• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

Didn't realize I have the #1 toughest place to play now. And my ratings are better than at least 7 teams in front of me. How do they decide these preseason rankings?

BigAT said:
Az, what's your availability like for tomorrow?

I can play at 6:30pm EST if you're available.

Nightz

Big Papa Husker said:
Nightz I can play tonight after 7PM central. Let me know what works.
My fiancee and I will be going to a meeting with a videographer around 8 central, so that's a no go. I'll let you know when I get home though.

Edit: I'm off from work today so if there's any chance you can play in the morning, that would work.

Nightz said:
My fiancee and I will be going to a meeting with a videographer around 8 central, so that's a no go. I'll let you know when I get home though.

Edit: I'm off from work today so if there's any chance you can play in the morning, that would work.
I could play earlier... maybe 6:30 central?

BigAT

Azwethinkweiz said:
Didn't realize I have the #1 toughest place to play now. And my ratings are better than at least 7 teams in front of me. How do they decide these preseason rankings?

I can play at 6:30pm EST if you're available.
That should work, I'll see you then.

Will South Carolina's much hyped freshman phenom Jay Thompson debut as stud or a dud?

What QB will start in Minnesota?

Will Texas Tech finally be able to turn their recruiting success into a BCS Title?

Is Cal overrated or the read deal?

Will MSU's passing game be the same without their dynamic Wide Receiver Keith Mumphrey?

Will the inexperience of Rutgers' special teams hurt them in big games?

Can Cooper and Thomas lead Marshall to the promised land?

BigAT

Will the thugs that have been recruited to Nevada manage to avoid appearing in the police blotter during their week of free time?

Nightz

Big Papa Husker said:
I could play earlier... maybe 6:30 central?
Negative good sir. Just booked another meeting at that time, sorry. Guess we can try after the second meeting if you're still around. I'll post here when I get home.

Azwethinkweiz said:
Question:
Will Nevada drop out of the top 25 due to being idle?
See? Not difficult at all.
Perhaps. But that would be bad for you, wouldn't want to lose to and unranked team next week would you? :)

BigAT said:
Will the thugs that have been recruited to Nevada manage to avoid appearing in the police blotter during their week of free time?
lol why do I have to have the thugs? My incoming players are contributing members of the community!

MWS Natural said:
Perhaps. But that would be bad for you, wouldn't want to lose to and unranked team next week would you? :)

I'm not even worried about that yet. I'm focused on beating the #2 team in the country right now, and AT seems to always have my number. That being said, I think this is the first time I'll have HFA against him.

Striker

Whew, escaped away from WVU. Almost got hit with a loss until I stuffed them on 4th & Goal with :30 left.

Made one stupid INT where the LB was looking away from my pass and still picked off a wide open target who I had intended would have gotten. Also missed out on a FG opportunity at the end of the 1st half because of no timeouts and they were able to tackle me inside the field of play.

BigAT

MWS Natural said:
lol why do I have to have the thugs? My incoming players are contributing members of the community!
Cleaning up the community.

BigSweep3.gif

If my players aren't here:

mn-carver31_beas_0499978267.jpg

They are here:
lecture-hall.jpg

We run a tight ship here in Reno. As the 5 time NCAA Coach of the Year© my focus is on improving the mind and body of all Wolfpack football players. They come into my program as young boys and leave as men.

GCQuinton

south-carolina-gamecocks-logo2.bmp

DAVID BROWN TO START AT HB FOR SOUTH CAROLINA, MARSHALL RODRIGUEZ TO BE REDSHIRTED

In an unexpected turn of events, South Carolina head coach GCQ announced today that redshirt junior David Brown will enter the season as his starting HB. Sophomore Marshall Rodriguez, the person many expected to take the spot, will be redshirted.

"This situation is a perfect storm of events, and the rewards for a player making the most of an opportunity," coach GCQ said. "Marshall came into the program last year highly touted but in the third week of the season, as you all know, suffered a broken collarbone and was lost for the year. In came David Brown, who in the year before that was forced into the starting HB spot when Jarvis Giles went down and had an okay season."

"When Marshall went down this past season, he was asked to do it again and improved upon his numbers in every way, along with making some tremendous progress in offseason training. Because of that, David has earned the starting HB spot for this season. As a result, Marshall will take the year to make sure his collarbone is completely recovered, so when he returns next season there are no doubts to his well being."

South Carolina starts the season on the road at East Lansing as they face the Michigan State Spartans. When asked for comment, KanZolo didn't give a shit.

Azwethinkweiz said:
GC's first news story for next season will be about the departure of Marshall Rodriguez due to transferring.
Hope so. We could use some running back depth. Unlike some folks who horde running backs year after year.

AT, I'm headed home now so I should be ready to go in 15-20 mins.

MWS Natural said:
Hope so. We could use some running back depth. Unlike some folks who horde running backs year after year.

Who am I to tell them not to come here if they're interested? Also, I'm pretty sure the top 2 RBs had me on their list but I didn't even add them to my recruiting board because I have more pressing needs.

