT

I was wondering during our game if all of the fumbles, at least the ones from your running back, was as a result of having a true freshman in there. At least I seem to remember you saying at some point during the season you were using a true freshman as RB. What is his carry rating?

BigAT said:
I was wondering during our game if all of the fumbles, at least the ones from your running back, was as a result of having a true freshman in there. At least I seem to remember you saying at some point during the season you were using a true freshman as RB. What is his carry rating?

No, that guy is paper mache and has been injured for most of the season. My promise to him that he would be a freshman all-american was broken because his brittle ass couldn't keep itself on the field. It was my redshirt sophomore playing the game. Still, he's still and underclassman so I'm sure that contributed.

His carry rating is a 68 btw :(

Azwethinkweiz said:
No, that guy is paper mache and has been injured for most of the season. My promise to him that he would be a freshman all-american was broken because his brittle ass couldn't keep itself on the field. It was my redshirt sophomore playing the game. Still, he's still and underclassman so I'm sure that contributed.

His carry rating is a 68 btw :(

No it wasn't. He made it as a returner :)

BigAT said:

I agree with this because both of my freshman HB's have coughed it up in big games this year. I've been lucky to get most of them back but I do think there is a correlation between fumbles/drops and freshmen in big games.

Azwethinkweiz said:
That's hilarious since I'm pretty sure he did not have more than 10 returns all season. Although one was for a touchdown.
I was telling BP the other day that it doesn't take much to make the freshman all-american team. If a freshman starts he will most likely make it. My DE made it last year and he only had 3 sacks lol. Both of my RB's made it this year when it slows down at work today there may be an NSN article incoming :)

mik

mik is unbeatable
I forgot to see if I had anyone make the AA team. I would hope my HB got a spot somewhere, even though he was never in the Heisman discussion. He was relatively beastly.

mik said:
I forgot to see if I had anyone make the AA team. I would hope my HB got a spot somewhere, even though he was never in the Heisman discussion. He was relatively beastly.
From memory BOTH of your DT's made it and I think your RB did. Striker could probably tell you, I think he is at home right now. I think my DT not making 1st or 2nd team was a huge snub because he had just as many tackles and sacks as they guys that did. Oh well he was only Junior so there is always next year.

GCQuinton

mik said:
Don't any of you guys work for a living? Sheesh.

Deadline's still Friday. Don't feel like you have to rush because of everybody else running in here with the "OMG CAN WE HAZ ADVANCE TONIGHT?!" posts. Any offseason stuff will be planned after that.

mik said:
Don't any of you guys work for a living? Sheesh.
Yeah...I'm at work right now. I work in IT so I am always on the net.

GCQuinton said:
Deadline's still Friday. Don't feel like you have to rush because of everybody else running in here with the "OMG CAN WE HAZ ADVANCE TONIGHT?!" posts. Any offseason stuff will be planned after that.

Seriously though I forgot that I have to go to Best Buy to take my plasma back, but I should be ready to go around 8PM EST.

Top Bottom