Azwethinkweiz said:
Who am I to tell them not to come here if they're interested? Also, I'm pretty sure the top 2 RBs had me on their list but I didn't even add them to my recruiting board because I have more pressing needs.
That is a good question. Why does so many of the top DE/DT have me as their #1?? I rarely have a RE or DT All-American and I have young talent at DT already. I would think every top safety or corner would want to go here because I do usually do have an All-American secondary player and I'm graduating my safeties. I never get any TE interest when I used to throw to my TE's all the time. Outside of prestige I wonder what else dictates recruitment interest.

BigAT

Interesting side story to the Rutgers-Texas Tech game, it will be a showdown between Brian Smith and Andre Estes who were rated #1 and #2 respectively in the running back recruiting class from 2 years ago.

BigAT said:
Interesting side story to the Rutgers-Texas Tech game, it will be a showdown between Brian Smith and Andre Estes who were rated #1 and #2 respectively in the running back recruiting class from 2 years ago.

Estes is currently 87. What's Smith rated?

Striker

Randall Cooper came from that class - was a 4-star, but forget where he was initially ranked. Sitting at 84 ovr.

EDIT I guess he was in a class after those two. AT has a crazy FB too. I miss McLaughlin already. :(

GG, AT. That had to be the ugliest display of offense ever. Neither of us could do anything. I guess Estes did have over 100 yards rushing though, and he didn't get injured, so I'll take that.

Striker said:
Randall Cooper came from that class - was a 4-star, but forget where he was initially ranked. Sitting at 84 ovr.

EDIT I guess he was in a class after those two. AT has a crazy FB too. I miss McLaughlin already. :(

It had to have been the same class. The only class after that one is the incoming class. I can't see a 4* back coming in as an 84 true freshman, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

Striker

I got positions mixed up - AT's QB and my starting QB Thomas Blake came in at the same time. My HB started out at 74 or so and has risen up to 84.

GCQuinton

GG, KZ. It was pretty much close the whole game, and just like the last time we played, came down to a field goal to win it.

David Brown justified his starting spot, and Jay Thompson started out kinda shaky and settled down with a solid first game, but the player of the game had to be the other Jay, Jay Keyes the kicker, with three field goals including the aforementioned game winner.

BigAT

Azwethinkweiz said:
GG, AT. That had to be the ugliest display of offense ever. Neither of us could do anything. I guess Estes did have over 100 yards rushing though, and he didn't get injured, so I'll take that.
GG. Pretty annoyed that I was unable to take advantage of any of the turnovers my defense got. I got into some really rough spots on 4th down too where I was in no-man's land. In retrospect I kind of regret not going for it in those spots, getting under 20 net yards on a punt is just worthless. I miss Brandon Coleman. :(

I really wish they would add in some additional overall control of defensive formation for Madden and NCAA. It's so frustrating at times to watch how badly overloaded sets on offense completely break the defensive logic.

Yeah, I was worried about you on those punts so I did a safe man return. I think it was the right call on the first one since it was still early and you almost got me inside the 5, just had an unlucky bounce. I think I would've gone for it on the second one though, if I were you.

I'll take 97 speed, 99 acceleration, 96 agility, and 99 elusiveness over 92 speed and 90 break tackle.

Although, somehow, AT's backers were able to run me down. Don't get how that works.

Azwethinkweiz said:
I'll take 97 speed, 99 acceleration, 96 agility, and 99 elusiveness over 92 speed and 90 break tackle.

Although, somehow, AT's backers were able to run me down. Don't get how that works.
Well if that is what works for you great. Guess we'll see how it plays out in a few days :)

MWS Natural said:
Well if that is what works for you great. Guess we'll see how it plays out in a few days :)

It doesn't. Like I said earlier the speed settings are jacked and I get run down by backers. But I'll brag about it anyway because it's all I have.

Azwethinkweiz said:
It doesn't. Like I said earlier the speed settings are jacked and I get run down by backers. But I'll brag about it anyway because it's all I have.

Really? I don't have a problem with getting run down from behind. If you mean linebackers taking angles and tackling the RB, that's how it should be. Even on the practice field my RB doesn't get run down like that and I probably have the fastest LB's in the dynasty. Last time I played Rutgers I had a pretty good outing rushing the football, but he may have different linebackers now.

MWS Natural said:
Really? I don't have a problem with getting run down from behind. If you mean linebackers taking angles and tackling the RB, that's how it should be. Even on the practice field my RB doesn't get run down like that and I probably have the fastest LB's in the dynasty. Last time I played Rutgers I had a pretty good outing rushing the football, but he may have different linebackers now.

No, I remember one particular situation where I ran a toss and his LB took the gap between the tackle and the guard then turned and ran me down from behind on the toss. I wouldn't complain if it were just them taking good angles. And I had a good day, 21 carries for 120 yards, but I feel like my speed should have given me more yardage on some of those plays.

Top Bottom